Pre-Game Talk: Bruins at Sens 10/23/18 7:30

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What did others think of Jaros? I thought he played well. I completely missed the 3rd though and wasn't 100% for the first 2 periods

I liked his game. Played a ton against the Bruins top line and held his own. Wideman probably has to look out, if Jaros keeps it up I think he might steal that last RD spot. I'm a big proponent of having a 3rd pair that leans towards defensive rather than offensive because it means you don't need to shelter them allowing the soft mins to go to your offensively gifted guys.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Dang would have loved to see how things would have gone had that too many men call not been taken, the initial penalty by Formenton was also a poor penalty at an awful time but then we doubled down on it and that was all she wrote, decent effort but basically that sequence was the game.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
tenor.gif

Well Jay...

Reactions: Senscore

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We always outshoot when we lose or are losing.

If we go on a big losing streak we will really be dominant.
Some d men hinder us from dominating by being unable to move a puck from stick to stick or regain possession

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Take away the 5 on 3 and it's anybody's game. Sens could have easily had a few more goals and Boston pretty well maxed their dangerous chances except the the one where Jaros tied up Bergeron's stick in the crease. As long as the team doesn't get a mental block over Boston it's all good. The young guys will continue to get better. I'd just like to see someone younger replace Carey for the long term's sake.

I wonder if the "Dumb penalty" taken by Alex Formenton, that cost the GWG, will have any bearing on whether he stays in the NHL this season ........ he's still pointless in 6 NHL games, and easily gets knocked off the puck and gets pushed around. Another year in Junior, and another year to bulk up a bit, may pay dividends in the long run.

Reactions: albator71

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
everyone's happy when we get two points we don't deserve. tonight we didn't get two points we did deserve

I was there. haven't looked up any stats. but we had the better of the play. we had the better of the scoring chances. and notwithstanding the score, Boston execs watching that game are definitely saying "if that team is supposed to finish 31st were ****ed"

We can carry the play but if we have a team that struggles with finishing this will be a recurring theme. We had 5 or 6 really good chances tonight that we just couldn't bury.

Reactions: Alex1234

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'd keep Formenton for now. I'd sit Borowiecki, send down Carey and bring up Chlapik. Formenton oozes speed and can generate offence and power plays just by getting in to foot races. I think once he scores one he's going to gain a lot of confidence. With the puck he plays a little timid right now. Maybe he's trying to get the "perfect" scoring opportunity for his first NHL goal?

Yes, Formenton is fast .......... but is not generating any offense.
6 games, zero points.
He, and the team would be better off, in the big picture, having him go down to Junior for one more year, come back bigger and stronger next season, and perhaps he won't be so easy to push around, like he is now.
There are players in Belleville that could take his roster spot and do at least as well as he's doing now, if not better.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Zack Smith has been ok to start this season but I’d rather see him on the wing then center.

And then defense?

But, really, they have no choice right now with JGP out, they need him at Center.

I too think he's better playing on the Wing, than playing Center.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Colin White is starting to get around the ice better but to often he gets a good opportunity and then makes a bad play. If he can start to capitalize on his opportunities he’ll be a good player for Ottawa.

So he must have quite a list of bad plays.. Want to list them?

btw

White just needs ice time imo; It doesn't have to be top 6 but it should be top 9 at least for this year to see how he develops. He still needs to get stronger so he can up his physical/board/net front play.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
White just needs ice time imo; It doesn't have to be top 6 but it should be top 9 at least for this year to see how he develops. He still needs to get stronger so he can up his physical/board/net front play.

What I like about White is that he'll occasionally make big plays happen out of nothing.

His speed is also much more noticeable than at any point I've seen before.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wonder what the paid attendance was.

They are still giving tickets away.

My mother-in-law was offered free tickets for last night's game as a cancelled STH.

And I don't really blame them. At least you make money off of the concessions and parking.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder what the paid attendance was.

They are still giving tickets away.

My mother-in-law was offered free tickets for last night's game as a cancelled STH.

And I don't really blame them. At least you make money off of the concessions and parking.

That and .. you may get some new customers .. its a way of marketing your product.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What I like about White is that he'll occasionally make big plays happen out of nothing.

His speed is also much more noticeable than at any point I've seen before.

When I watched his BC games... this guy flat out FLEW out there. He was remarkable. Even in WJC. When I saw him in the NHL I was so confused but I think all was missing was confidence really. I really hope he pans out, he's such a smart player.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
When I watched his BC games... this guy flat out FLEW out there. He was remarkable. Even in WJC. When I saw him in the NHL I was so confused but I think all was missing was confidence really. I really hope he pans out, he's such a smart player.
Forgot to mention that as well, White easily played his best game last night, saying that, the whole team played pretty well. It did not feel like a 4-1 game what so ever.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Forgot to mention that as well, White easily played his best game last night, saying that, the whole team played pretty well. It did not feel like a 4-1 game what so ever.

That's what happens when you play well but the opposition capitalizes on a few key mistakes while saving some sure goals.

Very hard to be angry at the boys considering how well they played overall. Young team with a clear lack of skill, these things are going to happen all year long (on top of the games where we get completely taken apart).

Agreed on White, he played a great game. He's blossoming.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad