Confirmed with Link: Bruins acquire Zac Rinaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
He was offered 5.5, he wanted 7.5. Dougie with all his skills and upside has not proven he's even worth the 5.5.

Why do people keep pretending that someone's starting position when negotiating a contract is non-negotiable?

As in, Hamilton would not budge from 7.5 and so as soon as he countered with that, then we had to ship him off?

That's BS. You start with an inflated number, knowing you're going to come down. Bruins, if they were negotiating in good faith (that's not entirely clear to me yet), presumably expected to go up from 5.5. If the B's were not willing to go more than 5.5m, then they're idiots. And everything that has happened since draft day, including the Hamilton trade and this latest acquisition, confirms this hypothesis.

Hamilton would have signed for 6.5m and he is, and will be, absolutely worth that.

Hamilton is 22 and already better than Letang and as good as Yandle. In a few years, with reasonable progress, will likely be as good as Seabrook/Keith/Doughty.

He was our second best D last year, and best offensive D. Likely was going to be our best D this year, surpassing Chara in all categories.

He was a Corsi beast, and everyone was a better player when he was on the ice.

At the very most, 6.5m might be an minor overpay in the first few years, but then it becomes a great and fantastic deal for the rest.

And it was absolutely affordable, if we could unload Kelly or Seids or find someone who would take Lucic without retaining, or we don't re-sign an injury plagued, slow, D Quaider, or we don't acquire Rinaldo.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Read between the lines.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=104435739&postcount=31

I'm not quoting any more from that thread but it is in there from people who have credible information.

If you notice Dom's lament, I think he's referring to Boston trashing Seguin after he was gone.

History repeats itself, indeed. Throw away a franchise talent for peanuts, and to cloak your idiocy, incompetency, or bad faith, leak nasty stories.

I'm sick of it.

I distrust this source. I distrust the character assassination. There is no goodwill left for this management group to draw on, that I believe them or any of these ****** bag anonymous stories.

Why is it every single talented young player seems to want to leave, or can't fit in, and torpedoes all of our plans, and we turf them for a bad return.

Perhaps the FO and management is the problem, not the players.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
hell, dont even need to pay that much.

you're telling me you cant get 1g 1a over 82 games out of Robbins or Camara?

It's not about the production and more about the energy and hitting ability. Rinaldo crushes people on the forecheck. If Julien can get him to harness that energy so it's more positive than negative, he'd be a great fourth line asset, especially if Kemp doesn't pan out. Rinaldo is 25 and already has over 200 games in the NHL.

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI
If you notice Dom's lament, I think he's referring to Boston trashing Seguin after he was gone.

History repeats itself, indeed. Throw away a franchise talent for peanuts, and to cloak your idiocy, incompetency, or bad faith, leak nasty stories.

I'm sick of it.

I distrust this source. I distrust the character assassination. There is no goodwill left for this management group to draw on, that I believe them or any of these ****** bag anonymous stories.

Why is it every single talented young player seems to want to leave, or can't fit in, and torpedoes all of our plans, and we turf them for a bad return.

Dale and Holley made this point yesterday and its spot on. Its amazing the success they've had considering they have not had a 1st rd pick contribute significantly over a long term period in the last 20 years.

1994-2015 1st Rd Picks (bolded were dealt and coincidentally the best):

DAVID PASTRNAK
MALCOLM SUBBAN
DOUGIE HAMILTON
TYLER SEGUIN

JOE COLBORNE
ZACH HAMILL
PHIL KESSEL
MATT LASHOFF
MARK STUART
HANNU TOIVONEN
SHAONE MORRISONN
LARS JONSSON
MARTIN SAMUELSSON
NICK BOYNTON
JOE THORNTON
SERGEI SAMSONOV

JOHNATHAN AITKEN
KYLE MCLAREN
SEAN BROWN
YEVGENI RYABCHIKOV

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Hamilton is just too introverted and 'uppity'. There are posters here who do have some sources. However, I think sometimes they fail to realize that even if they know some people, these sources will tell the "information" management wants because they know it will get leaked.

The Blackhawks can put aside this
http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/nhl/7/72/733609/chicago-blackhawks-cheating-scandal/
And win a Stanley Cup, having an introverted 'uppity' kid you cannot manage tells me how terrible management is.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have a feeling Rinaldo will be liked here. I don't mind the guy actually, he's a loose cannon for sure, but damn he's entertaining. Literally something happens every single time he hits the ice.

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
I have a feeling Rinaldo will be liked here. I don't mind the guy actually, he's a loose cannon for sure, but damn he's entertaining. Literally something happens every single time he hits the ice.

And it's only bad for his own team 80% of the time. . .

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
This guy is the kind of player that splits a locker room. The guys here remember how much of a piece of **** he is, when he comes in here not very well liked, I bet you it starts some drama.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Dale and Holley made this point yesterday and its spot on. Its amazing the success they've had considering they have not had a 1st rd pick contribute significantly over a long term period in the last 20 years.

1994-2015 1st Rd Picks (bolded were dealt and coincidentally the best):

DAVID PASTRNAK
MALCOLM SUBBAN
DOUGIE HAMILTON
TYLER SEGUIN

JOE COLBORNE
ZACH HAMILL
PHIL KESSEL
MATT LASHOFF
MARK STUART
HANNU TOIVONEN
SHAONE MORRISONN
LARS JONSSON
MARTIN SAMUELSSON
NICK BOYNTON
JOE THORNTON
SERGEI SAMSONOV

JOHNATHAN AITKEN
KYLE MCLAREN
SEAN BROWN
YEVGENI RYABCHIKOV

Incredible. Thanks for that. Incredible, both as you say, that they've seen success despite the brutally bad drafting, but also that the approach to these players has been consistent (and consistently bad) across different FO management teams.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Hamilton is just too introverted and 'uppity'. There are posters here who do have some sources. However, I think sometimes they fail to realize that even if they know some people, these sources will tell the "information" management wants because they know it will get leaked.

The Blackhawks can put aside this
http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/nhl/7/72/733609/chicago-blackhawks-cheating-scandal/
And win a Stanley Cup, having an introverted 'uppity' kid you cannot manage tells me how terrible management is.

The Hamilton stuff is quite clearly bull****. What young talented player would EVER want to come here, the way they treat players, both in turfing them for bad return and then trashing them as they head out the door?

Being introverted is a problem? If you can't manage an young talented player because he's introverted player, with the millions of dollars of resources a hockey team has, you're incompetent and should be fired immediately.

Clear out this entire FO, top to bottom.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This guy is the kind of player that splits a locker room. The guys here remember how much of a piece of **** he is, when he comes in here not very well liked, I bet you it starts some drama.

Doubt it. Steve Begin was a huge pest and broke a bone in Savard's back. Bruins ended up signing him a couple of years later and it never effected the room.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
If they added a line of nuns it wouldn't help, they have a reputation that is one of a big, tough team. They certainly were not this last season and did not get any additional calls.

I say embrace the reputation and live it, become big and tough and dirty again. Let Marchand play his game like he did in juniors, let Rinaldo hammer people with questionable hits, bring in more guys who are despised throughout the league.

I have been told that if I don't like what the Bruins are becoming to go watch MMA, it seems Sweeney and Neely are more in line with the type of hockey I like so I would say to the people that don't like players like Rinaldo, think McQuiad is over paid and terrible and hate physical hockey to go watch soccer or just listen for when Eriksson and Smith are on the ice, you have nothing to fear from them if you don't like tough hockey.

Be the Bruins of the 70's or the Broad Street Bullies, let other teams circle your games on the schedule because they hate the thought of playing you, make players like Kessel worry about playing against you because they know they will be hit and chopped at every chance. Be mean, tough and talented.

Therin lies the issue. I think we all would like that, but if that's what they're aiming for, they've sure got me fooled!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He also immediately becomes our best hitting forward...You know, maybe create some turnovers...maybe keep the puck down low for faceoffs so the offense gets a zone start ?

The 3rd round pick sucks to lose, but it's two years away. stressing about it now makes zero sense.

Yeah if he could hit in time, that guy is always late.

Fans are celebrating in Philly that they traded him, other fans are feelins sorry for us/laughing at us but we are saying this is a good trade, maybe we are no better than Sweeney and his Rinaldo trade.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Hamilton would have signed for 6.5m and he is, and will be, absolutely worth that.

I've heard he preferred to go elsewhere. But I'm not stating that as fact...I just don't know...and neither do you.

I do believe the Bruins were working on a deal for Arizona's pick and that it fell apart late. Had that deal gone through, likely the B's grab Hanifin, Strome wouldn't bother me at all either...but still people would be whining here..."an unproven player for your franchise defenseman, wah, wah, wah."

I submit that WE DON'T KNOW ENOUGH to draw an absolute conclusion about why Hamilton is gone, why a potential trade up to #3 fell through, etc. Just wish for once people would stop treating their own conclusions as gospel...offer an opinion, draw your conclusion, but understand that there's likely more to it than you know or care to admit (not singling you out specifically Ice).

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I've heard he preferred to go elsewhere. But I'm not stating that as fact...I just don't know...and neither do you.

I do believe the Bruins were working on a deal for Arizona's pick and that it fell apart late. Had that deal gone through, likely the B's grab Hanifin, Strome wouldn't bother me at all either...but still people would be whining here..."an unproven player for your franchise defenseman, wah, wah, wah."

I submit that WE DON'T KNOW ENOUGH to draw an absolute conclusion about why Hamilton is gone, why a potential trade up to #3 fell through, etc. Just wish for once people would stop treating their own conclusions as gospel...offer an opinion, draw your conclusion, but understand that there's likely more to it than you know or care to admit (not singling you out specifically Ice).

I would not be doing cartwheels if we traded Hamilton and ended up with Marner or Strome, but I certainly would begrudgingly tolerate it, especially since I think we are seriously deficient in the elite talent up front (Hamilton was our elite talent on D, so...). Hanifin makes less sense, since why trade Hamilton for Hanifin?, but also wouldn't be too bothered, as it would be obtaining a player with franchise level D upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad