Boston Bruins Bruins 50/50 raffle for Game 1 to go to Humbolt ( Mass residents can buy online )

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins 50/50 Raffle for Game 1 will go to Humbolt

The Boston Bruins and the Boston Bruins Foundation have two fundraising initiatives currently underway to help support those affected by the Humboldt Broncos tragedy.

The first initiative is an online raffle for an entire suite for Game 2 of the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs on Saturday, April 14 at 8:00 p.m. Fans can purchase tickets by visiting bruinsraffles.org.

In addition, the Boston Bruins Foundation will be hosting the 50/50 raffle on Thursday night's game vs. Toronto. All proceeds raised from the Super 50/50 Jackpot at Game 1 of the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs on Thursday, April 12 will be donated to support the Humboldt Broncos community. The winner is guaranteed to win at least $25,000. The raffle is live online and fans can purchase raffle tickets by visiting bruins5050.org

(Please note in order to purchase tickets online, fans must be physically in the state of Massachusetts at the time of purchase).

The Boston Bruins and Boston Bruins Foundation have pledged to donate a minimum of $50,000 to the Humboldt community through these efforts.
Information on how to get involved with these initiatives as well as any future initiatives and news will be included on BostonBruins.com/Humboldt.

You can buy tickets online IF you live in Massachusetts

- 5050Central

upload_2018-4-10_21-41-46.png

cut.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-10_21-30-10.png
    upload_2018-4-10_21-30-10.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 1

BurnsBlue

Jun 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Hey guys. I live in Halifax NS. A long time ago we had a disaster here that devastated the city. Boston stepped up and helped us greatly in our hour of need and as a thank you we send a Christmas tree every year to you guys and gals. Seeing Boston stepping up again to help those in need just shows how much of a standup city you are.

When it comes to sports, we are mortal enemies but in life we are brothers and sisters in arms.

My hat is off to the city of Boston and Bostonians (dunno if that's a thing lol)

Cheers everyone

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Hey guys. I live in Halifax NS. A long time ago we had a disaster here that devastated the city. Boston stepped up and helped us greatly in our hour of need and as a thank you we send a Christmas tree every year to you guys and gals. Seeing Boston stepping up again to help those in need just shows how much of a standup city you are.

When it comes to sports, we are mortal enemies but in life we are brothers and sisters in arms.

My hat is off to the city of Boston and Bostonians (dunno if that's a thing lol)

Cheers everyone

And we know how helpful Halifax was on 9/11 - it's an amazing bond our two cities have. I'm actually quite excited to see Come From Away when it comes to Boston - I know it takes place in Newfoundland, but the whole Operation Yellow Ribbon story is fascinating, and we're thankful for your help. Every year in December, I'm happy that Nova Scotia sends us a Christmas tree, and every year in October, I'm happy they send us Brad Marchand.

It's amazing how big the 50/50's gotten. Before they opened it up to the Internet, they'd over a little under $20K on a good day. With the new online availability, I've noticed it at $40-$50K IIRC, and it's great to see so much money raised for Humbolt.

If anyone's interested, Ian McClaren, a writer for Score (and a Bruins fan and a good follow) is organizing a "points on the board" thing running for the playoffs to benefit the Humbolt GoFundMe.

I assume it's an informal thing - you just say what you donate (ie $1 for every Brad Marchand point, or $5 per Bruins win), and donate directly to the fund. Heck, you don't even have to bother to do the form - you can just donate to the GoFundMe.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The total started off at 40k, and i was chatting with some of the 50/50 guys speculating it would hit 100k. Never expected 200+. Unbelievable. On a good night it gets to 35-40

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Well done Boston.

The amount of support this tiny community is getting is astounding. Hopefully this sets a precedence that can be followed in the wake of future tragedies.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad