Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From the Globe:

Coyle is recovering from mid-June surgery to repair an avulsion fracture in his left kneecap and a small tear of the patellar tendon, according to his agent, Bob Norton. Doctors have told him he should be on the ice by September, when training camp begins.
It’s unclear when the bone chip happened, but it cost the physical center some of his burst and puck-possessing power. Coyle played in 51 games and scored at a career-low pace (6-10—16). Coyle, like defenseman Kevan Miller, spent a healthy amount of time with the Bruins’ training staff, trying different kinds of therapies to relieve pain.

For Bruins, action should pick up on Tuukka Rask, David Krejci and Taylor Hall with NHL expansion draft looming - The Boston Globe

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
From the Globe:

Coyle is recovering from mid-June surgery to repair an avulsion fracture in his left kneecap and a small tear of the patellar tendon, according to his agent, Bob Norton. Doctors have told him he should be on the ice by September, when training camp begins.
It’s unclear when the bone chip happened, but it cost the physical center some of his burst and puck-possessing power. Coyle played in 51 games and scored at a career-low pace (6-10—16). Coyle, like defenseman Kevan Miller, spent a healthy amount of time with the Bruins’ training staff, trying different kinds of therapies to relieve pain.

For Bruins, action should pick up on Tuukka Rask, David Krejci and Taylor Hall with NHL expansion draft looming - The Boston Globe
Hopefully he'll have a big bounce back year after the surgeries. I never thought that he's the kind of a guy to not (at least) try to earn every dollar of his contract. Hopefully they can find him some better line-mates.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
From the Globe:

This explains why CC struggled this year.
Hope is at 100% next year.

Reactions: TCB and MAINE-IAC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From today’s Globe:

Sweeney said defenseman John Moore, limited to 29 games the last two seasons, will be full-go for training camp. Moore, who played through a badly torn shoulder in the 2019 run to the Stanley Cup Final, appeared in five games last year because of a hip injury that required another surgery. The left-shot defender has two years remaining at a $2.75 million salary cap hit . . .

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
From today’s Globe:

Sweeney said defenseman John Moore, limited to 29 games the last two seasons, will be full-go for training camp. Moore, who played through a badly torn shoulder in the 2019 run to the Stanley Cup Final, appeared in five games last year because of a hip injury that required another surgery. The left-shot defender has two years remaining at a $2.75 million salary cap hit . . .
would be good if Moore can play regularly, even if just so they can move him for like a 3rd at some point.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
would be good if Moore can play regularly, even if just so they can move him for like a 3rd at some point.
Yep, and let's not forget how many Dman the Bruins have had to play each of the last few runs they've had. He could be very valuable to us if the injuries pile up.

Reactions: BMC and StrBender

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
From today’s Globe:

Good to hear...hope to see him compete.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I keep thinking of Moore as "washed-up/too old", but the guy is only 30. I mean, not young, but not old either. If he can stay healthy and put this stretch of injuries behind him, maybe getting some more consistent minutes will help get his game back on track. He seems like one of those players that isn't spectacular at any one aspect of the position, but is smart, defends well, not totally useless in the O zone, and can give you solid third-pairing minutes.

Would be great if they could rotate him with Zboril, Vaak, Clifton. Give the young guys some rotations without over-relying on them, and providing some vet experience when needed.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The problem with Moore to me always seems to be confidence. He's a good player when he's getting ice time every day but the second he gets a night off, he falls apart.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
The problem with Moore to me always seems to be confidence. He's a good player when he's getting ice time every day but the second he gets a night off, he falls apart.
Agree and we see him for a game then he is sitting for 20

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Agree and we see him for a game then he is sitting for 20
it`s something I have issues with Butch about, not saying that nobody should ever be benched but I feel the leash is super extended for players who should have seen the press box earlier, see Kuraly, Jake but he keeps rolling out but a guy like Moore makes a mistake and he`s gonzo for games on end. I find sometimes that Butch presses the buttons of various players a bit incorrectly. Some players react positively with a benching and respond, others do what Moore does and for me, unless he`s making mistake after mistake ending up with pucks in your net, extend the leash a bit

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
it`s something I have issues with Butch about, not saying that nobody should ever be benched but I feel the leash is super extended for players who should have seen the press box earlier, see Kuraly, Jake but he keeps rolling out but a guy like Moore makes a mistake and he`s gonzo for games on end. I find sometimes that Butch presses the buttons of various players a bit incorrectly. Some players react positively with a benching and respond, others do what Moore does and for me, unless he`s making mistake after mistake ending up with pucks in your net, extend the leash a bit

To be fair, Moore's scratchings have had more to do with the guys in front of him than it was a reflection of his play. When he's been healthy (which isn't often) he's had tough competition for ice time.

And because he's sort of this "jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none" type of D-man, it's been harder to find a solid role for him where he's in the line-up every night. And he doesn't sound like the type of player who can stay sharp and confident when he's in-and-out of the line-up. Some guys can thrive in that role, some guys aren't suited for it. He may be one not suited to being a reserve-type player.

I'm a bit surprised he's even back playing considering how little he's played the past nearly 3 years now. Will be interesting to see how he performs.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
it`s something I have issues with Butch about, not saying that nobody should ever be benched but I feel the leash is super extended for players who should have seen the press box earlier, see Kuraly, Jake but he keeps rolling out but a guy like Cehlarik a mistake and he`s gonzo for games on end. I find sometimes that Butch presses the buttons of various players a bit incorrectly. Some players react positively with a benching and respond, others do what Cehlarik does and for me, unless he`s making mistake after mistake ending up with pucks in your net, extend the leash a bit

Yup...

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yikes, more serious than I thought based on how he got up. Wilson injures another Bruin.
Sooner or later that Wilson will get his and I hope it really puts him out.Yip I said that and feel really bad saying it but that douchbag tries to hurt people and better him them somebody else .He tries to injure players .Like I said,as he ages his day will come and I will be smiling when it does come

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sooner or later that Wilson will get his and I hope it really puts him out.Yip I said that and feel really bad saying it but that douchbag tries to hurt people and better him them somebody else .He tries to injure players .Like I said,as he ages his day will come and I will be smiling when it does come
when do the Caps play the Rangers? That`s when he`ll get his if he doesn`t run for cover when Reaves is on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad