Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
One more to add to the injured list: me.

Went for a 20k bike ride yesterday evening along the paved fitness trails here in Toronto, along the Lakeshore and around the Port Lands. Almost home, I collided with a group of teens on the trail coming the opposite way, some of whom were in the on-coming lane. Tried to avoid them but handlebars made contact. I went ass over tea kettle. Got a fractured clavicle and 2 busted ribs and some scrapes. A punctured lung short of the Full Bergeron!

Helmet spared me any serious head injury, thankfully.

Arm in a sling. Listed as week to week.

Sorry to hear. You must be in a world of pain. Have a Manhattan it might help.

Reactions: TCB and HumBucker

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Of course you realize I sent my reply to the wrong person but not the idea of having a Manhattan today. Enjoy, only 2, there is a game.
All good MF. I've never had a Manhattan but it's on my to-do list next time in Las Vegas.

I am a big fan of the older Simpsons and there's a great episode that involve Manhattan's so that made me smile.

:)

Reactions: Maine Fan

StrBender

Mar 7, 2005
North Shore, MA
One more to add to the injured list: me.

Went for a 20k bike ride yesterday evening along the paved fitness trails here in Toronto, along the Lakeshore and around the Port Lands. Almost home, I collided with a group of teens on the trail coming the opposite way, some of whom were in the on-coming lane. Tried to avoid them but handlebars made contact. I went ass over tea kettle. Got a fractured clavicle and 2 busted ribs and some scrapes. A punctured lung short of the Full Bergeron!

Helmet spared me any serious head injury, thankfully.

Arm in a sling. Listed as week to week.

I hope you feel better soon!

Reactions: HumBucker

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Don’t worry too much folks, they believe in their farm and the system. They’re taking health seriously. 20, hell 10, years ago you’d see miller and Carlo back in. But it’s not necessary. They can win without them. They won’t win a cup without them, but the goal right now is one game

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Totally unacceptable what is going on here. Bruins played some amazing hockey in their losses, while the Islanders just hung on for dear life and cached in on favorable, one-sided calls. Then Cassidy literally tells the honest truth and answers a question and is smacked with a $25,000 fine, meanwhile other coaches have and continue to say worse things. So now not only are there two sets of rules on the ice, but also two sets of rules off the ice? Completely unacceptable set of circumstances by the league and they should be ashamed.

Cassidy and the players certainly make a heck of a lot more money than us, and are "rich," but $25,000 is a lot of money even for someone like him. Whole situation is just entirely distasteful, and I have a bad feeling that between the injuries, officiating, fines, and having poured their hearts out for nothing repeatedly, the entire team is just going to be deflated. Maybe they will come out even more pissed off, but this doesn't bode well at all.

Reactions: BBruins and BMC

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Damn. Cassidy sounds pretty defeated, too.
To be fair, at least on the first part, he had basically nothing but depressing news to convey. Like all season, we’re relying on guys way down the depth chart on D, and as most of those that are top 6 most playing much higher in the pairings/more ice time than would be ideal. And in truth, our D has not cleared out pucks we needed cleared out. Add to that several pucks bouncing right onto Isles sticks off of skates it’s a ball buster.

Losing Lazar adds to the woes. 4th line hasn’t been great to begin with and of the three he’s the last one you want to lose.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I hope the players chipped in. It had to be said

Me Too.
But i don't like it either way.

I think Cassidy looked like he was pouting, and it was an act of desperation, hopefully the Bruins respond to it, if not I think it'll be the last we see of Cassidy behind the Bruins bench, but that's just me. I think everyone of them were penalties and the Bruins didn't kill them.

Sure their were calls that weren't made but that goes both-ways. A very wise man once told me a very long time ago when I didn't like a call. He asked me did the official make the call I said yes, his reply, then it was a penalty, move on.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Me Too.
But i don't like it either way.

I think Cassidy looked like he was pouting, and it was an act of desperation, hopefully the Bruins respond to it, if not I think it'll be the last we see of Cassidy behind the Bruins bench. but that's just me. I think everyone of them were penalties and the Bruins didn't kill them.

Sure their were calls that weren't made but that goes both-ways. A very wise man once told me a very long time ago when I didn't like a call. He asked me did the official make the call I said yes, his reply then it was a penalty, so move on.
I agree except if you are going to let them play fine (unless it is so bad you have to call it) but we were at the game and they let far to much go from the NYI .

It was the worst called game (one sided) that I have seen all season.

The coach had to say something. Damned if he does...Damned if he doesn't.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I agree except if you are going to let them play fine (unless it is so bad you have to call it) but we were at the game and they let far to much go from the NYI .

It was the worst called game (one sided) that I have seen all season.

The coach had to say something. Damned if he does...Damned if he doesn't.

Lol

No doubt he's certainly in a can't win situation and he needs to defend his players, so for that I give him props but I would of liked to seen him go all in, not playing devils advocate. Hell if your going to get fined throw in all your cards and get your moneys worth.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I’d put money on Carlo and miller playing if they force game 7 after tonight
I'd be floored if we see Carlo again this season unless we make it to the finals.

Bunch of things bother me:

1) He got his head rattled hard only a short time after being victimized by that POS Wilson.
2) He's got a history of head injuries namely from that POS Ovechkin (seeing a trend, anyone?)
3) When he went down on the ice, his left side was trying to get up but his right side appeared to flail.
4) Even a few minutes later as he went off the ice he was still weak on the right side.
5) I know it's reading into things, but his face as he kneeled on the ice after trying and failing to get up spoke volumes. Reminded me of Savy going off in tears after a mild Hunwick hit. Not the same situation, but made me think both were saying "f***...... it's happened again".

I'm not Neurologist, but unless that right side weakness was some sort of stinger in ADDITION to the head shot (in other words not caused by the brain rattle), count me as hoping they are super cautious with him.

Reactions: HustleB

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'd be floored if we see Carlo again this season unless we make it to the finals.

Bunch of things bother me:

1) He got his head rattled hard only a short time after being victimized by that POS Wilson.
2) He's got a history of head injuries namely from that POS Ovechkin (seeing a trend, anyone?)
3) When he went down on the ice, his left side was trying to get up but his right side appeared to flail.
4) Even a few minutes later as he went off the ice he was still weak on the right side.
5) I know it's reading into things, but his face as he kneeled on the ice after trying and failing to get up spoke volumes. Reminded me of Savy going off in tears after a mild Hunwick hit. Not the same situation, but made me think both were saying "f***...... it's happened again".

I'm not Neurologist, but unless that right side weakness was some sort of stinger in ADDITION to the head shot (in other words not caused by the brain rattle), count me as hoping they are super cautious with him.

His expression was everything.

But these head injuries have a way of randomly disappearing just as much as they can resurface, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how it's gonna go.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
His expression was everything.

But these head injuries have a way of randomly disappearing just as much as they can resurface, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how it's gonna go.
I agree. And I shouldn't fall prey to the temptation to diagnose from afar. I know Jack Diddly.

I just hated seeing him struggle to get up.

Of course I have watched a LOT of medical dramas in my time, so I'm not a novice.:laugh:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I agree. And I shouldn't fall prey to the temptation to diagnose from afar. I know Jack Diddly.

I just hated seeing him struggle to get up.

Of course I have watched a LOT of medical dramas in my time, so I'm not a novice.:laugh:

It was pretty shocking to watch, I totally agree. I felt so bad for 'em when he got half way up and the camera was focused right on his face. He looked demoralized. Then the stumble down the tunnel. It was just tough to watch...and as Bruins fans we've seen some pretty difficult to watch hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad