Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 8m

Patrice Bergeron out on the ice today @tdgarden... ^CS

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 8m

Patrice Bergeron out on the ice today @tdgarden... ^CS

This is very good news. My guess is barring complications he will be back in time for playoffs.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I freaking love Bergy and this team is a far lesser one without him in the lineup, but if what happened on that play injured his brain, he has no business ever playing the game again in my opinion.

That sounds very white horse-ish, but I truly believe that.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
I freaking love Bergy and this team is a far lesser one without him in the lineup, but if what happened on that play injured his brain, he has no business ever playing the game again in my opinion.

That sounds very white horse-ish, but I truly believe that.

They're just more cautious with that stuff in general and especially with a guy like Bergeron. The fact that he was skating a week after the fact tells you it probably wasnt that serious. Its probably something that guys in the 70's just shook off and kept playing without even thinking about concussions, but those days are thankfully over.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

Coach said Adam McQuaid is "ready" and "there's a good possibility you'll see him in the lineup tonight" ^CS

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Patrice Bergeron skating at TD Garden
Patrice Bergeron is skating at TD Garden this morning. Bergeron is one of seven players on the ice. The others are Tuukka Rask, Adam McQuaid, Wade Redden, Aaron Johnson, Kaspars Daugavins, and Jay Pandolfo.
Bergeron continues to progress from the concussion he suffered on April 2 against Ottawa. Bergeron’s next step would be to join the team for practice

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/04/patrice_bergero_12.html

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I take it no official announcement from the team regarding Marchand? I assume concussion but I'm wondering how bad and such.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
CJ said he is being reassessed by doctors this morning and there will be an update later today.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
They're just more cautious with that stuff in general and especially with a guy like Bergeron. The fact that he was skating a week after the fact tells you it probably wasnt that serious. Its probably something that guys in the 70's just shook off and kept playing without even thinking about concussions, but those days are thankfully over.

'70s? This sort of thing was fluffed off into the '90s and 2000s. How many times did we hear, "Oh he'll be fine. He just got his bell rung." Looking at the PCS Savvy is still experiencing, and the PCS Crosby went through, it's hard to fathom how guys played through head injuries as recently as 10-15 yeaers ago,

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Honestly up until Savard concussion still seemed to be taken as less than serious. I think the "shake it off and keep playing" mentality is still very much part of sports culture.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Volchenkov to have a phone hearing today. I can see it now.
Shannihan:" So, how's fast do you think Marchand was moving when he charged your elbow?"

If the shoe was on the other foot and it was Brad who had delivered that hit he would miss a few games.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
The worst thing about these injuries is the timing. Kelly was on the verge of returning and Jagr just joined the team when Bergy went down. Marchand goes down when Bergy was on the verge of returning. I'm worried to see what else happens now that Soderberg is on the verge of joining the team. All this happeneing with the playoffs right around the corner.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
The worst thing about these injuries is the timing. Kelly was on the verge of returning and Jagr just joined the team when Bergy went down. Marchand goes down when Bergy was on the verge of returning. I'm worried to see what else happens now that Soderberg is on the verge of joining the team. All this happeneing with the playoffs right around the corner.

it's been like a greek tragedy

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
What is disgusting, aside from the elbow itself, is the fact that the Marchand thread had to be locked on the main boards while every other players' is pretty much left alone. Select few fans of rival teams (MAK or whoever the Vancouver fan kid is as one example) just go in and troll Marchand saying he caused it. Seriously?

I really hope the pieces come together and we have a healthy Bruins team going into the playoffs.

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc
What is disgusting, aside from the elbow itself, is the fact that the Marchand thread had to be locked on the main boards while every other players' is pretty much left alone. Select few fans of rival teams (MAK or whoever the Vancouver fan kid is as one example) just go in and troll Marchand saying he caused it. Seriously?

I really hope the pieces come together and we have a healthy Bruins team going into the playoffs.

Fact is he is one of the most hated players in the league. Everything he does is hyper-scrutinized. Most times he will be blamed based on the bias. Anyway hope its just a bruised ear...

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

They're jealous and for some people that is the highest compliment they can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad