Injury Report: Bruins 2013 Injury Thread ‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
:laugh: The people calling for an in game if not instant response...

Not this team, you know that. Coach don't go for that.

But don't worry, 22 will fight a Devil of their choosing next season...and we'll call it even.

:shakehead

No one thinks twice about dirty-ing Bruins. We let the league handle it, for the most part (*cough cough* chicken-shhh *cough cough*)...and when we finally do something it's weak.

What do I care if Volchenkov gets suspended? Does little for ME. Not helping my hockey team.

Sometimes you gotta make a point. Cowboy Up. ;)

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
Like clockwork

You do realize how stupid it would be to cause havoc on the ice around a guy who's down on his knees with his head on the ice?

Thank you. It's like all the UFC fans who only want a KO every fight in the first ten seconds. So annoying. Let's jump on Volchenkov, who after the hit basically used Marchand as a shield by trying to help him up, then the ref came in. Would have been bad if a pile fell on Marchand.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
@DavidCGoucher: In response to tweets on #BradMarchand, the eye test didn't look good. If concussion, NHL protocols take over. Would be at least a week.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
@DavidCGoucher: In response to tweets on #BradMarchand, the eye test didn't look good. If concussion, NHL protocols take over. Would be at least a week.

Ugh..

2/3rds of our first line down and out. Hope Marchand is gonna be okay. Perfect timing for Soderberg to come on over though I guess

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
There's no doubt in my mind that it will be diagnosed as a concussion, and Marchy will be out at least a week.

Pretty much. He looked very dazed when leaving the ice. I don't think it was a matter of if he had one but how bad.

Hope he returns quickly. The team needs him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pretty much. He looked very dazed when leaving the ice. I don't think it was a matter of if he had one but how bad.

Hope he returns quickly. The team needs him.

Bearforce 1 better be in the landing strip in Sweden right now;)

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I don't expect to see Marchand until the playoffs. He didn't look good coming off the ice. Good time for the Yeti to come over and play in the top 6, I guess.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Not looking to make excuses, but I don't think a lot of the Bruin players knew how vicious that hit actually was.

Marchand didn't drop right away...it took him a few seconds after he grabbed his head. By that time, the ref grabbed Anton.

Either way, let's hope he's okay :(

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
:laugh: The people calling for an in game if not instant response...

Not this team, you know that. Coach don't go for that.

But don't worry, 22 will fight a Devil of their choosing next season...and we'll call it even.

:shakehead

No one thinks twice about dirty-ing Bruins. We let the league handle it, for the most part (*cough cough* chicken-shhh *cough cough*)...and when we finally do something it's weak.

What do I care if Volchenkov gets suspended? Does little for ME. Not helping my hockey team.

Sometimes you gotta make a point. Cowboy Up. ;)

Like this?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Volchenkov to have a phone hearing today. I can see it now.
Shannihan:" So, how's fast do you think Marchand was moving when he charged your elbow?"

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Did they even show a replay in the arena? I know when Cooke hit Savard in Pittsburgh they didn't show a replay in the building.

Very doubtful. They just don't do that.

Fans have the benefit of multiple slo-mo replays and microscopic analysis. Some seem to have trouble understanding how fast and furious things are happening on the ice. There are times when players see a clean hit as dirty, and vice versa. It's easy to sit in your living room and say how players should react; it's a lot more difficult when you're right in the middle of it.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Fans have the benefit of multiple slo-mo replays and microscopic analysis.

My favorite posts are the frame by frame breakdowns of a players body position during a full speed collision.

"Look! Look at the top corner of his elbow RIGHT THERE! IN THAT FRAME! HE IS AIMING FOR HIS CEREBRAL CORTEX RIGHT THERE!"

The most entertaining analysis recently was the Del Zotto elbow on Neal.

According to some HF members DZ has a triple black belt in Bruce Lee Jedi Knight elbowing.

Last edited:

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
I thought I noticed when he came off the ice he stopped and almost looked like he was just standing in the tunnel for a minute (without help) and was looking like he was gonna shake it off and be ok...I assume by NHL protocol they had to take him in back and do tests..Looking at the replay it almost looks like it could be his neck, looks like he hyper-extended his neck in a whiplash kind of motion to the side..Might not be a concussion at all but at same time could very well be

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Like this?

yes, but then the vocal minority thought that was stupid of him to do and put his team shorthanded. Can't win either way.

I think the Krejci hit last night was viewed as incidental, and we were shorthanded; you don't look for retribution on incidental contact. The Marchand hit could have been answered, but the team laid an egg on the ensuing power play and let up a goal; making them have to skate for 2 points and not look to make a physical point. This team knows they have each other's backs, the 2 points and first place is more important.

Not that I don't think this team is playing softer than recent years; but sometimes the outcry against them is a little much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad