Injury Report: Bruins 2013 Injury Thread ‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
:thumbd:
Let's face it...Bergy is 1 cold-**** away from CAREER OVER.

As much as I have love him, we need backup plans. As a GM, I would look at dealing him in the offseason if he is healthy in the playoffs...or during the season next year.The problem is the return might not be significant because of other GMs being very wary.

What I wouldn't do is sign him to another Savard contract.

So, the problem the Bs will have if they do resign him is Bergy and agent wanting 5-7 years and the Bruins offering 1-2 years at a time to avoid issues with the contract down the road.

Really really tough situation. In the NFL, he would probably be released.

:thumbd::shakehead:help::huh::banghead::facepalm:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
marc savard ‏@MSavvy91 1m
For those of you great fans who are asking me every day I still don't see a comeback in the near future #stillrecovering #missthegame

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
im worried about bergie.
its been a week, right??

Bad news that he still has symptoms if that is true.

im hoping for the best, but i am not optimistic about even a playoff return.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
im worried about bergie.
its been a week, right??

Bad news that he still has symptoms if that is true.

im hoping for the best, but i am not optimistic about even a playoff return.

I believe Bergy will be back by the playoffs if not before.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Elbow from Colin Greening in the Ottawa game last week. Not a dirty play at all. Both guys were racing for a loose puck in front of the net and Greening stuck out his arm to fend off Bergy and Bergy ran right into his elbow. On first watch nobody knew what the injury on the play was because the contact looked pretty light, but the elbow caught him right under the ear. Bergy immediately got up and skated off on his own power so it didn't look too bad at the time.

Reminded me of his second concussion when he ran into Seidenberg's shoulder a month after he came back from his first one.

I think Bergy will be back April 19 (gut feeling, no inside info).

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I believe Bergy will be back by the playoffs if not before.

i hope so, but i was thinking this was like the concussion he got in the 2011 playoffs.
He was already skating by now after that one.

I dont know if they rushed him in 2011 because it was the playoffs or not.

Im just worried that he still has symptoms a week after the contact.

It is good to see he was at the game last nite.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
marc savard ‏@MSavvy91 1m
For those of you great fans who are asking me every day I still don't see a comeback in the near future #stillrecovering #missthegame

This is bittersweet.

I like the fact that he is recovering, but it is really sad that he is out of the game.

Savard is missed on this team (PP went to pot after Cooke took him out).

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
Get well Bergeron

I do not like seeing ANY player go down dew to serous injury. Especially a player like Bergeron. A world class player. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and can get back on the ice. I am hoping to see Penguins and Bruins in the eastern final...both fully healthy

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
Neely hinted on the radio that Bergeron's condition has been improving and sounded optimistic he'd be back by the end of the season. He didn't directly say that though.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
I hope Bergeron is good to go soon for you guys.

You need to catch MTL.

But I think you can do it without Patrice.

Best of luck.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Let's keep in mind that Bergeron played two full seasons before this happened. This is a far cry from an Eric Lindros situation where could never put a healthy stretch together.

It didn't look too serious. I bet he feels 100% in a week or two at the most. Then they will probably give him another week off to be on the safe side.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Maybe it's just me but I have not had an ominous feeling on this concussion, too many indicators that things aren't as bad as people feared, I'm quite hopeful that he is back just before the playoffs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Let's face it...Bergy is 1 cold-**** away from CAREER OVER.

As much as I have love him, we need backup plans. As a GM, I would look at dealing him in the offseason if he is healthy in the playoffs...or during the season next year.

The problem is the return might not be significant because of other GMs being very wary.

What I wouldn't do is sign him to another Savard contract.

So, the problem the Bs will have if they do resign him is Bergy and agent wanting 5-7 years and the Bruins offering 1-2 years at a time to avoid issues with the contract down the road.

Really really tough situation. In the NFL, he would probably be released.

I feel bad for you

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
i hope so, but i was thinking this was like the concussion he got in the 2011 playoffs.
He was already skating by now after that one.

I dont know if they rushed him in 2011 because it was the playoffs or not.

Im just worried that he still has symptoms a week after the contact.

It is good to see he was at the game last nite.

Probably. Considering we were going into the ECF, somewhere we hadn't been in 19 years, I'm sure they wanted their best forward back so we could make for a Stanley Cup... We've nearly clinched the playoffs, and the unspeakable would have to strike for us to miss them.

We'll give him more time than he needs because we need him in tip-top shape for the playoffs, especially since we're poised for a serious run. He's been our best player this season by far, he'll get all the time he needs and then some to rest and recover.

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
While were Technically not Clinched the Playoff's yet i think its quite obvious we will be in them.

As for Bergeron, It's frustrating as a fan to see it happen to him again.. Leave's you with that feeling in your stomach even a week later from the incident.

No player i'd rather see go through the rest of his career concussion free after this one.

I'm not saying He's at his breaking point, but you have to imagine if he has a few more do you think it may become a possibility of him retiring?

That would be AWFUL for the Bruin's Future.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I don't know if no news is good news.

I hope they take their time, honestly. IF he passes all his baselines and skates and feels normal I'd sit him an extra week.

We are making the playoffs, will likely have home ice for at least the first round. Let the guy get better.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Keep him out of the rest of the regular season.

They will clinch a spot without him, and the rest will do a tremendous amount of good for the playoff run.

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
Keep him out of the rest of the regular season.

They will clinch a spot without him, and the rest will do a tremendous amount of good for the playoff run.

I just don't understand the logic behind this.

There should clearly be a date after a concussion where the player is "ready to play". Letting him play before that is lunacy, but I'm not sure what gains are to be had in letting the player rest beyond that point. I'd prefer the date to be sooner, and have Bergeron recall the game speed prior to the playoffs.

Do you have any reason for believing the rest will do any amount of good, let alone a tremendous amount?

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Do you have any reason for believing the rest will do any amount of good, let alone a tremendous amount?

He's the kind of player that would adjust to game speed pretty easily. Bergeron works his ass off and I'm sure he has some nagging sprains and bruises. His game will only improve he has a few extra days off to heal up.

Look, it won't happen. Bergeron will play as soon as he's able. Just my thoughts on it.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I just don't understand the logic behind this.

There should clearly be a date after a concussion where the player is "ready to play". Letting him play before that is lunacy, but I'm not sure what gains are to be had in letting the player rest beyond that point. I'd prefer the date to be sooner, and have Bergeron recall the game speed prior to the playoffs.

I tend to agree, if he's good to go, you won't be able to keep a guy like him out of the lineup. If he has anything else that has been bothering him like a shoulder or leg or something then let him rest up. But if he's good to go now, then he's going to play

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I tend to agree, if he's good to go, you won't be able to keep a guy like him out of the lineup. If he has anything else that has been bothering him like a shoulder or leg or something then let him rest up. But if he's good to go now, then he's going to play

This was my thought process. Knowing how hard he plays, I'm sure he has a couple of dings like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->