GDT: Bruins (2) at Leafs (0). You have got to Win. Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That would be a very, very hard position to put Grundstrom in. Not sure if I'd be up for throwing him into the fire in a must win game. Maybe try Leivo? Not sure if he can handle the speed we need to be running at though. I think they go with Moore in the end.

Leivo can handle it but Babcock hates him. They need a net front presence and someone that can work the boards more than anything else and Leivo is really good at both those things.

Knowing Babs, it will be Martin.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Any word on Komarovs health/replacement?

Mirtle mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised if Grundstrom was recalled. It would be weird to play him over Leivo and Moore but the Leafs are super high on him.
Yeah I would be extremely surprised if we threw him in there, it doesn't make sense at all. Mirtle is wrong here.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

bluumax

Mar 7, 2008
The only way this is close is if the Bruins are tired of picking the bones of young chickens and are tired of scoring...its more like they will take a dump using Leafs to wipe themselves as is done in nature.
They know what type of lineup EgoCock is throwing at them and will take full advantage of the disadvantage.

Pucker up cause theres more pain coming like mikey told ya.

Lou needs to take the bench and insert the people he brought in to have any chance.

Can we ban this guy? i think Babs ran his dog over or something because his post history is literally just Babcock butthurt.

Contributes absolutely nothing but opinion and conjecture

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The only way this is close is if the Bruins are tired of picking the bones of young chickens and are tired of scoring...its more like they will take a dump using Leafs to wipe themselves as is done in nature.
They know what type of lineup EgoCock is throwing at them and will take full advantage of the disadvantage.

Pucker up cause theres more pain coming like mikey told ya.

Lou needs to take the bench and insert the people he brought in to have any chance.
You sound so stupid, it hurts. Seriously.

Reactions: Walshy7

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Leivo can handle it but Babcock hates him. They need a net front presence and someone that can work the boards more than anything else and Leivo is really good at both those things.

Knowing Babs, it will be Martin.
Really good might be stretching it. I think Leivo offensively might be fine but defensively he seems like a downgrade on our already struggling system.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Can we ban this guy? i think Babs ran his dog over or something because his post history is literally just Babcock ********.

Contributes absolutely nothing but opinion and conjecture

You sound so stupid, it hurts. Seriously.
He didn't get a reaction from his first post so he submitted a second one and this is exactly what he wanted. This is what the ignore button is for.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah I would be extremely surprised if we threw him in there, it doesn't make sense at all. Mirtle is wrong here.

Yes, the idea of Grundstrom is pretty far out there. I'm hoping for Leivo myself, can you just imagine if he scored the winner tonight?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Really good might be stretching it. I think Leivo offensively might be fine but defensively he seems like a downgrade on our already struggling system.

Downgrade on what exactly? In short sample amount of games, he never struggled with any of it. Put him in as a depth player with some PP time and you're getting much better than Moore or Martin.

God knows we need more puck possession, not less of it.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I would be putting in Martin. Some people don't like him on here but the only reason he's on the team is to smash and crash during playoffs and he does a good job with it.
I thought he was fine when he came in for his last couple of games. He was aggressive and did his role and I thought his presence was felt.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I would be putting in Martin. Some people don't like him on here but the only reason he's on the team is to smash and crash during playoffs and he does a good job with it.

Maybe. On the other hand, maybe trying to best the Bruins at their own game isn't the way to go. I don't have a strong opinion here so I'll trust Babcock to make a wise decision here. I just like Leivo so I'm always happy to see him in the lineup.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Normally I'd agree but I don't think they want to get into that type of game with the Bruins.
IMO, best to keep things quiet and try to beat them with speed and skill.
The key is to dictate the game by playing with the lead and staying out of the box.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
I'm starting to feel like the PP needs to be stacked. We've been down by 2-3 goals and Matthews is on the bench for the start of each PP?

Reactions: ThewThew

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Just do it Babs.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Nylander - Kapanen
JVR - Bozak - Brown
Johnsson - Plekanec - Leivo

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
If we lose this game it's due to the lack of effort being put in 2 of the 3 game day threads. If your going to post the thread. Take the time and effort to do a good job... seeing as this is the thread that is supposed to be put on the main board as well.

Take pride in your work or sit down and let the person behind you be heard.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Normally I'd agree but I don't think they want to get into that type of game with the Bruins.
The key is to dictate the game by playing with the lead and staying out of the box.

That's the way I see it too.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If we lose this game it's due to the lack of effort being put in 2 of the 3 game day threads. If your going to post the thread. Take the time and effort to do a good job... seeing as this is the thread that is supposed to be put on the main board as well.

Take pride in your work or sit down and let the person behind you be heard.

Leafs could play the best game ever played and still lose.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Maybe. On the other hand, maybe trying to best the Bruins at their own game isn't the way to go. I don't have a strong opinion here so I'll trust Babcock to make a wise decision here. I just like Leivo so I'm always happy to see him in the lineup.

I don't think sticking Martin on the 4th line is trying to "beat them at their own game". The theory IMO is that Martin would take care of that part of the game so the rest of the guys can play their own game. Maybe he would hurt and frustrate some bruins along the way.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
I have tickets for game 3.

I would happily give them up, for free, if it meant I could personally slap every Leaf fan who wants Martin in the lineup.

If you think a 4th liner capable of giving you 5 minutes of icetime is the answer, then you're asking the wrong question.
Don't think Martin is necessarily the "answer", but having him in there and making a big hit here and there to get the crowd fired up isn't the worst idea.
Game 3 last year, leafs were down 2-0 and the life was sucked out of the ACC until Kadri laid 2 big hits on Orpik and moments later Auston scored.

Reactions: Mugzy97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad