Bruce Graham and Martin Karsums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campino

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
I've seen Bruce Graham play for the past 4 years here in Moncton. 2 years with the Wildcats (QMJHL) and 2 years playing Midget AAA. He is a huge kid (6'6, some websites say 6'7). He's 220 lbs so he's not too lanky looking. He is a very strong and quick skater. Great vision on the ice; he can read the play perfectly. He's on the 2nd line with 2 europeens. Those three have really clicked. Graham is more like their set up man, but he can also be a sniper at the same time. He's on a line with 2004 eligble draftee sniper Martin Karsums and St Louis Blues sniper prospect Konstatin Zakahrov. Both Karsums and Zakharov are in the top 20 for goals scored in the league. Zakharov and Karsums are #1 and 3 in shooting percentage in the league thanks to Grahams passes. Graham has in 36 games 10 goals 18 assists 28 points and 55 pim. Expect great point totals for the second half. He should finsh the season with 70-80 points. He had a little slump this season, he should be over that and being to excel again.
Last year at this time he had the same about of points, but he burnt out cuz of stress and all the travelling and he had to take a break. This year he is more then prepared for a full season. Expect big things in the future from this guy. I see him as a 2nd rounder, but he could become a surprise like brent burns in last years draft and be picked in the late first round.

Now back to Martin Karsums, he is from Latvia, and is playing for the Moncton Wildcats of the QMJHL. He is 6'0, 175lbs. He is a natural sniper with 17 goals in 31 games, including 25 points, is 20th in the league in goals scored. He also has 55 pim. He plays the North American style game, loves to hit and works very hard in the corners. He is a very fast skater and is hard to knock off his feet. Never floats on the ice, his feet are always moving. His wrist shot is harder then most players slap shot, its a junior version of a Joe Sakic wrist shot. Its unbelieveable! Although he was not recognized on the top 20 central scouting list for the QMJHL he is probably is in the top 6 now for the best 2004 eligible player from the Q. I can see him going in the 2nd to 4th round in this years draft.

Any Questions or Comments??????

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
Campino said:
Now back to Martin Karsums, he is from Latvia, and is playing for the Moncton Wildcats of the QMJHL. He is 6'0, 175lbs. He is a natural sniper with 17 goals in 31 games, including 25 points, is 20th in the league in goals scored. He also has 55 pim. He plays the North American style game, loves to hit and works very hard in the corners. He is a very fast skater and is hard to knock off his feet. Never floats on the ice, his feet are always moving. His wrist shot is harder then most players slap shot, its a junior version of a Joe Sakic wrist shot. Its unbelieveable! Although he was not recognized on the top 20 central scouting list for the QMJHL he is probably is in the top 6 now for the best 2004 eligible player from the Q. I can see him going in the 2nd to 4th round in this years draft.

I know he's small, but he hits and he's very fast, but why his he ranked in the 2nd to 4th round, what's his problem. He's looking very interesting! :D

Campino

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Both will be 2nd-3rd rounders.

Karums could drop cause he is a dwarf though. And Graham could rise cause he is huge.

Karsums plays big though, he is 6'0 so he's not that small, he could use some more muscle if he wants to play in the NHL.

Both players play with lots of intensity, which could help both of them in thier rankings.

La-La-Laprise do you understand why Karsums wasn`t even in the QMJHL top 20?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Campino said:
Karsums plays big though, he is 6'0 so he's not that small, he could use some more muscle if he wants to play in the NHL.

Both players play with lots of intensity, which could help both of them in thier rankings.

La-La-Laprise do you understand why Karsums wasn`t even in the QMJHL top 20?
LOL 6'0....are you on drugs?

He is like 5'9.

No clue why he wasnt in top 20 but the lis ti made made i had him in the top 10.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hokay said:
I think he's rated at 5"11. But he's really a great goal scorer, cuz he is the third best rookie after Crosby and Zakharov in goals. So the problem is really is size!

He is listed at 5'10. He looks a bit smaller than Petr Vrana in both height and weight and Vrana is 5'10 180.

Campino

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Hokay said:
I think he's rated at 5"10. But he's really a great goal scorer, cuz he is the third best rookie after Crosby and Zakharov in goals. So the problem is really is size!

its 5'10 or 5'11, im hearing both, I thought I heard 6'0 once. Either way 2 inches doesn't affect how you play. His grittyness and heart more then make up for those 2 inches.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Campino said:
its 5'10 or 5'11, im hearing both, I thought I heard 6'0 once. Either way 2 inches doesn't affect how you play. His grittyness and heart more then make up for those 2 inches.

I agree it doesnt effect how you play, but NHL scouts love size.

Dr_Chimera*

Campino said:

He's 5-9 at best. 5-10 is generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->