Bruce Garrioch

WilderPegasus*

It may have not been called the Team 1200 in those days but CFRA certainly was the Sens radio channel & Dean & Gordie were doing the games & they had pre & post game shows as they do today. Were you around back then?

Oh, now that you've been caught in your lie your story changes. Not surprising at all. If you can't "remember" what station you called why should anyone believe that you can "remember" any of the details correctly?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Oh, now that you've been caught in your lie your story changes. Not surprising at all. If you can't "remember" what station you called why should anyone believe that you can "remember" any of the details correctly?

It's the exact same radio station, all that is different is what they call it today, the name has changed. It was almost twenty yrs ago, is that a big deal to you? Do you live in Ottawa, do you not know this?

WilderPegasus*

It's the exact same radio station, all that is different is what they call it today, the name has changed. It was almost twenty yrs ago, is that a big deal to you? Do you live in Ottawa, do you not know this?

Wow! You keep trying to cover up your lie with more stuff that is wrong.

CFRA is still around. It is at 580 on the dial. It never turned into Team 1200 which is on, and I'm embarrassed that I have to tell you this, 1200 on the dial.

CFRA has never been an all sports station. It has carried sporting events as part of its programming but it was never all sports.

Team 1200 is CFGO which is a station that has had many different formats over the years. It never went to an all sports format until 1998 which is well after the Senators second season.

Just admit to your lies instead of trying to cover it up with more lies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

CFRA is still around. It is at 580 on the dial. It never turned into Team 1200 which is on, and I'm embarrassed that I have to tell you this, 1200 on the dial.

CFRA has never been an all sports station. It has carried sporting events as part of its programming but it was never all sports.

Team 1200 is CFGO which is a station that has had many different formats over the years. It never went to an all sports format until 1998 which is well after the Senators second season.

Calm down.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Holly crap, you got me, I don't remember exactly which radio station is was twenty yrs ago & confused CFRA with CFGO or visa versa & both channels had different formats over the yrs. Let me put it another way whatever radio station was covering the Sens back then, I think it was CFRA. Some of the same guys who were doing Sens games, pre-games & post-games then are some of the same people today, like Garrioch & Dean Brown & Gord Wilson & I called in as people call in today.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Holly crap, you got me, I don't remember exactly which radio station is was twenty yrs ago & confused CFRA with CFGO or visa versa & both channels had different formats over the yrs. Let me put it another way whatever radio station was covering the Sens back then, I think it was CFRA. Some of the same guys who were doing Sens games, pre-games & post-games then are some of the same people today, like Garrioch & Dean Brown & Gord Wilson & I called in as people call in today.

Unbelievable! :sarcasm:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Why do you have to turn this forum into a house of LIES!!!!!?!?!?

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

Aragorn admits to committing perjury, to the chair with ye!

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
That ornery fellow who was antogonizing aragorn just reminded of the long dead Energy 1200. Now I have that jingle back in my head like it was just yesterday.

To give Garrioch a smidge of credit, he did break the Conacher + 4th return on Bishop about 3-4 minutes before TSN confirmed.

Might make a good tagline for him;

The Garrioch: breaking stories 3 minutes before the other guys.

Last edited:

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I like him a lot. He does have very good sources and I like his writing style. Not sure why you guys are calling him arrogant.... it's not true.

I find him entertaining but filter everything he says with other sources (as a check and balance). Love it when he stirs the pot on the pregame shows.

I agree. I love it when he an "hometown" Gordie Wilson get into it. Bruce offers a refreshing informative perspective.

To the moderator: isn't this thread "trolling"? slanderous bashing? nothing to do with Sens IMO...should be deleted.

Sun media in this thread...

BTW Garrioch definitely reads these boards. Don't be surprised if posters on here are his "insiders". I expect an article from him soon about the online chatterboxes who know nothing about hockey.

I can't stand Garrioch's voice on the radio and I hate reading his articles. He always tries to speak with conviction but he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's frustrating to listen to the pregame show and to hear him bumble through every sentence. He also reminds me of an awkward guy at the club who is always on his cell phone but not texting anyone, just playing game so people don't think he's a loser.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Holmes*

OSR 1200 was the first name of the team 1200. I believe they started around the mid 90's.

The games were broadcast on CFRA as well.

I don't remember Garrioch being on the air back then, though I suppose it is possible.

Liam Maguire and Howard Bloom (iirc) were on post game a lot.

In fact as I stroll down memory lane here, I remember that Dean Brown had a show on CFRA called Sports call.

Then when he left, the dandyman's brilliant career began.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
OK, guys.

This is a hockey thread about a hockey writer's contribution to hockey.
Garrioch's weight is not a topic here.

If all anyone can contribute is more fat jokes, or posts that have nothing to do with anything other than Garrioch's weight, the next step is closing the thread.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
OK, guys.

This is a hockey thread about a hockey writer's contribution to hockey.
Garrioch's weight is not a topic here.

If all anyone can contribute is more fat jokes, or posts that have nothing to do with anything other than Garrioch's weight, the next step is closing the thread.

I didn't make any fat jokes and I explained why I thought his weight affected my perception of him as well as other people. We can't examine factors inside a vacuum. Like it or not, everything is connected together.

Once again I made no jokes and explain my position very clearly and sincerely. The comment about playing squash with Phillips and Neil was a legitimate comment. I've had friends run into them at the goodlife Kanata several times. Often times it becomes easier for people to adopt healthier lifestyles and work towards their fitness goals if they feel like they are getting something out of it. Sports is great way to get active and lose weight.

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
OSR 1200 was the first name of the team 1200. I believe they started around the mid 90's.

The games were broadcast on CFRA as well.

I don't remember Garrioch being on the air back then, though I suppose it is possible.

Liam Maguire and Howard Bloom (iirc) were on post game a lot.

In fact as I stroll down memory lane here, I remember that Dean Brown had a show on CFRA called Sports call.

Then when he left, the dandyman's brilliant career began.

The dandyman! There is a blast from the past. If Garrioch is an idiot, he is a mere amature. The Dandyman wore the pointy crown for idiocy that will never be worn again.

Anyway, I think Garrioch'd porcine appearance is held against him too much. I think he is mostly a good source, and more professional than Brennan who writes and acts like a child.

pdog1979

Aug 20, 2007
What I can't believe is that people still don't get that the quote came from some know nothing bozo fan, and is not Brennan saying Karlsson was a garbage pick.

This quote from Brennan is pretty solid, though:

"Karlsson won't play in the NHL for a year or two or three, if he ever does. Real tough to get excited about him now."

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I moved to Ottawa from Wpg five years ago, and I have followed the Sens since coming here while following the Jets since they came back. There is a guy in Wpg named Lawless who puts rumours out there, is vocal about his opinions, etc., and he gets a lot of the same criticisms from Wpg fans as Garrioch does from Ottawa fans.

I sort of wonder if there is a guy like that in every city. I also wonder if it is a matter of a reporter wanting lots of attention and putting out things that are not quite whole-assed yet, or if it simply reflects the fact that no one ever gets every rumour correct, and no one can predict the future of every prospect who floats up the stream. Maybe it is a mix of both.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Garrioch's ample opinions have always been a little too expansive for my tastes, extending beyond what is believable and into a more corpulent realm of gross speculation passed off as hefty rumours.

John Holmes*

Well its not a stretch to question that an undersized D man might have trouble making the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->