Bruce Garrioch

Figaro95*

What's this guys reputation to your fan base? I personally see him as stumbling moron, and a hack of a journalist. Granted these feelings are based on limited articles, and a few tv appearances. Just wanted your thoughts if he's seen as a respected writer for your Sens? Am I way off base with my critical conclusions on that man?

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
What's this guys reputation to your fan base? I personally see him as stumbling moron, and a hack of a journalist. Granted these feelings are based on limited articles, and a few tv appearances. Just wanted your thoughts if he's seen as a respected writer for your Sens? Am I way off base with my critical conclusions on that man?

your personal views reflect our views of him.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
I'm not sure respected is the right word. He tends to ramp things up a degree or two in order to get more traffic during dry season, some people suggests he makes stuff up...I don't imagine that is true. He is a legitimate local inside, as for the rest of the NHL...I have less faith in him.

He isn't Eklund and he most certainly shouldn't be black listed.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Bruce Garrioch has been making up trade rumours for years. At first, he had no contacts and his rumours never panned out. Now he actually has some contacts and occasionally hits on something but he got away with lying for so long that he just can't help himself. Most of his rumours have been pulled directly out of his ass.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If it's Sens-related, and he is not injecting any bias or opinion into it, and it's not printed in his "Sunday Column" (aka: just him throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if any of it sticks), then it can, at least, be treated as a "rumor".

If it goes against any of those three rules though (if it's not Sens-related, or if there is any bias or personal opinion whatsoever , or if it's in the Sunday column), it's probably 100% horse manure.

He's like our own hometown version of Eklund, except far more rude, annoying, boorish, and just generally an awful listening experience, if you ever have the misfortune of catching him on the radio (IMO).

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Bruce Garrioch has been making up trade rumours for years. At first, he had no contacts and his rumours never panned out. Now he actually has some contacts and occasionally hits on something but he got away with lying for so long that he just can't help himself. Most of his rumours have been pulled directly out of his ass.

He gets accused of this yet when I go to read the related article he just seems to be working with theoretical scenarios based off of what he thinks is a possibility. I don't see a problem with that. We do the same stuff here. He just gets paid for it.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Most of his rumours have been pulled directly out of his ass.
I think he admits it too. He brings up trades that he thinks makes sense as opposed to what's happening. I don't mind him even though he acts as a troll at times.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He gets paid by SUNmedia

That means he's got connections but is a complete idiot. Still though, connections means he's got more actual information than most of us, his lack of any kind of sense diminishes what he could accomplish with said information however.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The entire Ottawa Sun sports team are borderline illiterates and full time cement heads. They literally brag about how little they know about hockey and often show how jealous they are of the athletes they write about

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Garrioch is a hack and probably one of the most annoying people in all of Ottawa. I don't suppose there are many people out there that like him.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
How many times can he talk about having the "best Sunday column in the world" ? Ridiculous.

He's a good guy to follow for sens news but I wouldn't consider him much more than that.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
How dare you speak that way about our hometown hero! His writing is elegant and thought provoking. He has a web of insiders giving him the best rumor information and that's why he writes the best Sunday article in the world.

Milan the God*

I believe he does have a couple good sources, but he must report everything he hears because most of the stuff he says never happens.

On top of that he's arrogant. He always gets in cheap jabs at people, especially when they're down already. I've never seen someone blatantly say they write the best columns like he does every Sunday. On top of all that, he uses some crappy iPod to take pictures at Sens practice which gives a terrible quality.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
He is a great personality to have around the team and the city... Sure most of his stuff doesnt end up happening but that doesnt mean they were never discussed... Big difference between that and just straight up lying...

He gets even more flack because he is fat..

I like him... Brings a different dimension on the pre game shows as well

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
LMAO at Hockey Central right now. Bashing him for having a Habs notebook

EDIT: and Maclean asking him what buffet he is going for lunch LOL

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Hockey central guys getting on him because of his Montreal Canadiens note book

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Here is my question: if it's clear that everybody hates Garrioch, why doesn't he get fired?

Because you are reading the opinions of people on a web forum, and:

E1SoNKP.png

HealthyScratches1200

Apr 27, 2006
I like him a lot. He does have very good sources and I like his writing style. Not sure why you guys are calling him arrogant.... it's not true.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Here is my question: if it's clear that everybody hates Garrioch, why doesn't he get fired?

I have this crazy theory:
- He writes shocking articles and makes up rumours to get people talking
- which then drives people to their website or to read his paper
- the company he works for makes money through advertising.

Wow...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I have this crazy theory:
- He writes shocking articles and makes up rumours to get people talking
- which then drives people to their website or to read his paper
- the company he works for makes money through advertising.

Wow...

Wait...who goes to the ottawasun to read garrioch? The only reason i ever read the ottawa sun is because it's free for me to read...and even at that, i do it just for the laughs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->