Management Bruce Cassidy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It's Time for the newbie's to make an impact...go with Stud, Senyshyn, Bjork, and Zboril. Enough f g around.

Would love to have a young Shawn Thorton in the line up.
Yup in a nut shell. Poop or get off the pot.

Cassidy only screwed up in one game. The game where Moore played. That’s was a bad line up. Clifton needed to play. Other than that, he plays guys Sweeney gives him.

Last edited:

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Where I think many people are wrong is that Bergeron and Marchand have to play together all the time. I think this is old school thinking and Marchand has become the teacher sort of speak.

Marchand and Pasta have chemistry and Marchand stirs the drink. Best player in the NHL IMO

Bergeron is the ultimate teacher and would love to see him center Debrusk and Coyle. Line would be tough to handle for anyone.

Bergeron and Marchand still kill penalties and still PP. It's time. Can't win with 1 line.

Marchand krecji Pasta
Debrusk Bergeron Coyle
Kase FA/trade Studnicka
Kuralry Freddie Wags

Fast, tough and size.

Can move Coyle back to center if needed now and then.

All in my humble opinion

Last edited:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Where I think many people are wrong is that Bergeron and Marchand have to play together all the time. I think this is old school thinking and Marchand has become the teacher sort of speak.

Marchand and Pasta have chemistry and Marchand stirs the drink. Best player in the NHL IMO

Bergeron is the ultimate teacher and would love to see him center Debrusk and Coyle. Line would be tough to handle for anyone.

Bergeron and Marchand still kill penalties and still PP. It's time. Can't win with 1 line.

Marchand krecji Pasta
Debrusk Bergeron Coyle
Kase FA/trade Studnicka
Kuralry Freddie Wags

Fast, tough and size.

Can move Coyle back to center if needed now and then.

All in my humble opinion
What?!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Hope Bruce gets canned, thought it was a terrible hire in the first place. He gets out coached regularly in the playoffs and Gallant and Laviolette are still available I believe.

Would have been nice to see a pulse out of Brucey at some point in the post season

Pretty impressive to be able to get to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals getting outcoached regularly in the playoffs.

Cassidy isn't perfect, but I'm also not sure how much is on him. He doesn't have many options aside from the first line in terms of scoring consistency. His team let in the least amount of goals during the regular season.

Playoffs were not a good showing, but out of all years to give a "mulligan", I'd say this is the one.

I've got a lot of questions, but given his track record from the day he was hired with this team, it would be crazy to let go of Bruce right now, Jack Adams or no Jack Adams.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
2020 Coach of the Year

WOOOOOOOOOOW

...and some people wanted him fired.
Just like Sweeney before he won GM of the Year last year.

LOL
Sweeney can go with Cassidy. Bring in Gallant or Laviolette as coach and Warren Rychel or Dean Lombardi as GM

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Sweeney can go with Cassidy. Bring in Gallant or Laviolette as coach and Warren Rychel or Dean Lombardi as GM

Bring in both Gallant and Laviolette so they can beat the crap out of our players from behind on the bench.

the-beatings-will-continue.jpeg

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
bumping this because I think Bruce is doing an awesome job this year. with Chara and Krug leaving it's impressive how he has integrated the kids and kept the special teams effective.

I also really like how he doesn't give up on certain kids after one mistake like Claude sometimes did

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
One thing Bruce does that I really like is his forthrightness in the interviews. He doesn't give it all away, of course, but he gives us a look behind the curtain at some of the thinking and decision-making that goes on and I appreciate it. It makes it more fun as a fan to see the ideas that are governing what we see on the ice.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
One thing Bruce does that I really like is his forthrightness in the interviews. He doesn't give it all away, of course, but he gives us a look behind the curtain at some of the thinking and decision-making that goes on and I appreciate it. It makes it more fun as a fan to see the ideas that are governing what we see on the ice.
he's such an intelligent and articulate guy and never gets too emotional, even when clearly pissed off like last night. he's genuinely decent towards the media too. he's like the anti-Torts

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
i was not impressed with his comments concerning Vaak. it seemed odd to me that he mentioned Vaak got owned last night. pretty harsh comment considering most of the team sucked. guess it's easier to call out a rookie after a bad game then to call out some of the vets who've been bad for multiple games

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
i was not impressed with his comments concerning Vaak. it seemed odd to me that he mentioned Vaak got owned last night. pretty harsh comment considering most of the team sucked. guess it's easier to call out a rookie after a bad game then to call out some of the vets who've been bad for multiple games
he also said they aren't down on him for it and he's going right back into the lineup. tough love.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
There's suspicion, and maybe it's just by me, that Vaakanainen might suffer from a bit of a big head.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
One thing I have never been able to stand from Butch- his passivity towards the officials. Just once I want to see him go full milk crate on those idiots instead of standing there like a tree. And I don't mean after the game either, I mean right there & then when there is a shitty call or a shitty non-call.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

Yeh there was plenty of blame to go around. I like the kid, but he was exposed. Pageau walked right through him in the 2nd, and he took the wrong guy on Eberle's goal in the 3rd. There were other times too. He'll learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->