Management Bruce Cassidy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
my problem with Cassidy is he is too even keeled and passive. show some fire out there, the team would feed off it

behind the bench, and infront of the media he is no emotion and mundane. that has translated to the team's play. they are passive and dont get fired up when someone pushes them around. that is not Bruins hockey nor is it winning hockey.

they have the same mentality as the 2011 Canucks or the smurf Habs teams of the early 00s

I have to say that is probably the biggest thing that irks me about Cassidy. I don't want him to be John Tortorella 2.0 but man there are times when he should go nuclear, whether during a game or a post game press conference.

Reactions: sarge88

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Cassidy is a smart coach who knows his team very well. I think bruins need to just take a deep breath and
make some minor adjustments

Reactions: StrBender

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Hope Bruce gets canned, thought it was a terrible hire in the first place. He gets out coached regularly in the playoffs and Gallant and Laviolette are still available I believe.

Would have been nice to see a pulse out of Brucey at some point in the post season

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Hope Bruce gets canned, thought it was a terrible hire in the first place. He gets out coached regularly in the playoffs and Gallant and Laviolette are still available I believe.

Would have been nice to see a pulse out of Brucey at some point in the post season
If you need your coach screaming at everyone, your team isn't very good to begin with

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If you need your coach screaming at everyone, your team isn't very good to begin with
Saying something negative about the officials would have been nice, Berube and Cooper played Cassidy in both of those series by whining about reffing while Bruce smiled like a clueless living meme

Reactions: Dreghorn2

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If you have to say you need players to learn how to finish better, it means you don't have enough. Because talent doesn't need to know how to finish, it simply does.
When its put in the right situations and position to do so and with the right supports to get the talent the puck in those spots.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I'm not on board with putting this on Cassidy. This whole thing was coming off the rails before it began.

1) I felt that players returning from Europe were late to get back to Boston. Management were not in a position to oblige players to do anything. That's where the team leaders Chara/Bergy etc. should have been in contact with the likes of Pasta and Kase urging them to get their dumb asses back to Boston.

2) To add insult to injury now these two brainiacs decide it's a good idea to go practice wherever, no social distancing, no consideration what so ever.

3) Then the Tuukka thing. Tuukka wasn't committed at any point and his leaving didn't help matters. Obviously he had other concerns that seem justified but at the end of the day going into the PO's with out your starter leaves you behind the eight ball.

4) For those saying he was out coached . It's pretty easy to get out coached when the opposing coach has the better/deeper team. Officiating was a joke and while it probably wasn't the reason they lost it sure didn't help matters.

5) Sweeny is the guy who should be answering question not Cassidy.

6) Covid threw a wrench into everything and basically reshuffled the cards, the Bruins got a bad hand.

7) Lastly this team is built for the regular season not the PO's.

I was very enthusiastic about the return to play but I started to get a bad feeling almost from the start. To many things went wrong from the get go.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm not on board with putting this on Cassidy. This whole thing was coming off the rails before it began.

1) I felt that players returning from Europe were late to get back to Boston. Management were not in a position to oblige players to do anything. That's where the team leaders Chara/Bergy etc. should have been in contact with the likes of Pasta and Kase urging them to get their dumb asses back to Boston.

2) To add insult to injury now these two brainiacs decide it's a good idea to go practice wherever, no social distancing, no consideration what so ever.

3) Then the Tuukka thing. Tuukka wasn't committed at any point and his leaving didn't help matters. Obviously he had other concerns that seem justified but at the end of the day going into the PO's with out your starter leaves you behind the eight ball.

4) For those saying he was out coached . It's pretty easy to get out coached when the opposing coach has the better/deeper team. Officiating was a joke and while it probably wasn't the reason they lost it sure didn't help matters.

5) Sweeny is the guy who should be answering question not Cassidy.

6) Covid threw a wrench into everything and basically reshuffled the cards, the Bruins got a bad hand.

7) Lastly this team is built for the regular season not the PO's.

I was very enthusiastic about the return to play but I started to get a bad feeling almost from the start. To many things went wrong from the get go.

Exactly. And if we're being honest with ourselves, they got eliminated by Tampa 2 out of the last 3 years. And last year during their run to the finals, who exactly did they have to beat to get there? Washington? Nope. Tampa? Nope. f***ing Carolina and Columbus, FFS. Their toughest match up was the Leafs in the first round, and the Leafs are guaranteed to choke against Boston like the Bruins do with either Tampa or Washington. So out of the last 3 seasons, they've been simply knocked out by a better, faster, more skilled, and deeper team. That's not on Cassidy but on Sweeney to fix the holes on the roster in order to make them a tougher match up for Tampa or Washington.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

No idea why people have a love affair with Gerard Gallant.

Besides the 1 year he took Vegas to a Final, he's done absolutely nothing as a head coach. Yet we think he'd be a good fit here because he'll throw a chair in the locker room and yell at the officials more?

:huh:

Reactions: Dr Hook

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

Bruce is just coaching the roster that he had. Bruce didn't make the bad trades (Hayes, Ritchie, Rinaldo) and bad free agent signings (Backes, Beleskey, Moore) that have prevented that money from going to players who are actually productive. Bruce also didn't screw up easy picks in a generational draft (DeBrusk and Senyshyn in favor of Barzal and Connor), and he isn't the one who has refused to learn the lesson from that draft and continue to draft 200 foot players with "jam" but little offensive skill in favor of offensive skill. And last but not least, Bruce isn't the one who failed to fill a hole on the 2nd line for the third straight year. If anyone needs to go, it's Don "GM of the year" Sweeney. Heck, send Cam Neely and his jumbo home-cooked meatballs packing, too.

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have to say that is probably the biggest thing that irks me about Cassidy. I don't want him to be John Tortorella 2.0 but man there are times when he should go nuclear, whether during a game or a post game press conference.
I think he just defers a bit to much to the Holy Core

He 100% should have Marchand anf Pastrnak on separate lines 80% of the time

maddening watching them 5X5

A shift is 40 seconds you are Tampa against that line all you got to do is minimum chip puck out to center ice and time and energy ticks away from big line

how could he not have split up

for an elite creative guy like Krejci yo not have a top winger is CRAZY

seriously they have TWO OF THE TOP WINGERS in the league and they don’t let either play with their most creative center

INCREDIBLE

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think he just defers a bit to much to the Holy Core

He 100% should have Marchand anf Pastrnak on separate lines 80% of the time

maddening watching them 5X5

A shift is 40 seconds you are Tampa against that line all you got to do is minimum chip puck out to center ice and time and energy ticks away from big line

how could he not have split up

for an elite creative guy like Krejci yo not have a top winger is CRAZY

seriously they have TWO OF THE TOP WINGERS in the league and they don’t let either play with their most creative center

INCREDIBLE

Yes this irks me too. However that line 63-37-88 is his binky and he simply will not break it up. At this point it is what it is.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
No idea why people have a love affair with Gerard Gallant.

Besides the 1 year he took Vegas to a Final, he's done absolutely nothing as a head coach. Yet we think he'd be a good fit here because he'll throw a chair in the locker room and yell at the officials more?

:huh:
I like his style of play more

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Bruce is just coaching the roster that he had. Bruce didn't make the bad trades (Hayes, Ritchie, Rinaldo) and bad free agent signings (Backes, Beleskey, Moore) that have prevented that money from going to players who are actually productive. Bruce also didn't screw up easy picks in a generational draft (DeBrusk and Senyshyn in favor of Barzal and Connor), and he isn't the one who has refused to learn the lesson from that draft and continue to draft 200 foot players with "jam" but little offensive skill in favor of offensive skill. And last but not least, Bruce isn't the one who failed to fill a hole on the 2nd line for the third straight year. If anyone needs to go, it's Don "GM of the year" Sweeney. Heck, send Cam Neely and his jumbo home-cooked meatballs packing, too.
I have no problem with all three going. I just think Cassidy is the most likely.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d like to see Cassidy deducted a thousand dollars from his contract every time he puts the Perfection Line out as a unit and Krejci follows next shift with DeBrusk and whoever on the right side

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I like Bruce. I think he's an excellent coach. His players like and respect him. His schemes are top notch and nobody scores more goals off set plays than the Bruins.

That said, I hate that when he decides it's time to mix up the lines, he always goes back to combinations that don't work. DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak has never worked. So when Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta struggle he makes it worse by going to combos that always fail. Why not switch Bergeron and Coyle? Coyle was a beast and he would have given opposing teams something different to contend with when going against 63-88, someone with size and power down low and in front.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I like Bruce. I think he's an excellent coach. His players like and respect him. His schemes are top notch and nobody scores more goals off set plays than the Bruins.

That said, I hate that when he decides it's time to mix up the lines, he always goes back to combinations that don't work. DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak has never worked. So when Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta struggle he makes it worse by going to combos that always fail. Why not switch Bergeron and Coyle? Coyle was a beast and he would have given opposing teams something different to contend with when going against 63-88, someone with size and power down low and in front.

This and he doesn't seem patient enough when he does make changes. He often seems to decide within 5-10 minutes that a line shuffle isn't working and goes back what definitely wasn't.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->