The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
True or false

Cassidy didnt trust/believe in Donato?

Donato already has 9 pts in 9 games and plus 6

Prior to this 33 games and 9 points and minus 4

Why the difference?

It could be a combination of things... Donato was unhappy about going to Providence. He wasn't playing well enough here. He played 34 games, and averaged around 12:30 a game. It's not like he didn't get a chance to show what he could do. He also got some PP time here as well. He went to Providence, played well, and was recalled but once again didn't do enough to show he belonged to stay. He was sent back down and then traded.

Donato is now in a fresh new environment with a new team. It really isn't uncommon for a new player with a new team to go on a tear. We watched Ryan Spooner do the same thing last season with the Rangers. (No this isn't me comparing them...Just giving an example of a new player with a new team).

What is the point of "true or false" here?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Love what Cassidy has done with this team however anyone else worried he's taxing some key players before the playoffs and perhaps not leveraging/on ice training some other players?

Marchand = 23 minutes
Nords, Cehlarik, Fred = less than 8 minutes

I get performance counts however so does building confidence and maintaining a healthy club. To me this game was a learning opportunity. The Jackets were playing hard for a playoff spot, not sure why the top line was expected to do the same.

The other concern is the 4th line - fantastic hustle/energy however I want to seem save some of that for the playoffs....

My only beef with Cassidy.

Not sure I understand Nords playing under 8 minutes - the dude plays fast, hard, and one of the best PK players on the team. Not going to score many goals but creates havoc on the ice with his puck pursuit.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Love what Cassidy has done with this team however anyone else worried he's taxing some key players before the playoffs and perhaps not leveraging/on ice training some other players?

Marchand = 23 minutes
Nords, Cehlarik, Fred = less than 8 minutes

I get performance counts however so does building confidence and maintaining a healthy club. To me this game was a learning opportunity. The Jackets were playing hard for a playoff spot, not sure why the top line was expected to do the same.

The other concern is the 4th line - fantastic hustle/energy however I want to seem save some of that for the playoffs....

My only beef with Cassidy.

Not sure I understand Nords playing under 8 minutes - the dude plays fast, hard, and one of the best PK players on the team. Not going to score many goals but creates havoc on the ice with his puck pursuit.

None of those players deserved the ice time. Frederic has been awful his time up. Shouldn’t have gotten another chance so quickly. Cehlarikhas also been playing poorly.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
TIME FOR Cassidy to go, folks, he's been in the organization way too long, and has no clock management.... if you have a coach's challenge available, USE IT, otherwise get rid or replay completely

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
TIME FOR Cassidy to go, folks, he's been in the organization way too long, and has no clock management.... if you have a coach's challenge available, USE IT, otherwise get rid or replay completely

W T F ???

Second in the NHL in points with a roster that has been short at least one key player most of the season. Wow.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
W T F ???

Second in the NHL in points with a roster that has been short at least one key player most of the season. Wow.
sorry, Washington he lasted how long, less than 3, anywhere Cassidy's been he's been gone within 3 years, how he got entrusted in Providence for 5, is an aberration....it starts with the coach, maybe he should sit in the penalty box the next time he sends 6 or more players on to the ice

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This post consists of everything a quality "CHRDANHUTCH" post should consist of:

Random capitalization
Terrible point
Improper use of punctuation

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This post consists of everything a quality "CHRDANHUTCH" post should consist of:

Random capitalization
Terrible point
Improper use of punctuation
it's Fact, why have a challenge if you don't use it, Cassidy needs to be in the penalty box when he put 6 men on the ice, why is that so difficult to comprehend, folks, it's hockey 101, why should coaches be exempt if the players are held accountable on the ice...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
it's Fact, why have a challenge if you don't use it, Cassidy needs to be in the penalty box when he put 6 men on the ice, why is that so difficult to comprehend, folks, it's hockey 101, why should coaches be exempt if the players are held accountable on the ice...

You KNOW you can only CHALLENGE certain plays and I know the PLAY you're whining,,,, about and I SWEAR THEY,,,,,,,,,,,,, made ,it a penalty if you challenge an OFFSIDES and get it WRONG,,,, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
You KNOW you can only CHALLENGE certain plays and I know the PLAY you're whining,,,, about and I SWEAR THEY,,,,,,,,,,,,, made ,it a penalty if you challenge an OFFSIDES and get it WRONG,,,, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
so, USE THE Challenge, otherwise get rid of it, Cassidy did neither and it's like Washington all over again,

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
and Cassidy cannot coach his way out of a junior league team, much less pro Cassidy is starting to become Dave Lewis Part 2

Dave Lewis Part 2? Good lord...... I've read some pretty awful takes today (not even 12 PM yet) but this one takes the cake, and may take the cake for the remainder of the season. Good job! Go give us updates on the Maine Red Lobsters in the basketball thread, please. Your hockey takes are on "out to lunch" levels of embarrassment.

Reactions: Chief Nine

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Dave Lewis Part 2? Good lord...... I've read some pretty awful takes today (not even 12 PM yet) but this one takes the cake, and may take the cake for the remainder of the season. Good job! Go give us updates on the Maine Red Lobsters in the basketball thread, please. Your hockey takes are on "out to lunch" levels of embarrassment.
IT'S FACT

MAYBE YOU NEED to quit acting like a know it all, then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->