Boston Bruins Bruce Cassidy has been signed to a multi-year contract extension

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Congrats Bruce!

BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, September 11, that the team has signed Head Coach Bruce Cassidy to a multi-year contract extension.

Cassidy owns a 117-52-22 record in 191 career games with Boston, good for the fourth-best winning percentage (.670) in team history. He required the second-fewest games among Bruins head coaches to record his first 100 wins with the franchise (166 games), trailing only Tom Johnson (138 games). Since taking the helm, Cassidy has led the Bruins to 256 points, second-most in the NHL over that span to Tampa Bay (283 points).

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Oh boy... yes well deserved, aren't we lucky to have 2 great coaches in a row...

They are, absolutely. I can still give Claude the credit he deserves for the job he did here while disliking his approach the game though. If given a choice, I always prefer up tempo, offensively aggressive play over strong defensive play, but that's just my preference.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
They are, absolutely. I can still give Claude the credit he deserves for the job he did here while disliking his approach the game though. If given a choice, I always prefer up tempo, offensively aggressive play over strong defensive play, but that's just my preference.
Totally agree with you here.
" The guy before him" comes out as dismissive. Although Julien style of coaching is not everyone's cup of tea, he still deserves some respect for his achievements in the Bruins organization.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

sure but Claudes teams had some high powerhouse offensive #'s too. the 08-09 team was an offensive machine

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Yeah, they're stylistically incomparable and both deeply flawed in certain ways, but I think you don't get as far as the NHL without being an alpha male and sticking to what you know/believe.

Love this, love how Cassidy treats his players.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Totally agree with you here.
" The guy before him" comes out as dismissive. Although Julien style of coaching is not everyone's cup of tea, he still deserves some respect for his achievements in the Bruins organization.

I guess it does seem dismissive, which wasn't the intention. I didn't mention Claude by name because I didn't want to incite the Claude-ites into breaking my balls over it when the focus is and should be on Cassidy getting a well deserved extension.

But as you can see, that was bound to happen anyways... :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
well earned, had my concerns prior to him jumping on as a NHL coach again but he clearly learned from his mistakes from many years ago, showed loyalty to the B`s in Providence and seems to be a much better communicator now compared to his first stint

Reactions: RustyBruins72

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The Bruins coach with the most wins in Bruins history.
Also the only one still active that won the last stanley cup in 47 years... yeah that's the one.
Also missed the playoffs his last 2 years,lost in the first round twice and the second round 3 times,won 10 playoff series in 10 years while boring me to tears.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
With Cassidy at the helm, I can finally empathize with those who shat all over Julien's tenure in Boston.

I find myself at constant odds with Cassidy's personnel decisions and find much of his rigidity to be of detriment to the quality of on-ice play.

But the results belie my opinions. I recognize that Cassidy has done a hell of a job in Boston even if I'll never honestly admit it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->