Boston Bruins Bruce Cassidy, Don Sweeney Bruins End Of Season Press Conference

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I hurt for Bruce Cassidy more than anyone. He didn't have an illustrious career as a player, it took seemingly an eternity to get a second chance as an NHL coach, and he got as close as one can get without finishing the job.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, the look on his face in these is very revealing.

That's one of the many things I admire about Claude. His face would look like that even if they won. ;)

Reactions: maxl7

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I hurt for Bruce Cassidy more than anyone. He didn't have an illustrious career as a player, it took seemingly an eternity to get a second chance as an NHL coach, and he got as close as one can get without finishing the job.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, the look on his face in these is very revealing.

That's one of the many things I admire about Claude. His face would look like that even if they won. ;)
Yea he looks like there is unfinished business here. Go Bruins.!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Despite their playoff success, Bruins have offseason moves to make - The Boston Globe

Their depth kept them near the top of the Eastern Conference through myriad injuries to front-of-the-line players. Their versatility helped them defeat hard-driving Toronto, hard-edged Columbus, and hard-working Carolina. St. Louis was 60 minutes better, but the only construction zone on Causeway Street this summer will involve the rink, not the roster.

“If we don’t make any changes,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said Monday during an end-of-year press conference at TD Garden, “we’re bringing back a damn good hockey club.”

In the same breath, Sweeney noted that the idea of him standing pat is “very, very unlikely.” The Bruins had enough to get to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, but reaching that stage is unlikely in 2019-20 without addressing several areas.

“We played four different teams throughout the playoffs, and we matched up pretty well against all of them,” Sweeney said. “Did we score enough five-on-five? Heck no. Everyone would say that throughout our lineup.”

Reactions: lopey

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Not a fan of Cassidy saying he didn’t think Heinens success was sustainable on the top line so he didn’t go back to it. Maybe let it not work first?
I liked Cassidy answer in the subject, and agree with him.
They need a sniper like Pastrnak, Heinen is too much of the same on the first line.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
So don't go back to something that worked really well because it might not work?
I edited my post, I think it's too much of the same, they need a sniper, someone that can finish.
Won't mind it on occasion to mix things up.
Love Heinen he has a more complete game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Despite their playoff success, Bruins have offseason moves to make - The Boston Globe

Their depth kept them near the top of the Eastern Conference through myriad injuries to front-of-the-line players. Their versatility helped them defeat hard-driving Toronto, hard-edged Columbus, and hard-working Carolina. St. Louis was 60 minutes better, but the only construction zone on Causeway Street this summer will involve the rink, not the roster.

“If we don’t make any changes,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said Monday during an end-of-year press conference at TD Garden, “we’re bringing back a damn good hockey club.”

In the same breath, Sweeney noted that the idea of him standing pat is “very, very unlikely.” The Bruins had enough to get to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, but reaching that stage is unlikely in 2019-20 without addressing several areas.

“We played four different teams throughout the playoffs, and we matched up pretty well against all of them,” Sweeney said. “Did we score enough five-on-five? Heck no. Everyone would say that throughout our lineup.”
In Sweeney I trust, he knows as well as all of us here that the window with this core is closer to the end than the beginning (not that it`s over now) and he`s going to make a deal that will be relatively big this summer is MO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad