OT: Bruce Arians Appreciation Thread

Who gets fired after the Cardinals season ends?

• Total voters

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If Arians stays they'll change some coordinators.

Of course if he retires they'll probably do that too :dunce:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Arians only has 1 year remaining. Management is cheap so they'll let him go one more season before firing him. Btw, the fall of the Cardinals culminated with doing the behind the scenes video...nothing has been good since they did that.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Neither, Arians will be back if he wants to but retirement wouldn't shock me. Keim's got at least one more year I'd bet.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Arians. Coaches don't stay long with the Redbirds. I think the Bidwills will see that Bruce's time with the Cards are done and the little mini-dynasty has all but evaporated. Time to a new course.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Arians. Coaches don't stay long with the Redbirds. I think the Bidwills will see that Bruce's time with the Cards are done and the little mini-dynasty has all but evaporated. Time to a new course.

I kinda feel bad, because I work with a couple of younger guys who are friends with the founders of State Forty Eight sportswear, who're gonna get stuck with all this unsold 'BA' inventory...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Injuries and poor GM work sank this season, IMO. While I don't like 1) the lack of a solid O line and 2) wholesale personnel changes on the defense, I can't blame him for the loss of Palmer, Johnson, and the losses along the O line.

A team usually goes nowhere when they lose their QB for the season. That's a recurring theme across the league, year after year. They could have recovered from just the loss of Johnson, but without both starters this season was a lost cause.

Special teams issues, to me, centered around Dawson's poor play for most of the season and lack of good personnel on the special teams. This I relate to Keim and who he signed.

The defense suffered due to the free agency loss of all those guys in the secondary. The replacements were not nearly as good with man coverage, forcing Belcher to play far more zone coverage than in previous years. Unfortunately, the front 7 were designed to play in front of a man coverage defense, so there were major issues due to mental mistakes for at least half the year.

I don't want to see anyone scapegoated and fired. I want Keim to do a better job. I want Keim to trade up, if at all possible, to get one of the 2 top QB prospects, as the pool isn't very deep this year and next year is too late. I would support him trading two firsts and a second, and a third for one of those guys, a true franchise quarterback.

I want much better free agent signings to bolster the special teams. I want one good press-cover cornerback.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

Thank you for getting the Cardinals back to the NFC title game and I believe the team would have had a Super Bowl win with you too if Palmer didn't get hurt the season before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->