Proposal: Brown for Nick Ritchie

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Connor Brown for Nick Ritchie.

Popped into my head. Curious about thoughts.

I think this deal was already proposed recently? Any way I'd rather see how Ritchie looks this year before moving him. Also at full strength the Ducks are already plenty deep on RW, just a matter of getting some guys back.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If the leafs are trading brown next summer for cap reasons (I think they will), they'll just dump him for picks instead of non elc players.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Connor Brown for Nick Ritchie.

Popped into my head. Curious about thoughts.
I think it popped into your head because it was on the mainboard last week.
As per the last thread, Leafs say no. I highly doubt they'd trade a young defensive forward who already scored 20 for a guy who may or may not make the NHL in a meaningful role.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
As per the last thread, Leafs say no. I highly doubt they'd trade a young defensive forward who already scored 20 for a guy who may or may not make the NHL in a meaningful role.

Lol you couldn't have painted a more positive picture of Brown and negative of Ritchie.

Ritchie is already an NHL player, so that was an odd thing to say.

Reactions: McDonald19

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
I think this was already discussed.

Ritchie has the potential to be the better player but Brown has more utility for the Leafs right now as a penalty killing depth winger. I don't think either team would be interested in this trade.

Reactions: The Assclown

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I think this was already discussed.

Ritchie has the potential to be the better player but Brown has more utility for the Leafs right now as a penalty killing depth winger. I don't think either team would be interested in this trade.

I’d say that right now, Brown is a better fit for the Leafs’ needs.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Leafs do it. They might even add a 2nd or 3rd.

Ritchie and Brown are pretty similar production-wise, with Ritchie looking a bit better in the advanced stat portion, and bringing a tool kit the Leafs need. Players of his type also develop a bit slower, so there’s more potential there.

Brown is a bit of a fan/Babcock favourite for his work ethic, but I think he’s replaceable enough that it’s worth the risk of Ritchie not panning out. I could see Ritchie being planted in front of the net on PP2.

The big drawback for the Leafs here is the holdout situation. We’re already dealing with one, and Brown is signed to a team-friendly deal... what is Ritchie looking for?

Last edited:

phoenix52

Feb 19, 2016
I actually don't visit or post very often so I didn't see it before.

I see guys like Johnsson, Kapanen and Brown in a similar vein which is why I'd be okay with moving on from him and bringing in more of the power forward. I think he'd bring a different dynamic.

I'd be curious about the holdout as well though, but who knows what the salary ask is.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Connor Brown can score 20g if used in a third line scoring role or play strong defensive hockey when played on a checking line. He PK's very well.

The Leafs aren't trading him for Ritchie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->