Brown asks NFLPA to file grievance on his behalf against Patriots

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
After taking aim at Patriots' Robert Kraft, Antonio Brown plans $10M grievance that promises to be ugly
With nearly all of Brown’s $15M contract expected to be withheld, a source told Yahoo Sports the WR will ask the NFLPA to file a grievance on his behalf.

Article details specific boilerplate contract language that may be at core of grievance. (Hard to cut/paste on phone)

He's been paid for two games (one he played in). Only about $717k in guaranteed monies not paid.

Allegations against player for rape, sexual threats, etc. Nasty business no matter how you look at it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
AB's advisors should have given him a flip phone.

He said 'I'm done with the NFL' - the reality is the other way around.

He is so toxic now I don't think the XFL will touch him.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Regardless, does he deserve it? The guy is one of the dumbest people in the history of sports. There is something missing inside his brain. No sympath from me.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
AB's advisors should have given him a flip phone.

He said 'I'm done with the NFL' - the reality is the other way around.

He is so toxic now I don't think the XFL will touch him.

They already said they won't go near him.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It was the tweets Brown made threatening one of the accusers is why he was let go.

He tweeted (later deleted ) trashing Pittsburgh QB for what happened in 2010. Pitts QB was accused of sexual assault of a person but no charges ever happened. I don't think in Ben's case anything actually happened. Brown also tweeted (also deleted) trashing Patriots owner Robert Kraft over that issue he was involved in Florida several months ago which ended up being a bunch of nothing. Investigators/prosecutors screwed up on that one.

All Brown had to do is keep his mouth shut and he would have never been let go. Honestly He needs serious mental help.

I can't say rather Brown has a case or not for grievance with out seeing the contract he signed.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
NFLPA is always going to file a grievance when supposed guaranteed money is taken away. Part of that is, even if it is for legitimate reasons (which may apply in Brown's case), they don't want the burden to seem easier and easier.
It was the tweets Brown made threatening one of the accusers is why he was let go.

He tweeted (later deleted ) trashing Pittsburgh QB for what happened in 2010. Pitts QB was accused of sexual assault of a person but no charges ever happened. I don't think in Ben's case anything actually happened. Brown also tweeted (also deleted) trashing Patriots owner Robert Kraft over that issue he was involved in Florida several months ago which ended up being a bunch of nothing. Investigators/prosecutors screwed up on that one.

All Brown had to do is keep his mouth shut and he would have never been let go. Honestly He needs serious mental help.

I can't say rather Brown has a case or not for grievance with out seeing the contract he signed.
The text messages appearing to threaten them is ridiculous. As for Roethlisberger, the claims against him had about as much validity as the ones against AB. Neither were criminal cases, and Roethlisberger also settled out of court in a civil case (not that, that makes him guilty). The allegations against AB at this time, are allegations. You may believe them due to his insanity, but there is nothing that differentiates them from Roethlisberger. Neither of them will ever see a criminal trial.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
NFLPA is always going to file a grievance when supposed guaranteed money is taken away. Part of that is, even if it is for legitimate reasons (which may apply in Brown's case), they don't want the burden to seem easier and easier.

The text messages appearing to threaten them is ridiculous. As for Roethlisberger, the claims against him had about as much validity as the ones against AB. Neither were criminal cases, and Roethlisberger also settled out of court in a civil case (not that, that makes him guilty). The allegations against AB at this time, are allegations. You may believe them due to his insanity, but there is nothing that differentiates them from Roethlisberger. Neither of them will ever see a criminal trial.

And Brown wasn't let go cause of those allegations. He was let go cause of the threats he made to one of them via text. If he like any person dealing with such issue would keep quiet and let his legal team deal with it. He would still be on the patriots roster.

We'll see what happens in Browns case. But he did himself no favors.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Here in Boston, the comparison is being made to Curt Schilling who was told by ESPN to lighten up on social media and could not.

I am normally against sports unions but in this case i somewhat feel bad for the NFLPA who would have to file grievance against the NFL in regards to the money.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am normally against sports unions but in this case i somewhat feel bad for the NFLPA who would have to file grievance against the NFL in regards to the money.

Look - The man had LIFETIME security in place if he just kept quiet. :banghead:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
From my limited reading of the NFL CBA I suspect Brown has a pretty strong case.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the two sides settle with Brown getting something like half of the $9m guarantee.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Source: Antonio Brown hasn’t interviewed with NFL investigators, leaving league’s probe open ‘indefinitely’
Brown’s free-agent status limits the leverage the NFL has to force cooperation with investigators. But the NFL can keep its probe open until he cooperates.

Not cooperative WRT allegations by former trainer. Meshes right in there with grievance (kinda hard to resolve the stuff behind the reason for cut). Also would impact him perhaps being put on commissioner list ( not a good thing).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad