Confirmed with Link: Brouwer waived for buyout (edit: cleared)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
giphy.gif

I'm not a fan of this decision. I think it would've been more responsible to wait one more season.

Reactions: Walk with Elias

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
They have 7.5M in cap space now. Hanifin is presumably about to get a long term deal in the ~5M range.

They also need to save cap space for Tkachuk potential bonuses (~850K) while also leaving some margin for short term injury recalls.

This lets them field a full 23 man roster while accomplishing all of the above. It was absolutely necessary.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
They have 7.5M in cap space now. Hanifin is presumably about to get a long term deal in the ~5M range.

They also need to save cap space for Tkachuk potential bonuses (~850K) while also leaving some margin for short term injury recalls.

This lets them field a full 23 man roster while accomplishing all of the above. It was absolutely necessary.

Or as I said elsewhere, it's possible Treliving wants the flexibility if Smith gets hurt to have room to bring in a more expensive stopgap if Gilles/Rittich falter again too.

Plus opens up a roster spot which is nice.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I don't know if acquiring an expensive backup was the plan but yeah, it gives them flexibility to do a lot of things they otherwise might not have been able to do.

And now there's an actual chance for a Foo/Mangiapane/Dube/Klimchuk to make the team.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Good. Didn't work out. He was terrible.
RW depth was too deep now. Brouwer was the 5/6th best RW option on the team, so... he had to go.

@Walk with Elias
Dying to hear your take on this buddy.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Thought it was 50/50 he gets bought out this summer. Treliving is a shark and knows that having him on our fourth line isn't worth it.

All the best to Brouwer. Might have been terrible here but he seemed like a nice dude and got a lot of shit he didn't deserve. Hope he finds success somewhere else.

In the grand scheme of things, we've already been carrying a dead caphit of 900k. What's another 600k?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Good. Didn't work out. He was terrible.
RW depth was too deep now. Brouwer was the 5/6th best RW option on the team, so... he had to go.

@Walk with Elias
Dying to hear your take on this buddy.
What's there to say? He didn't earn his pay, which I've never claimed he did. You need to step up your troll game.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Didn't really expect this, but hopefully Brouwer finds another team. Great guy. Just didn't work out with his underwhelming play/fit.
Good to get cap space and room on the roster.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What's there to say? He didn't earn his pay, which I've never claimed he did. You need to step up your troll game.

Not a troll game. You vehemently defended him during his tenure; like you were the Last Brouwer Defender.
I sincerely wanted to know what your thoughts were. Also, isn't calling someone a troll, against... some policy or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad