Confirmed with Link: Brossoit Re-Signed 1yr $1.225m

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Mark Stuart, Ondrej Pavelec, Bryan Little, Blake Wheeler, and Connor Hellebuyck say hello.

:laugh: I think you misinterpreted that statement. It meant that Chevy doesn't over-commit this time, not that he doesn't ever or doesn't usually.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I was thinking of this exact reply plus he was trying to re-sign Andrew Ladd. Fortunately, Andrew's wife saved Chevy from himself on that one. :phew:
That signing would have crippled the team, even though most fans here wanted him back because they were emotionally invested in the fact he was the captain.

I thought it was about money. What did Ladd's wife have to do with it...did she just want out of Winnipeg?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
That signing would have crippled the team, even though most fans here wanted him back because they were emotionally invested in the fact he was the captain.

I thought it was about money. What did Ladd's wife have to do with it...did she just want out of Winnipeg?

So I heard.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was thinking of this exact reply plus he was trying to re-sign Andrew Ladd. Fortunately, Andrew's wife saved Chevy from himself on that one. :phew:
The worst thing that would have happened if Ladd re-signed was Buff would have been let go . Ladd signed long term and losing Buff at the same time , bullet dodged big time . :phew:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Mark Stuart, Ondrej Pavelec, Bryan Little, Blake Wheeler, and Connor Hellebuyck say hello.
Why would they say hello they are all different situations. Pavs was a mistake by a rookie GM. Stuart was a bad signing as well. Little and Wheeler are adequately paid for current roles. The question is do they remain worth their contracts as they age. At the same time if the team wants to develop some loyalty with top players they need to show some as well. Helly is a young NHL starter and without him we would be going into another year with huge questions marks in net. Chevy has in turn also made some very team friendly deals. He is mostly on the top tier side of GMs. Not sure we can ask for more.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

In my opinion the Ladd "no signing" was one of the best the Jet's have done. The new Ladd contract will go down as one of the worst signings over the last decade in the NHL. He did nothing last season.

I hope Chevy learned from that one -- just because he was the Captain means nothing. Don't get romanced by fan sentiment, of the fact your dealing with the team Captain.

I was "very against" signing Ladd -- I think he's finished.

Note-- I doubt Ladd's contract had anything to do with his wife -- more about money and term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad