Proposal: Brooks Orpik

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Why hasn't this man been dealt yet? His contract is massive but it's not untradable. Taylor hall got traded, Subban got traded, Datsyuk contract was traded, Clarkson got traded. I would take anything we could get for him, and I was hoping we'd take the money we'd save on his contract and sign a guy like dan hamhuis(signed to Dallas for 2.75 AAV).

This year might be our last real push. GMBM should be doing everything possible in trying to have the best shot at it. I believe Orpik needs to be upgraded upon in order for us to win.

First of all, two of those don't even relate to orpik. Taylor hall and subban should not even be in this discussion. Second of all clarkson is last I checked on the ltir and datsyuk contract is nothing but paper since they don't actually pay him. Clarkson got traded for another guy who is on the ltir. Third Hamhuis was not gonna sign with the caps as he publically said he was not signing on the east coast.

BackVechkin

Dec 19, 2014
First of all, two of those don't even relate to orpik. Taylor hall and subban should not even be in this discussion. Second of all clarkson is last I checked on the ltir and datsyuk contract is nothing but paper since they don't actually pay him. Clarkson got traded for another guy who is on the ltir. Third Hamhuis was not gonna sign with the caps as he publically said he was not signing on the east coast.

lol just delete this, idk why i even made this. thank you

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Third Hamhuis was not gonna sign with the caps as he publically said he was not signing on the east coast.

No, he didn't. There are conflicting reports about who he'd be willing to waive his NTC to go to at the deadline, but nothing stating he wouldn't sign on the east coast in free agency. In fact, he stated that "geography is not an issue" in the most recent 30 thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->