Brooks Orpik retiring

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Oh... who cares... likes he’s the first guy to get pissed at a co-worker for not performing and calling it out.

Additionally, let’s see some links for the devastating comments Brooks Orpik made about teammates? Not trying to be a dick, I’m genuinely interested to see what went down.

I don't care if people call out their teammates, but the rule is you keep it in house and away from the media.

Oh and here's a link where he was doing the same stuff in the media while with Wash

Brooks Orpik calls out teammates after fourth-straight loss: We need to make hockey our first priority

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
I don't care if people call out their teammates, but the rule is you keep it in house and away from the media.

Oh and here's a link where he was doing the same stuff in the media while with Wash

Brooks Orpik calls out teammates after fourth-straight loss: We need to make hockey our first priority

“I think we’re all guilty of how lately we are spending too much time in the box. Give good powerplays good opportunities and they’re going to make you pay, especially this time of year. It’s kind of the same old story.”

Omg, I wonder if any Capitals players asked for a trade after being dealt that abuse publicly. This wasn’t even with the Pens... when you decided to start hating him. I’ve asked repeatedly for links or some kind of substance to the accusations being thrown around, calling out your team about penalties is not it - players call out their team every night somewhere in the NHL.

The way some of you are describing Orpik - it’s as if he specifically went to Rob Rossi, told him to turn the mic on and said “Sidney Crosby is single handedly responsible for losing the game tonight, he was awful and he needs to pick it up”.

I for one, can’t believe the only two teams he’s ever played for ended up winning a cup in his time there. Just thinking about the amount of turmoil he caused with teammates, those organizations were lucky to escape with a championship - while Orpik was going all Benedict Arnold and undermining the team with his lack of accountability, calling out players, unwillingness to fight and becoming a neo nazi.

And how he was always out of position trying to make hits... along with every other Dman who made a living off of playing the body. This is how I know a few of you weren’t even tuned in circa 2001 - 2011. Every one was abandoning the play to take runs - it happened every night, in every arena with an NHL game being played. Sure it came back to bite some players in any given game, but these guys were still getting paid to head hunt. Blame the culture, blame the good ol’ Boys, but gtfo here with the “he was selfish because he took runs” lol!

Honestly, did this guy do something personal to a few of you? The reaching, for anything, to harp on the guy is getting desperate. Denied an autograph? A date?

None of you have anything to substantiate the crap you’re a spewing. Once again, you go off hear say and drama created by some media members who have a bone to pick with a player, for whatever reason. Then you get people claiming they heard it from a “reliable source”. I heard it first hand! Rinse, wash, repeat. It’s a joke.

I’ll respond to this discussion when someone posts something credible supporting the non-sense claims they are making. Really though, it’s not so much about Orpik as it is - a few of you perpetuating and enabling the shit show that gets cast on every single player who falls out of favor. As I said in my original post - it’s never “it’s not working” “he isn’t good anymore” “it’s time to cut ties”... it’s always layered with some kind of drama birthed by certain media members and their mindless followers.

Anyway, feel free to go back to your unfounded circle jerk.

Toodles!!!

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There were years worth of games where Orpik would miss his assignment because he wanted to go hit a guy really hard for no reason and then in the media would act like a leader and talk about responsibility.

He also never took a legit penalty ever in his own eyes, which was more funny than anything given that his positional awareness mostly blew. Also, he acted like the Penguins were in some kind of hyper pressure cooker which makes him look pretty weak. In 2014 when he left he talked about how even when the team would win games, they were criticized, which is nonsense and how the reason they always choked was the pressure, which might have had a truth to it, but we know there were huge problems with how those teams were built- him being a top pairing guy being right up there.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
“I think we’re all guilty of how lately we are spending too much time in the box. Give good powerplays good opportunities and they’re going to make you pay, especially this time of year. It’s kind of the same old story.”

Omg, I wonder if any Capitals players asked for a trade after being dealt that abuse publicly. This wasn’t even with the Pens... when you decided to start hating him. I’ve asked repeatedly for links or some kind of substance to the accusations being thrown around, calling out your team about penalties is not it - players call out their team every night somewhere in the NHL.

The way some of you are describing Orpik - it’s as if he specifically went to Rob Rossi, told him to turn the mic on and said “Sidney Crosby is single handedly responsible for losing the game tonight, he was awful and he needs to pick it up”.

I for one, can’t believe the only two teams he’s ever played for ended up winning a cup in his time there. Just thinking about the amount of turmoil he caused with teammates, those organizations were lucky to escape with a championship - while Orpik was going all Benedict Arnold and undermining the team with his lack of accountability, calling out players, unwillingness to fight and becoming a neo nazi.

And how he was always out of position trying to make hits... along with every other Dman who made a living off of playing the body. This is how I know a few of you weren’t even tuned in circa 2001 - 2011. Every one was abandoning the play to take runs - it happened every night, in every arena with an NHL game being played. Sure it came back to bite some players in any given game, but these guys were still getting paid to head hunt. Blame the culture, blame the good ol’ Boys, but gtfo here with the “he was selfish because he took runs” lol!

Honestly, did this guy do something personal to a few of you? The reaching, for anything, to harp on the guy is getting desperate.

None of you have anything to substantiate the crap you’re a spewing. Once again, you go off hear say and drama created by some media members who have a bone to pick with a player, for whatever reason. Then you get the curtain jerkers claiming they heard it from a “reliable source”. I heard it first hand! Rinse, wash, repeat. It’s a joke.

I’ll respond to this discussion when someone posts something credible supporting the non-sense claims they are making.

Until then, feel free to go back to your mindless, unfounded circle jerk.

Toodles!!!

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

Honestly, did this guy do something personal to a few of you? The reaching, for anything, to harp on the guy is getting desperate. Denied an autograph? A date?

None of you have anything to substantiate the crap you’re a spewing. Once again, you go off hear say and drama created by some media members who have a bone to pick with a player, for whatever reason. Then you get people claiming they heard it from a “reliable source”. I heard it first hand! Rinse, wash, repeat. It’s a joke.

I’ll respond to this discussion when someone posts something credible supporting the non-sense claims they are making. Really though, it’s not so much about Orpik as it is - a few of you perpetuating and enabling the **** show that gets cast on every single player who falls out of favor. As I said in my original post - it’s never “it’s not working” “he isn’t good anymore” “it’s time to cut ties”... it’s always layered with some kind of drama birthed by certain media members and their mindless followers.

Toodles!!!

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
There were years worth of games where Orpik would miss his assignment because he wanted to go hit a guy really hard for no reason and then in the media would act like a leader and talk about responsibility.

He also never took a legit penalty ever in his own eyes, which was more funny than anything given that his positional awareness mostly blew. Also, he acted like the Penguins were in some kind of hyper pressure cooker which makes him look pretty weak. In 2014 when he left he talked about how even when the team would win games, they were criticized, which is nonsense and how the reason they always choked was the pressure, which might have had a truth to it, but we know there were huge problems with how those teams were built- him being a top pairing guy being right up there.

I'm not one to particularly care about referees, but his treatment of them really bugged me. He would blatantly trip somebody and then go berserk when the hand went up. I can't believe he didn't get more unsportmanlikes than he did.

And then, of course, he would whine to the media about how his teammates needed to stop whining at the referees.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

I’ll respond to this discussion when someone posts something credible supporting the non-sense claims they are making. Really though, it’s not so much about Orpik as it is - a few of you perpetuating and enabling the **** show that gets cast on every single player who falls out of favor. As I said in my original post - it’s never “it’s not working” “he isn’t good anymore” “it’s time to cut ties”... it’s always layered with some kind of drama birthed by certain media members and their mindless followers.

Toodles!!!

Attachments

• 48904BF3-2DE3-439F-B287-B90DC8604AA5.jpeg
    48904BF3-2DE3-439F-B287-B90DC8604AA5.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad