Brooks Oprik

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Brooks Orpik

What do you guys think of this guy?, will he be a solid 2nd - 4th defenseman? whay do you think is point production will be like in the future?

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
offensive production will be very limited. maybe during his career year he could net 20 points, but offense is not what he brings to the table. he'll be solid in his own end, a great crease clearer, and a nasty hitter.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
#2 said:
What do you guys think of this guy?, will he be a solid 2nd - 4th defenseman? whay do you think is point production will be like in the future?

I hope you're dislexic because "Oprik" is a very unfortunate misspelling of the guy's name.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Quite funny, I was reading an article profiling Orpik and other draftees before the draft at bluejackets.com last night (I googled something about scouting services and it looked interesting), and it had the following to say about Orpik:
Talent Analysis: Orpik is one of many blue-chip prospects to hail from Boston College...has bulked up in the weight room to 224 pounds from his listed 203 freshman frame...has strong offensive skills and is effective in moving the puck up the ice from the blue line...his speed, size and on-ice awareness make him dangerous in power play situations.
Link
Not one mention of his defensive prowess, which I thought was a bit weird. :dunno:

I like Orpik, he's quite similar to Exelby, except Exelby probably has even less offensive potential than Orpik does :joker:

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Gonchar was supposed to be a steady defensive defenseman when he was drafted in 1992. Funny how that can happen.

I hope Orpik pans out. I love players that can play that style in NHL. They're rare.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
JohnGalt said:
I hope Orpik pans out. I love players that can play that style in NHL. They're rare.
he definitely seems like he will. he continued to get better as the year went on, and im sure that will be a trend the next few years.

as for offense, his production will be limited, but he is a pretty good passer and can move the puck decent enough.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
It was great watching Orpik develop last season. Early on he made rookie mistakes. It was expected of him though. What most of us didn't expect was for him to correct those rookie mistakes so quickly. He seemed to learn extremely fast. He was probably the Pens' best defensive defenseman by the end of the season. He played the body well and was sound positionally. His offense is similar to Foote's...nobody expects him to lead a PP, but on a good team he will get a decent amount of points. I say Orpik will be a good #2 guy in the NHL within a few years. The game he plays will make him a fan favorite. Just my opinion.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Orpik has some underrated offensive abilities. I find it hard to believe that someone with his passing and skating ability won't put up at least some points in the NHL.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Any question regarding Orpiks potential should be seen here. 1 member was very right about this. Orpiks offensive numbers will rely on the Pens. If the Pens turn into a offensive force he should be able to get 20 pts easily. Look at Adam Foote.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I absoultely love the game that Orpik plays. If he can avoid the injury problems that most hard-hitters get, he'll be one of the top ten defensive defesemen in the league for years to come.

I think his offense will be limited, but his overall value will out-weigh his limited production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->