Brooklyn Street Hockey program

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
hey guys I know we are all diehard Ranger fans here but wanted to share an awesome experience from yesterday. So a little background, I was a street hockey coach for the past 6 weeks working hand in hand with the Barclays center to promote the game if hockey in the tri-state area.

I was very fortunate to have worked closely with the Barclays/fish sticks street hockey program for the past 6 weeks and to end the season with a bang, we rounded up all the kids and had them do drills to show to the parents and the Barclays center CEO and other important powerful people attended.

I was one of the instructors and used an adult lefty stick, and guess who happens to stop by and actually used and signed my stick afterwards? Stanley Cup champ Nick Leddy from Minnesota. Awesome, humble dude,He was a stand up guy signing every kids autograph and went around our stations to talk with the kids and was even interviewed for the Islanders website. I gave him a compliment on how he has progressed as a defenseman and he's a perfect fit with Johnny B (in his own words). That's about as far as I went since I'm a Blueshirt kinda guy but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he is friends with Step and Mactruck since they're all from Minny.

Anyway, long story short, I came across a pair of Isles tickets for December 15th against the Panthers in Section 206. If you guys know any people who are new to the game and want to experience it firsthand or maybe Long Island transplants who follow the Islanders, you may PM me for more info. Thanks, and apologies in advance if this is way out of left field...I barely know anyone in Brooklyn who I can share the news with!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad