TV: Brooklyn Nine Nine

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Earlier this week I got Hulu and one of the series I was yes to visit was Brooklyn Nine Nine. It’s done by Mike Schur and I love Parks and Rec and The Office. Well I just finished season 1 last night (and watched the season 2 premiere and this show is funny as hell. I wish I had gotten into it sooner. I already love all the characters (with Amy, Charles, and Diaz being my top 3) and after a season this cast continues Schurs streak of getting a full cast to have awesome chemistry. Can’t really say I have a favorite episode even though the Thanksgiving, the one about the medical examiner, and the one where Adam Sandler had a cameo were awesome.

Any other fans of this show? Looking forward to diving into season 2.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
is it just me, or has this season been light on Amy and Jake moments? There have been episodes where they never share a scene. Just find it interesting that a show that was built sort of around them have had so little interaction between the two this season

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Earlier this week I got Hulu and one of the series I was yes to visit was Brooklyn Nine Nine. It’s done by Mike Schur and I love Parks and Rec and The Office. Well I just finished season 1 last night (and watched the season 2 premiere and this show is funny as hell. I wish I had gotten into it sooner. I already love all the characters (with Amy, Charles, and Diaz being my top 3) and after a season this cast continues Schurs streak of getting a full cast to have awesome chemistry. Can’t really say I have a favorite episode even though the Thanksgiving, the one about the medical examiner, and the one where Adam Sandler had a cameo were awesome.

Any other fans of this show? Looking forward to diving into season 2.
Is it available on Netflix?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
is it just me, or has this season been light on Amy and Jake moments? There have been episodes where they never share a scene. Just find it interesting that a show that was built sort of around them have had so little interaction between the two this season

It's the saving grace of the show.

Shows like the Office (Jim and Pam) and Friends (Ross and Rachel) started to focus on them to the detriment of everyone else and it took a downturn in quality IMO.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
There is very much talking, too much for my taste, but it has very good mix of crazy characters and crazy situations. On the 1 to 10 Alkometer rankings it will show 8.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm in the third season now and just watched Year Three of the Halloween Heist story. This one was a little predictable, but how it got there was fun as the others. I think I still like Season 2's better, considering what Holt pulled off was kind of genius. I remember growing up my favorite show with Halloween and Christmas Specials was Home Improvement (Who could forget the whole LEON gag), but Brooklyn 99 is starting to get up there in terms of the Halloween show. They really are fun.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
did a full rewatch and saw the 2 newest seasons for the first time

i love the first 3 seasons, boyle and holt are two of the best characters from any sitcom through them. even in those good seasons, the cold opens were pretty terrible and unfunny.

last 2 seasons are AWFUL. every character is so badly flanderized. the punchline to every cold open is someone screaming and it cutting to the theme mid scream. amy becomes just f***ing horrible, character destroyed worse than kevin in the office.

but to be fair, the best episode (the box) of the entire series is in season 5.

either way first 3 seasons are amazing outside most cold opens

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I watched the first two seasons of this show and quite enjoyed it, but not enough to keep going. My biggest issue is that Peralta is the worst character, and he's also the main character. Everyone else is great, but I could never get into Samberg as the lead.

Terry Crews and Andre Braugher, however, are awesome.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I watched the first two seasons of this show and quite enjoyed it, but not enough to keep going. My biggest issue is that Peralta is the worst character, and he's also the main character. Everyone else is great, but I could never get into Samberg as the lead.

Terry Crews and Andre Braugher, however, are awesome.

i like samberg in everything but jake peralta is a really unfunny character

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->