Brooklyn Nets hire Steve Nash as Coach (4 yr deal)

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
White privilege according to SAS...
It never occurred to him that maybe KD is behind this hire
He and Nash have an excellent relationship since their GSW days

Also, Jackson created a toxic environment when he was coaching

Nash is a good people person, in fact he’s the one who fixed the Amare/Marion drama in Phoenix, doing d’Antoni’s job

SAS is not a reporter nor an analyst, he is a race baiting sensationalist

Reactions: Tuggy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This was pretty shocking when I saw it this morning. I'd like to think it'll work because of everything we know about Nash as a player but no one really knows. It sounds like Durant had a hand in making this happen.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
It never occurred to him that maybe KD is behind this hire
He and Nash have an excellent relationship since their GSW days

Also, Jackson created a toxic environment when he was coaching

Nash is a good people person, in fact he’s the one who fixed the Amare/Marion drama in Phoenix, doing d’Antoni’s job

SAS is not a reporter nor an analyst, he is a race baiting sensationalist

Agreed. I'm all about BLM, but I don't believe this hiring had anything to do with race or white privilege. Durant and Kyrie definitely had a huge influence in this hiring, just like they persuaded the Nets to sign Deandre Jordan and just like they influenced the firing of Kenny Atkinson. If they wanted a black coach, I'm sure the Nets would have jumped whatever hoops they needed to hire one.

Reactions: Power Man

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
this will either be a success or turn out like the last time they hired a HOF PG as their HC

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
ndUJPtPuDRuk2JqcLI51jDKWlk4YeBkAzRUXEUnP8a7E3nWn7bk-IOhjw0ZNcVIpGvCSK7tyfFAbpScGQT5Pn_ILX03Bqqk1JKceFUnpYupD_yoV0tGTjwIz9q7tA6-B

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
While the hiring came completely out of left field, is this crap going to be thrown out every time a white person gets hired now? It's already tiresome.
You have black assistant coaches working their tails off trying to be HC somewhere and this happens?

There is something to it.

But then again my man Richard Jefferson makes a good point.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
You have black assistant coaches working their tails off trying to be HC somewhere and this happens?

There is something to it.

Is it really white privilege? Or is people in general working their tales off only to be bypassed for someone with less (or no) experience? The latter happens all the time and it's a legitimate annoyance. I just don't necessarily equate it to white privilege.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Is it really white privilege? Or is people in general working their tales off only to be bypassed for someone with less (or no) experience? The latter happens all the time and it's a legitimate annoyance. I just don't necessarily equate it to white privilege.
Yea, see Richard jefferson tweet.

I still think its something worth discussing regarding NBA coaching hiring though.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Some basketball media is screaming why Mark Jackson is not getting another look for a head coaching job...I think this maybe one of many reasons.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It is not white priviledge (in this case), it is "former superstar priviledge". Happens in every sport, no matter the race. Steve Nash just happens to be white.

SAS is a piece of garbage. I probably am one of the most liberal/anti-racist people on this website, but his rant about this hire being about race is just playing the current social climate to bring attention to himself. Disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
White privilege according to SAS...

So what about when Magic Johnson was given the Lakers HC job despite 0 coaching experience?

Or when Rivers got the Magic job with 0 coaching experience?

Lue also had 100% of his success coaching the greatest player of this generation, so lets not act like hes some genius. & we all know he and Bron were basically co-coaches. I have read he had a good rep as a assistant coach but he really hasn't been in the coaching ranks that long.

this will either be a success or turn out like the last time they hired a HOF PG as their HC

Kidd did OK with a team that was built solely to win a title in year one. A ridiculously flawed team. But him throwing the whole attempted coup thing was something else...

While Kerr was PHX GM, he had no experience coaching so it really can go either way.

Nash and KD have history in Golden State, so that won’t be an issue.

Kyrie on the other hand..

Apparently Kyrie has a lot of respect for him and Nash also dealt with similar headaches during his playing career so who knows. Nash surely talked to Kyrie about everything, otherwise I don't see him taking the job.

Some basketball media is screaming why Mark Jackson is not getting another look for a head coaching job...I think this maybe one of many reasons.

Does not look great when your replacement wins a title in year 1 and then completes the greatest regular season ever in year 2.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Does not look great when your replacement wins a title in year 1 and then completes the greatest regular season ever in year 2.

Yeah no kidding, also read this:

The part about Jerry West is probably the undisputed reason he’s blackballed. Jerry West is NBA royalty, word gets around GM and owners that if you can’t make that work...you are trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad