Brooklyn/Belmont Arena Discussion 2018-19 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
If you were to read through the entirety of my posts you would see that I get that and accept the reasoning, you would also see that my posts primarily refer to next season and beyond and let's face it, if shovels aren't in the ground for Belmont by the start of next season they never will be and the Isles probably won't be long for the Island.

I mean I'm agreeing with you that the camera excuse is one of the weaker ones. I'm sure it's a factor, but not a show-stopper.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You're free to believe to what you want. Just please don't become another "one-trick pony" poster and just harp on the same crap over and over again every day, ok?
And where do you get that notion? I made one post about it. I kept getting responses that either misinterpreted what I had written or flat out ignored what I had written.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Since when did this become the dick measuring thread?
That thread is on the Leafs board.

71FowFLWlzL._SY355_.jpg

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
And where do you get that notion? I made one post about it. I kept getting responses that either misinterpreted what I had written or flat out ignored what I had written.

Maybe you've gotten a bunch of responses that were misinterpreting what you said because you weren't as clear as you thought you were?

Also, to clarify my stance since you seem confused about whether or not I believe the NHL. I'm in no way saying the NHL isn't lying to us. I have no way of knowing if they're lying to us because I don't know enough about the topic, so it'd be silly for me to say they are definitely lying or not. What I do know is that the NHL, NBC, and/or the Islanders seem reluctant to spend anymore money on the Coliseum with a new arena around the corner. We also know that when the Coliseum was renovated, it was intentionally sabotaged so that the Islanders would be forced to play at the Barclays Center. Lastly, we know that the revenue generated from the suites at the Barclays Center makes up quite a bit of revenue from low attendance, and that the Islanders have an attendance issue in either arena as demonstrated by the home games the past few weeks.

I'll be attending Islanders games whenever and wherever they are played, because I'm and Islanders fan and not a fan of an arena. You do whatever makes you happy though.

Reactions: periferal

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Maybe you've gotten a bunch of responses that were misinterpreting what you said because you weren't as clear as you thought you were?

Also, to clarify my stance since you seem confused about whether or not I believe the NHL. I'm in no way saying the NHL isn't lying to us. I have no way of knowing if they're lying to us because I don't know enough about the topic, so it'd be silly for me to say they are definitely lying or not. What I do know is that the NHL, NBC, and/or the Islanders seem reluctant to spend anymore money on the Coliseum with a new arena around the corner. We also know that when the Coliseum was renovated, it was intentionally sabotaged so that the Islanders would be forced to play at the Barclays Center. Lastly, we know that the revenue generated from the suites at the Barclays Center makes up quite a bit of revenue from low attendance, and that the Islanders have an attendance issue in either arena as demonstrated by the home games the past few weeks.

I'll be attending Islanders games whenever and wherever they are played, because I'm and Islanders fan and not a fan of an arena. You do whatever makes you happy though.
Does being a fan mean you just accept whatever ownership and the league throw at you? I grew up on LI and have been an Isles fan since day one but there does come a point at which you have to say enough is enough, and it doesn't mean you're no longer a fan, but if you don't draw a line, behavior never changes. You have to vote with your feet and your wallet. Ownership, the league and government rely on fans being the sheep that they are and no ownership, league or government has relied on it more and abused its fans more through the years than the ones Isles fans have had to endure.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Does being a fan mean you just accept whatever ownership and the league throw at you? I grew up on LI and have been an Isles fan since day one but there does come a point at which you have to say enough is enough, and it doesn't mean you're no longer a fan, but if you don't draw a line, behavior never changes. You have to vote with your feet and your wallet. Ownership, the league and government rely on fans being the sheep that they are and no ownership, league or government has relied on it more and abused its fans more through the years than the ones Isles fans have had to endure.

I didn't say you or anyone else weren't a fan, simply that I'm a fan of the team and I don't care where they play right now given the current circumstances. I'll deal with the Barclays Center or the ice rink in Dix Hills if I had to, knowing an arena was coming in a few seasons.

You want to boycott your team playing at the Barclays Center after this season because you don't believe the NHL/NBC/Isles about the reasons why they can't play at the Coliseum full time, despite the fact that you've admitted to not knowing enough about the topic to determine accurately whether or not we are being lied to. I don't care if you ever set foot in an NHL arena again, do whatever makes you happy.

As for boycotting or enough being enough, I designed t-shirts to express the dissatisfaction I had with the team last season, I submitted a billboard design to be used to help get rid of Snow. I'm fine with protesting, boycotting, whatever you want to call it when it makes sense to me. I don't boycott or protest things that I don't understand.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I didn't say you or anyone else weren't a fan, simply that I'm a fan of the team and I don't care where they play right now given the current circumstances. I'll deal with the Barclays Center or the ice rink in Dix Hills if I had to, knowing an arena was coming in a few seasons.

You want to boycott your team playing at the Barclays Center after this season because you don't believe the NHL/NBC/Isles about the reasons why they can't play at the Coliseum full time, despite the fact that you've admitted to not knowing enough about the topic to determine accurately whether or not we are being lied to. I don't care if you ever set foot in an NHL arena again, do whatever makes you happy.

As for boycotting or enough being enough, I designed t-shirts to express the dissatisfaction I had with the team last season, I submitted a billboard design to be used to help get rid of Snow. I'm fine with protesting, boycotting, whatever you want to call it when it makes sense to me. I don't boycott or protest things that I don't understand.

What's to understand, you're an Isles fan? Finally on the camera thing, which you seem to be fixated on, it's an opinion I hold based on about the same amount of expertise that alot of posters here make lineup suggestions. You don't seem to have a problem with that. I watch them build an entire rink in the middle of a football stadium and place cameras there that seem to meet their standards so I am hard pressed to believe they can't do so in an existing rink that already has a lot of camera positions. That's all. I could be dead wrong but I think it's a lame excuse. But it is not the basis upon which I will no longer attend regular season games at Barclays.

Last edited:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Same place you got the notion that I don't question what the NHL says, I guess.

And I did say "please don't become", which implies that you are not that. Yet.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What's to understand, you're an Isles fan? Finally on the camera thing, which you seem to be fixated on, it's an opinion I hold based on about the same amount of expertise that alot of posters here make lineup suggestions. You don't seem to have a problem with that. I watch them build an entire rink in the middle of a football stadium and place cameras there that seem to meet their standards so I am hard pressed to believe they can't do so in an existing rink that already has a lot of camera positions. That's all. I could be dead wrong but I think it's a lame excuse. But it is not the basis upon which I will no longer attend regular season games at Barclays.

The camera thing is directly related to where the team plays, that's why it's being discussed.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
It implied that I was heading in that direction, which was a ridiculous take.

Fine, it was a ridiculous take. Let's see how many times the subject comes up going forward.

And by the way, if you remember before you went off on a tangent, I agreed with you that all games should be played at the Coliseum going forward until Belmont is ready. But I'm also not going to die on that hill if it doesn't happen. This team isn't good very often. I'll be seeing them try to win the Cup wherever they're playing.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I'm so glad that this thread going to **** has nothing to do with any of my posts.

I don't think there's anything anyone can say here that would bring it back to the "positive brooklyn thread" and "negative brooklyn thread" lows.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The camera thing is directly related to where the team plays, that's why it's being discussed.
Geez man, what does it take? My opinion - based only on common sense, watching what is happening in the world in terms of the amazing places we find very hi-def imagery being captured and a belief that the league will make any spurious claim to bolster their position - is that their argument is garbage and an excuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: YearlyLottery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad