Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Can I buy electronic tickets and have Barclays scan them on my phone when I enter the arena (similar to Citi Field)? I know that this wasn't an option last year but was hoping they might've gotten this fixed for the new season (I've just had hard tickets this year).

Lord at War

Mar 27, 2017
L.I. Sound Shore
Can I buy electronic tickets and have Barclays scan them on my phone when I enter the arena (similar to Citi Field)? I know that this wasn't an option last year but was hoping they might've gotten this fixed for the new season (I've just had hard tickets this year).

Affirmative, Barclays processes mobile phone tix this season.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Here is my suggestion:

Section 228 row 1

This is a great value place to sit. It is marked as obstructed but it is not obstructed. Because of the unique configuration of barlcays it provides a premium vista. You are close to the ice at just the right level above the glass.

Would 229 row 1 also be good? It seems like there are a lot of row 1 tickets available in these sections. I thought it might be because the railing may be a bit high and blocking the view. . I realize I could lean over the railing, but then the people behind me are blocked.

I can get an aisle seat in 229 - that's why I'm asking.

Thanks

Lord at War

Mar 27, 2017
L.I. Sound Shore
Would 229 row 1 also be good? It seems like there are a lot of row 1 tickets available in these sections. I thought it might be because the railing may be a bit high and blocking the view. . I realize I could lean over the railing, but then the people behind me are blocked.

I can get an aisle seat in 229 - that's why I'm asking.

Thanks

There is some obstruction in section 229 but is cery mild. Try to slide to the right.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
I went back and forth with Barclays guest services yesterday via e-mail but I want to just be super sure of this.

My girlfriend is spending the day in the city tomorrow and I am meeting her to go to the game at night. She will have a small backpack that seems to be bigger than what is allowed. She will also have a sorta large camera.

I want to make sure that she can check that bag at Barclays. The e-mail said that Guest services near section 12 is where she can check it ( but that the camera was allowed for hockey games).

Can anyone confirm this for me?

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
I went back and forth with Barclays guest services yesterday via e-mail but I want to just be super sure of this.

My girlfriend is spending the day in the city tomorrow and I am meeting her to go to the game at night. She will have a small backpack that seems to be bigger than what is allowed. She will also have a sorta large camera.

I want to make sure that she can check that bag at Barclays. The e-mail said that Guest services near section 12 is where she can check it ( but that the camera was allowed for hockey games).

Can anyone confirm this for me?
There's a bag check by the ticket office.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Does anyone have details on the toy drive? How many toys, and how many tickets is each voucher good for?

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Taking my 9 and 12 year old girls to their first islander game on Wednesday. We fly into LGA and land 4:45. Staying at the EVEN hotel in brooklyn. Thoughts on a place for a quick, kid friendly place to grab a bite before the game? Walkable to stadium from EVEN? Post game friendly activity? Staying in Chelsea Thursday and Friday so if anyone has a good recommendations for kid friendly restaurants in the city, i'll take that too. Thanks

isles309

Nov 1, 2008
Taking my 9 and 12 year old girls to their first islander game on Wednesday. We fly into LGA and land 4:45. Staying at the EVEN hotel in brooklyn. Thoughts on a place for a quick, kid friendly place to grab a bite before the game? Walkable to stadium from EVEN? Post game friendly activity? Staying in Chelsea Thursday and Friday so if anyone has a good recommendations for kid friendly restaurants in the city, i'll take that too. Thanks

I recommend Patsys Pizza. Pizza is awesome and it’s right across the street from the arena. I believe it’s 450 Dean Street. It’s thin crust pizza. You order by the pie. I would get there a little early because it gets crowded. Service is good too.

Last edited:

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
My wife and kids loved Amorina Cucina on vanderbilt (like 3 blocks from arena). My kids also love the ice cream place, ample hills creamery on the same block.

CoyoteUgly

Feb 11, 2004
I'm going to in Newark for work on Tuesday Jan 2nd. Assuming I leave at 5, would I make it to the game in time at 7? What would be my best way to get there. Thanks

kapgoals

Jan 15, 2009
Is there a better entrance to the arena than the "Main" entrance where Atlantic and Flatbush meet? Every time I've used that entrance for concerts, it takes 20+ min to get into the arena. Is it like that for Islanders games / is it better to use a different entrance?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Far less people go to hockey games than they do concerts, so there's no way it will take you 20 minutes to get in via the main entrance. It has NEVER taken me that long to get in and I've been going on a regular basis for 3 seasons.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
I'm a Dean Street guy myself. You can pretty much walk right in. Ideal entrance for those who want to get in "one more drink" before having to pay stadium price.

Colonel X

The Kentucky Colonel
Nov 16, 2013
Louisville
Blackhawks fan coming to visit in late March with a couple questions.

First time in Brooklyn for one, been to Chicago and LaLa land a few times, so big cities aren't a big deal, but just want to be sure of a couple things.

1. Is the Subway the best way to get to the game from Midtown or a cab/Lyft/Uber better?
2. How are visitors treated? I've worn the Indian head sweater in a lot of arenas and never really had much issue at all, but as a visiting baseball fan, I've been soundly harassed in some places on occasion.
3. I'm perusing the thread, but what's the best place to eat pre-game?

Look forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
1. Subway, no doubt about it.
2. There will probably be more Hawks fans than Isles fans there.
3. Patsy’s Pizza across the street from the arena. It’s no Gino’s East but it’s very good for thin crust.

Reactions: Colonel X

srednalsi

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
Hey all, taking the family to the game tomorrow vs Columbus. Living in CT we don't make it to too many games. My 9yr old is a huge fan of JT and Barzal. Is there any way to get an autograph or pic with the players either before or after the game? Is there an entrance/exit that the players use? Thanks.

Reactions: C24

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Staying in Manhattan and it's my first Isles game tonight. We were planning on heading over to Brooklyn early to explore a bit but with the weather being so bad we don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->