Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
dont drive to barcleys. well I hate traffic I always do the train. then you would have to park. you can park free in ronkonkoma and it will be in the area of 19 dollars round trip. you can drink on the train to save a beer purchase.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
How's Smorgasburg? Anyone been?

I went to the one in Prospect Park years ago -- and it was good -- not outstanding.. Smaller than I thought it would be. I think there is a second location, but not sure how that stacks up.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I went to the one in Prospect Park years ago -- and it was good -- not outstanding.. Smaller than I thought it would be. I think there is a second location, but not sure how that stacks up.

Went there today, it was fun and like you said, smaller than I thought. Other one is supposed to be bigger and better but I still had a blast. Beautiful day and great food!

Local290

Jun 28, 2016
dont drive to barcleys. well I hate traffic I always do the train. then you would have to park. you can park free in ronkonkoma and it will be in the area of 19 dollars round trip. you can drink on the train to save a beer purchase.

I found it 100x better driving. Park for free on the street.

Yea, traffic on way there but you fly home. Drove to a playoff game, my buddy took the train. We beat him back home to Bethpage by an hour.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Hi guys, I'm from the UK and obviously an Isles fan, and I'm looking to visit in February time for 10 days.

We'll be looking to do the usual tourist stuff along with a clear intention of getting to an Islanders game or two (and dare I say it, a Rags game perhaps for the experience).

A lot of the hotels that have come up on my search are fifth avenue and Times Square. I have no geography of NYC except for knowing that the Barclays Center is over towards Brooklyn.

How easy is it to get to the Barclays Center from the main tourist areas? I've read a lot of negative comments from Isles fans about getting to games.

Any advice or suggestions as to best areas to stay would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Hi guys, I'm from the UK and obviously an Isles fan, and I'm looking to visit in February time for 10 days.

We'll be looking to do the usual tourist stuff along with a clear intention of getting to an Islanders game or two (and dare I say it, a Rags game perhaps for the experience).

A lot of the hotels that have come up on my search are fifth avenue and Times Square. I have no geography of NYC except for knowing that the Barclays Center is over towards Brooklyn.

How easy is it to get to the Barclays Center from the main tourist areas? I've read a lot of negative comments from Isles fans about getting to games.

Thanks

Matt

It's very easy from Manhattan. If you're at Times Square, you can get to Barclays with the 2 or 3 train. If you're on 5th Ave, you could walk over to 6th and take the B or D, or depending on exactly whwre on 5th you are you could walk over to Broadway and take the N, Q, or R.

Reactions: Matt UK

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Thanks

Matt

Most of the negative comments are from fans coming from Long Island. If you're in Manhattan, especially in/around Times Square, it's super easy. 20-25 minutes.

However, I'd avoid staying in or near Times Square. The biggest, most overcrowded tourist trap in the city. You certainly should go see it as a tourist but to stay in that area for 10 days would drive me nuts.

http://www.nycinsiderguide.com/manhattan-neighborhood-map

I'd consider Clinton, Hell's Kitchen, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, West Village, Greenwich Village, East Village, Noho and Soho. Obviously it depends what you're looking for but these areas will have the most going on. West of Central Park and east of Central Park are very nice but are more residential. So you'd be walking/cabbing or taking the subway more to get to stuff.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site

Thanks

Matt

The hotels w/n 15 walk (all the larger chains have smaller properties) of BC are in downtown Brooklyn. Notably, you will save about 30%, if not more on a room rate for the same size room (small) and be a 5-15-20 subway ride from Manhattan.

Brooklyn is similar to East London or Southwark, if that helps.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
The hotels w/n 15 walk (all the larger chains have smaller properties) of BC are in downtown Brooklyn. Notably, you will save about 30%, if not more on a room rate for the same size room (small) and be a 5-15-20 subway ride from Manhattan.

Brooklyn is similar to East London or Southwark, if that helps.

That's solid advice. Though unless your trip revolves around islander games, I'd stay in Manhattan since it's your first trip. Maybe once you've been here two or three times staying in one of the boroughs would make more sense. Just my opinion.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Thanks

Matt

Consider staying in Long Island City as well. It's one or two subway stops over the East River from Manhattan, and super easy to get to Midtown/Times Square from there and also not terribly difficult getting down to Barclays on the G Train either.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I found it 100x better driving. Park for free on the street.

Yea, traffic on way there but you fly home. Drove to a playoff game, my buddy took the train. We beat him back home to Bethpage by an hour.

thx. would it be the same for weekend games and weekday games?

going to be there on Tuesday March 20th. oh, forgot to mention that we will be staying in Jersey.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY

Thanks

Matt

Id totally avoid Times Square for hotels.. the rooms are small and expensive. Look into AirBNB in Brooklyn. There are some great hotels in Williamsburg and Brooklyn Heights also. It is very easy to get to Barclays from midtown.

Pay no mind from the negative people here.. they live in Long Island and pretend that they run the show.

Enjoy the game!

TheRookie

Dec 30, 2006
Heading to NY in 3 weeks and planning to attend the season opener against Buffalo - Would like to get tickets tomorrow and would appreciate some feedback on seating as I've heard and can see why some sections might be ones to avoid.

I noticed there is almost an entire row available in section 16 row 9 is there something wrong with this section or specifically this row that turns people off from it? It doesn't seem like a bad place to sit and you have the Isles shooting that way twice ... which should be considered a good thing in most cases haha.

Also is the best way to travel to and from Brooklyn using the subway or does that get extremely congested on game nights?

Thanks very much any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
Heading to NY in 3 weeks and planning to attend the season opener against Buffalo - Would like to get tickets tomorrow and would appreciate some feedback on seating as I've heard and can see why some sections might be ones to avoid.

I noticed there is almost an entire row available in section 16 row 9 is there something wrong with this section or specifically this row that turns people off from it? It doesn't seem like a bad place to sit and you have the Isles shooting that way twice ... which should be considered a good thing in most cases haha.

Also is the best way to travel to and from Brooklyn using the subway or does that get extremely congested on game nights?

There's nothing wrong with it, sometimes they just hold rows back at a time to sell in plans and then release them. Plus that particular row is directly above the visiting team entrance so if you buy seats in the middle of the row there will be nobody in front of you all night.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

The subway does not get extremely crowded for Isles games, but navigating the subways on weekends can be very challenging due to weekend track work throughout the system . Since you didn't mention if you were staying in midtown Manhattan, Queens, New Jersey, etc, I can only speak in generalities.

Lord at War

Mar 27, 2017
L.I. Sound Shore

Here is my suggestion:

Section 228 row 1

This is a great value place to sit. It is marked as obstructed but it is not obstructed. Because of the unique configuration of barlcays it provides a premium vista. You are close to the ice at just the right level above the glass.

TheRookie

Dec 30, 2006
The subway does not get extremely crowded for Isles games, but navigating the subways on weekends can be very challenging due to weekend track work throughout the system . Since you didn't mention if you were staying in midtown Manhattan, Queens, New Jersey, etc, I can only speak in generalities.

Thank you very much I'll be heading back to Manhattan after the game for a bit ... Thanks very much :handclap:

TheRookie

Dec 30, 2006
Here is my suggestion:

Section 228 row 1

This is a great value place to sit. It is marked as obstructed but it is not obstructed. Because of the unique configuration of barlcays it provides a premium vista. You are close to the ice at just the right level above the glass.

I really appreciate the help I decided to take your advice I went in the 3D viewer and I can see what you mean $55 a ticket for opening night is a great price! That and the tickets I had originally had my eye are were actually gone went I logged in this morning. (Afternoon but morning in my world haha)

Thanks again really appreciate the advice probably saved me about $200 by sitting in this area. :yo:

Lord at War

Mar 27, 2017
L.I. Sound Shore
I really appreciate the help I decided to take your advice I went in the 3D viewer and I can see what you mean $55 a ticket for opening night is a great price! That and the tickets I had originally had my eye are were actually gone went I logged in this morning. (Afternoon but morning in my world haha)

Thanks again really appreciate the advice probably saved me about $200 by sitting in this area. :yo:

Rock-on indeed. The unique configuration is awkward which creates some bad views and some really unique views. You are sitting in a quietly premium spot (which sells at a discount).

Crow

May 19, 2014
Here is my suggestion:

Section 228 row 1

Are the other rows in that section obstructed? I'm thinking about grabbing row 3.

dcv2002

Jun 22, 2006
So heading in tonight after a lunch in Port Jeff. Was thinking of driving. Or driving to like Mineola and taking train from there. How's the parking situation on Saturday is I got there around 530? I hate the long trek home.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
So heading in tonight after a lunch in Port Jeff. Was thinking of driving. Or driving to like Mineola and taking train from there. How's the parking situation on Saturday is I got there around 530? I hate the long trek home.

bit late -- but I live out east and will often drive to Hicksville to train in for a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad