OT: Brooke Henderson future superstar

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Neat to see a Canadian do well. I used to golf almost daily but have not done so in years now. The time commitment and dollar cost to stay at the level I wanted was no longer worth it, and then when I stopped I realized I really was glad doing other things.

I have a massive amount of respect for what it takes to get to that level in the game.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Can we just go get the Eugenie Bouchard thread cross out her name and put in Brooke Henderson?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
How does this require its own thread?

One of the biggest sporting events on the planet, Euro 2016, is occurring right now and people are managing that discussion on the OT board.

Womens golf? Are there that many fans interested in this sport on a hockey board?

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Ya I posted this in the OT thread as well.

Extremely talented. Going to win a lot of tournaments and majors IMO.

A little unlucky for her that she may end up playing her entire career along side the best women's golfer the game has ever seen, but she proved last weekend that she has what it takes to beat the best.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
How does this require its own thread?

One of the biggest sporting events on the planet, Euro 2016, is occurring right now and people are managing that discussion on the OT board.

Womens golf? Are there that many fans interested in this sport on a hockey board?

not to agree or disagree with you, but euro 2016/copa america 2016 for that matter are very very low on canadian content...this has considerably more. Canadians tend to support canadians...now if there was a world cup and canada was in it, i guarantee there would be a thread about it, even if they lost all their games 10-0

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
not to agree or disagree with you, but euro 2016/copa america 2016 for that matter are very very low on canadian content...this has considerably more. Canadians tend to support canadians...now if there was a world cup and canada was in it, i guarantee there would be a thread about it, even if they lost all their games 10-0

Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and World Cup always has threads on here. Despite Canadian participation which in mens world cup is highly irrelevant given where we typically stand. In other words Canadian participation has nothing to do with it.

Just seemed kind of a random reason for a thread. Some Canadian female golfer no more relevant than Eugenie Bouchard.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Whoops, I missed this. Perfect, lol.

For a guy who objects to this thread already is spamming it with posts like every other thread. May I suggest to you to click ignore thread :nod: A 18 year old golf Phenom from Canada is pretty big news. You already have 25% of post count

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
For a guy who objects to this thread already is spamming it with posts like every other thread. May I suggest to you to click ignore thread :nod: A 18 year old golf Phenom from Canada is pretty big news. You already have 25% of post count

Hah, exactly.

What Henderson did was very impressive. A world class field, and upsetting the top name in women's golf in a sudden death playoff.

She's even got a good sense of humor and humility:
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/bro...-ko-after-edging-her-in-a-playoff-was-perfect

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
LOL replacement always finds a way to complain about something. Quite comical.

Hint - don't like the thread - ignore it?

If people don't want to discuss it, it will fall to pages 2 and beyond in short order.

Good god. What a waste of time and negative energy.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Different strokes for different folks. I played soccer for almost 10 years, but you couldn't pay me to sit down and watch a full soccer game unless I was getting drunk with my buddies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Different strokes for different folks. I played soccer for almost 10 years, but you couldn't pay me to sit down and watch a full soccer game unless I was getting drunk with my buddies.

Yeah I don't mind playing it but find the sport to be basically unwatchable.

As for the topic of Henderson it's pretty crazy Canada has only had 3 major winners in golf ever. Weir was such a crazy longshot when he won but Henderson looks like the real deal. It's fantastic!

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton

Thank you, what she did was incredible. Youngest us open winner of all time iirc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad