GDT: Bronze Medal Game - May 25 - Russia vs Czech Republic

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Is the TSN feed the world feed? Everybody has to listen to Ray?

No.
IIHF had it's own youtube feeds > not sure of the commentary as they are geoblocked for me.
In Germany Sport1.de is livestreaming on youtube with German commentary.
Have seen clips of Finnish & Swedish feeds. I guess Russians don't listen to Trail BC's finest mate.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Kovar was so close.. needed to keep going wide! f***en hell.. another 5 hole goal... that's 3 today. I agree with Hronek choice... Vasilevsky was amazing. I didn't like Hrubec's chances. 3 five hole goals squeaked through him.

It's amazing because we lost in shootout but you'd be hardpressed to convince me that Czechs were worse during the game.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just pitiful shootout attempts by the Czechs.
Remember when Canada looked awful against Hasek in Nagano? Same thing.. Andrei was just unreal. Totally got in their heads and didn't bite on anythin.

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
I say it every year but the IIHF is absolute garbage for allowing a Medal game to be decided by a tacky skills competition. It's mindblowing...

Someone give me a good reason why it's not continuous OT like the Stanley Cup Playoffs?!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Repik is an interesting choice. Not that I think he played poorly.

Back to back amazing goalie performances with Murray yesterday and now Vasilevsky.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
The least satisfying way to win the least satisfying medal. Vasilevsky won this one solo - no help from anyone else there. My condolences to Czechs who had to play and watch this game.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I say it every year but the IIHF is absolute garbage for allowing a Medal game to be decided by a tacky skills competition. It's mindblowing...

Someone give me a good reason why it's not continuous OT like the Stanley Cup Playoffs?!

Because the final game is going to be played in the same arena in less than 2 hours?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love continuous OT but it's just not possible in a tournament like this. Maybe if they played those games on separate days.

Reactions: Golden Puppers

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I’m sure people are gonna complain about the Czech shooters but honestly Vasy is the best shootout goalie in the world by a mile. Knew Russia had won the second ot ended.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Congrats to Russia for Bronze. Vasi has been unreal, he was key for Russia today.

I really liked the Czech effort today compared to yesterdays game against Canada. Even if we lost the game, it was not for lack of trying, that's the most important part for me. We need to work on our scoring efficiency though, its absolutely catastrophic. We had so many scoring chances to win this game in the 3rd period alone, but didn't capitalize on any.

I guess the quest for a medal continues for the Czechs. There is certainly more positive then negative to take away from this tourney. Cesi do toho!

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Read above.. it's a tournament. Canada plays Finland in one hour on this rink. They need to get fans out, fans in, warmup skate etc.

Reactions: Golden Puppers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad