b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
200.webp

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No I said Fangio D was overrated before Mack and it certainly was. It lost Bears several games with poor 2nd half a problem that also flared up at times this year even with Mack

In the end good for Fangio to get HC job and coaching a future HOF in Miller still in his prime and a rising star in Chubb is certainly appealing

And having Kubiak will benefit Fangio even more because he can focus on HC duties and D instead of worrying about offense and if Elway continues to fail at QB the blame will fall on him and lesser extent Kubiak

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm just glad he's out of the division. He's one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Denver fired a former DC turned coach just to hire another one?

Fangio IMO is committing career suicide.

Bad move on his part. Going from one of the league’s better rosters to one of the shakiest.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This may have been Fangio's only chance to become HC. Hardly career suicide and if Elway fails at finding QB it wont be Fangio that is blamed for mess

He is 60 yrs old and even with success this year only one team interviewed him. Taking this job was smart move

Look at how long it took Rivera to find HC job after teams passed on him in 2006 despite him being at time the hot shot DC candidate

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
No I said Fangio D was overrated before Mack and it certainly was. It lost Bears several games with poor 2nd half a problem that also flared up at times this year even with Mack

In the end good for Fangio to get HC job and coaching a future HOF in Miller still in his prime and a rising star in Chubb is certainly appealing

And having Kubiak will benefit Fangio even more because he can focus on HC duties and D instead of worrying about offense and if Elway continues to fail at QB the blame will fall on him and lesser extent Kubiak

I did notice that the Bears D sometimes faded in games. They seemed to blow teams out defensively in the first half, but if the opposing team was still in the game in the second half moving the ball seemed easier. I chalked that up to Khalil Mack getting tired but I was just guessing.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I did notice that the Bears D sometimes faded in games. They seemed to blow teams out defensively in the first half, but if the opposing team was still in the game in the second half moving the ball seemed easier. I chalked that up to Khalil Mack getting tired but I was just guessing.

That's the case for most defenses. BWC loves to harp on that minute detail. That defense carried them to 12-4.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Which makes me wonder why opposing offenses seemingly ONLY moved the ball against the Bears late in the game yet not early.

Like, are they playing possum?

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
yeah. I didn't know that Jackson played - I thought he was hurt. But yeah they needed to score more you are absolutely right.

In general the offense needs to be way better if they want to get where they want to go. Starts with #10. The defense will regress next year. Offense will need to pick up the slack.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, missing Jackson was pretty key. If you didn't notice he wasn't playing you probably weren't even watching the game as they mentioned him numerous times throughout the game.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As for the hiring, I feel like "older defensive coach who has been around the league" is the hiring that generally works out the worst. Gary Kubiak is probably back coaching this time by the end of 2020.

Reactions: Voight

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
As for the hiring, I feel like "older defensive coach who has been around the league" is the hiring that generally works out the worst. Gary Kubiak is probably back coaching this time by the end of 2020.

Don't think his health will allow it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->