Broken Sticks

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
sherwood sticks suck unless they are wood sticks... actually their goalie sticks are pretty nice, have seen plenty of pretty durable pro return 5030s.

Personally, I have a koho 590 pro return that is freaking sweet! Nice durability and soo light.

the_nole

Sep 6, 2005
los angeles, ca
speaking as someone that has broken 2.5 sticks in 2 days (1 goalie / 1.5 player), here is what I have learned.

Goalie:
I bought a 3-pack of Sherwood 9950 pro-return sticks. in about 4 months, 2 of them have broken (different places at the blade). which really disappoints me when before I bought a 3 pack of CCM sticks that lasted me about 1.5 years. Switching to Koho 580 / 590

Player:
Disclaimer: I'm a goalie trying to skate out, my slap shot is pretty ugly so probably the real reason why my sticks are breaking. but bought an Easton wood stick, the blade started to break after the 2nd game (1 game / 2 practises). Next day, broke an old Koho Kurri stick, broke at the blade

So I'm switching to Mission L-2, since my sticks are breaking at the blades. the L-2 comes with an extra blade @ a decent price. it's price of 2 composite sticks for the price of 3 wood.

Last edited:

theprogoalie777

Jul 20, 2006
Toronto,Ontario
I'd have to disagree due to my personal experiences with them. I had 3 Vapor XXX's but each lasted me less than 3 weeks as I'm a finesse player, lot of stickhandling and quick snapshot but no slapshots, just from the wear of other players broke 3, they couldn't stand up against strong competition. Maybe in a rec league or where there's less chippyness to a game but if you're playing higher up travel or something like that they won't last. I also had 2 XXX-Lites. I broke one the first game I had it after one period, and the other one broke 3 weeks later on a wrist shot from nearly the blueline.

I do play in a rec. league though:) That is my oppinion:dunno:

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Personally I love shaft/blade combos. A good shaft will last a long time, you'll just have to change out the blade every now and then. Less expensive than buying a new composite every time it breaks..

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I just recently purchased the Warrior Dolomite Shaft/Blade and I absolutely adore it, and after 10 skates or so of just constant shooting, probably 1000 shots, I love it's durability.

Vectors have also treated me quite well. Though, I treat my sticks like babies.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Aren't the XXX-Lites the sweetest sticks ever though? :D If they made one that felt like that and never broke that would be the greatest stick ever.

I can't stand the XXX lite. in my opinion it feels like it's hollow and weak, most NBH sticks feel pretty solid but not the XXX lite. But to each his/her own.

Personally, my favorite sticks I've ever had were:
Goalie = Koho 590 pro return
Player = Synthesis + composite blade(feels kinda like a SL but more durable)

The most durable = TPS redlite, I'd buy a couple more if I could afford it... not that I actually see mine breaking anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->