Post-Game Talk: BROKE! Pens lose 4-1 to juggernaut Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I don't wanna hear about his effort. Malkin is making nearly 9 million. He needs to score some goals.

This is getting hilariously bad. I never seen somebody get so many grade A scoring chances, and not shoot the puck.

penguins2946*

I was about to ask and KIRK nailed it on the head. This team is a repeat of the January 2009 Pens. Did Therrien get an extension before that year? I'm pretty sure he did, but I'm not sure.

Also, Shero needs to realize that the Pens are more important than Team USA. He can't not fire Bylsma because of the Olympics.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Something has to be done to wake these guys up.

I've thought about what could be done.
Mario/Burkle firing DB and Shero is highly unlikely.
I've thought about firing the assistants Rierdon/Granato and hiring Laviolette.

DB/Lavi/Martin on your bench.
Hey, it's something.

Other than that, what kind of moves can Shero make?
Trade Niskanen? That won't do much.
Get a package together to try and land a bonafide top 6 winger?
That would be a start in the right direction.

Reirden and Granato MUST go with Bylsma.

Penguinzilla*

Bylsma is the problem, there's nothing else to talk about. He handcuffs Crosby with Dupuis. Oprik, who may have worse hockey-sense than Dupuis, seems to always be out there on D when Sid is on the ice.
Every dman on the team gets worse every year with Bylsma.
I'm just going to pretend this year isn't happening and PRAY he gets fired after the Pens get embarrassed in the playoffs.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I love the hot goalie excuse. It is becoming more & more prevalent as we lose.

Maybe people will start looking back at the Boston series & seeing how telegraphed everything is & how easy it is for most goalies to stop pucks when there is zero traffic in front of them.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
This teams borderline insanity and it is getting closer to insanity each game. This ain't no mini slump, this is going to be a long ass slump until someone fixes things.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
This is all Evgeni Nabokov's fault. If he was just a bit less terrible or Vokoun just average against the Isle, DB probably would've been canned after last season.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I really want a press conference with Shero. I seriously want to know whats going through managements head right now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
My brother told me Shero was interviewed during the intermission and said the Pens were playing well lately but not finishing, so I wouldn't get your hopes up in terms of Bylsma getting fired.

If and when Bylsma does get canned it will likely be after another playoff embarrassment, which seems likely to happen this year since we have the same problems we always do.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
BREAKING NEWS: Shero just announced that Bylsma got another contract extension for his outstanding work. :sarcasm:

Breaking: Shero intends to meet Bylsma someday, ask him if he wants to be coach of the Penguins.

#bestGMinhockey

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
This is all Evgeni Nabokov's fault. If he was just a bit less terrible or Vokoun just average against the Isle, DB probably would've been canned after last season.

Eh Shero should have fired Bylsma after the Flyers series. Everything that's happened recently is on him.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Wouldn't it be cool if at the next pre game video the Pens incorporated the words WASH, RINSE, REPEAT and then gave us the relevant scenes? Not as if it would be too hard to put it together.
Sign me up. It's better than watching the **** that they are trying to pass off as hockey.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I was about to ask and KIRK nailed it on the head. This team is a repeat of the January 2009 Pens. Did Therrien get an extension before that year? I'm pretty sure he did, but I'm not sure.

Also, Shero needs to realize that the Pens are more important than Team USA. He can't not fire Bylsma because of the Olympics.

Problem is Pens are this bad and ONLY second in conference...pens would be like 10th in the West.

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
I love the hot goalie excuse. It is becoming more & more prevalent as we lose.

Maybe people will start looking back at the Boston series & seeing how telegraphed everything is & how easy it is for most goalies to stop pucks when there is zero traffic in front of them.

Exactly. The hot goalie excuse was only justified during the Habs series, but other than that they just played like **** and made it way too easy for opposing teams/goalies.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Some negatives from tonight. Paul Martin would rather get out of the way of the shot than try to block it. Struggling Letang & Malkin on the Point on the PP :shakehead. Again no traffic in front of Grandpa Brodeur. Malkin cute moves but nothing to show for it and I'm sure Jack Adams Bylsma will address it :laugh: No second PP Unit to speak of. Niskanen, Malkin and Letang are just disasters right now with the puck on their stick and Letang was the one who made the major mistake. Better coaching could solve all these problems.;)

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
My brother told me Shero was interviewed during the intermission and said the Pens were playing well lately but not finishing, so I wouldn't get your hopes up in terms of Bylsma getting fired.

If and when Bylsma does get canned it will likely be after another playoff embarrassment, which seems likely to happen this year since we have the same problems we always do.

I believe this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad