Brodziak thoughts

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's only 2.5 for this season it's 3.0 for the next two years. In my opinion he hasn't lived up to that contract since signing it.

No, its your exceptions of what veteran 3rd liners get paid that is warped. Brodziak's cap hit is 2.8 million. Veteran third liners(Stoll, Cooke, Clutterbuck, Bickell, Steen , Nystrom, Cullen, Stallberg, Gaustad) get paid between 2.5-4 million bucks.

Its the going rate, Brodziak isn't being overpaid.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
No, its your exceptions of what veteran 3rd liners get paid that is warped. Brodziak's cap hit is 2.8 million. Veteran third liners(Stoll, Cooke, Clutterbuck, Bickell, Steen , Nystrom, Cullen, Stallberg, Gaustad) get paid between 2.5-4 million bucks.

Its the going rate, Brodziak isn't being overpaid.

So because a guy is a veteran and plays on the 3rd line you shell out 3 million a year to keep him around? Cullen, Steen, and arguably Bickell are top 6 players. Cooke and Clutterbuck are elite checking line players and Nystrom, Gaustad, and Stallberg contracts are just as awful as Brodziak's.

The Wild gave Brodziak a big payday after his 22 goal season where he looked like an elite 3rd line center. Since signing that contract he has been pretty terrible and hasn't come close to matching his offensive production from that year. When Brodziak doesn't provide secondary offense he is a very average bottom 6 player. He doesn't provide any physical play or toughness like Cooke, Bickell, Clutterbuck, Nystrom, Gaustad. He doesn't have the speed and offense of Cullen, Stallberg, Steen, or Stoll.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Yeah I'd agree and I hope Brodziak starts playing really well and makes me put my foot in my mouth. I've just seen a next level to his game that has really been lacking for a while now. I really hope he gets back to that point because him and Cooke on their games make a scary third line.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

2012-13 Minnesota Wild NHL 48 8 4 12 20 -18
2013-14 Minnesota Wild NHL 12 2 2 4 8 4

He is 39th in the league for face offs taken and has a 53% win percentage. He is 2nd on the team for faceoffs taken and 3% below Mikko, who is in the Top 10.

I'll give Kyle some slack all things considered right now. The 3rd line has shown me it can produce. Now if they can get the anchor off their line and put back Mitchell there, I would be happy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, I'd like to get Mitchell more playing time. Let's get our money's worth out of those young legs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->