Player Discussion Brodin vs Dumba

Who to trade for a Center

• Total voters

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I mean yeah, but I really don't trust Soucy enough to thrust him into a #3 role. I'd really like to get another year look at him and Menell/Addison before making that call. Would be nice to see how Kaapo looks too.Also, cap situation is very uncertain right now. If we made a move for a top UFA defenseman, I'd be more inclined to move both though.

Losing both of them is worst case scenario. Something would have to go pretty wrong for it to happen, and I’m definitely not pushing for it to. I’m just not sure that it’s necessarily a doomsday thing if it’s salvaged correctly.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Losing both of them is worst case scenario. Something would have to go pretty wrong for it to happen, and I’m definitely not pushing for it to. I’m just not sure that it’s necessarily a doomsday thing if it’s salvaged correctly.

Oh I agree, there's definitely still lots of solutions available to us. Team really is in a much better spot than I thought they'd be in after Fenton's tenure.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Dumba for sure, only problem is he's not anywhere near the value of a top center right now.

The Zuccarello option is just silly, we love those NMC's...don't we :DD

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Wow, I'm the only guy that would prefer to keep Dumba over Brodin?

Then again, even I don't want this year's Dumba over this year's Brodin. I think Dumba will bounce back, but if he doesn't, then Brodin is the obvious guy to keep.

Reactions: TaLoN

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Wow, I'm the only guy that would prefer to keep Dumba over Brodin?

Then again, even I don't want this year's Dumba over this year's Brodin. I think Dumba will bounce back, but if he doesn't, then Brodin is the obvious guy to keep.

I don't necessarily believe it's a who would you rather keep. You're just going to get a more valuable C for Dumba than Brodin. I'd rather have a better center and Brodin.

Reactions: BagHead

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think Brodin is the better player, and is likely to cost less long term. It's a relative no brainer for me when we've got three defenders on the right side that are banging down the door for NHL minutes, or will be shortly.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Keep Brodin. I prefer his elite consistency and IQ over Dumbas inconsistent but loveable game.
at this point i'd try & trade dumba and if that fails try a gutsy move leave dumba & his 6 mill available for expansion. imagine dumbas 6 mill & if we can dump zuc's 6 mill plenty of cap room for a stud C.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't know that Dumba's skillset is considered more valuable, or rare, by GM's. It's hard to find a rearguard who can really defend with the skating skills that Brodin has. With the way the game has sped up, and the rough stuff has gotten left behind, his game is perfect for today. There are quite a few offensively skilled Dmen in the league with mediocre defensive ability, like Dumba. That's not rare. What is rare is a Dman who can contribute offensively at a high level and be above average defensively. Dumba has teased us in that regard, but has never shown that for any stretch of time. If he does, then he will be clearly more valuable than Brodin. Time is running out for Dumba. He's not a kid anymore...time to be good, and consistent.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I don't know that Dumba's skillset is considered more valuable, or rare, by GM's. It's hard to find a rearguard who can really defend with the skating skills that Brodin has. With the way the game has sped up, and the rough stuff has gotten left behind, his game is perfect for today. There are quite a few offensively skilled Dmen in the league with mediocre defensive ability, like Dumba. That's not rare. What is rare is a Dman who can contribute offensively at a high level and be above average defensively. Dumba has teased us in that regard, but has never shown that for any stretch of time. If he does, then he will be clearly more valuable than Brodin. Time is running out for Dumba. He's not a kid anymore...time to be good, and consistent.
Great analysis of todays D-MEN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad