Player Discussion Brodie or Tkachuk?

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Well, the kid made it to #61 on SN's list of top 100 moments, which was followed up by Burnzie and Tkachuk themselves :laugh:

20664009_10154663346046496_7463882673215555197_n.png

20664186_10154663349181496_5303266763667000990_n.jpg

Absolutely love the kid!

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I want to see Tkachuk without the Backlund boost and Brodie without the Wideman anchor or Gio Boost to decide completely but for now I would say Brodie.

Unless of course Tkachuk would end up in the Pacific. **** that. I'd hesitate before keeping Hamilton over him in that case.

Tkachuk with Mony and Johnny would be a point explosion for the three of them. Tkachuk is our best player on the boards and winning puck battles, he has the skill to play with them (arguably more skill than Mony), and is elite defensively.

There were tons of games last year when Tkachuk would make a pass to Backlund or Frolik where they'd fumble it/not see it because they weren't expecting it. Tkachuk is an amazing playmaker and Mony and Gaudreau have the high offensive IQ needed to play with him.

People talk about how Backlund propelled Tkachuk to great heights when I'd argue Backs held Tkachuk back offensively. Not insulting Backlund at all, but Tkachuk's offensive IQ and creativity is just higher than Backlunds and especially Froliks.

It's early, but I believe and have for a while that Tkachuk will be the Flames best player for years to come. Even if Gaudreau puts up 15-20 more points a year, Tkachuk will be the heart of the team. Hopefully Bennett can pick it up this year so Gulutzan can play Bennett and Tkachuk together for long stretches because I think as a pair they can surpass Mony and Gaudreau as a pair.

My infatuation with Tkachuk is funny to me because the last couple months going into the draft I didn't want Tkachuk at all and at draft day I wanted Tre to move up to snag Pulju. Now I am over the moon we ended up with Tkachuk and think he will be the 3rd best player of the draft (arguably 2nd because he'll have a way better overall game than Laine, even though Laine is a better offensive threat).

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Tkachuk with Mony and Johnny would be a point explosion for the three of them. Tkachuk is our best player on the boards and winning puck battles, he has the skill to play with them (arguably more skill than Mony), and is elite defensively.

There were tons of games last year when Tkachuk would make a pass to Backlund or Frolik where they'd fumble it/not see it because they weren't expecting it. Tkachuk is an amazing playmaker and Mony and Gaudreau have the high offensive IQ needed to play with him.

People talk about how Backlund propelled Tkachuk to great heights when I'd argue Backs held Tkachuk back offensively. Not insulting Backlund at all, but Tkachuk's offensive IQ and creativity is just higher than Backlunds and especially Froliks.

It's early, but I believe and have for a while that Tkachuk will be the Flames best player for years to come. Even if Gaudreau puts up 15-20 more points a year, Tkachuk will be the heart of the team. Hopefully Bennett can pick it up this year so Gulutzan can play Bennett and Tkachuk together for long stretches because I think as a pair they can surpass Mony and Gaudreau as a pair.

My infatuation with Tkachuk is funny to me because the last couple months going into the draft I didn't want Tkachuk at all and at draft day I wanted Tre to move up to snag Pulju. Now I am over the moon we ended up with Tkachuk and think he will be the 3rd best player of the draft (arguably 2nd because he'll have a way better overall game than Laine, even though Laine is a better offensive threat).

I totally agree with this post.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I voted Brodie I think having a guy who can step in and be a #1 Dman is more valuable in a vacuum than Tkachuk. But when looking at our prospect pool I think we have 4 Dman that are more likely to be impact players than our 2nd best forward prospect so I can see why Tkachuk would be much harder to replace.

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
If you only had cap space for one of these two players, who would you keep?

Not fantasy so points don't matter. Just wondering what player is more valuable to Calgary fans.

I am unable to vote yet so I will just tell you. My vote would be for Tkachuk. He is harder to replace then Brodie is and I think we could get more out of trading Brodie. I think a lot of people did not take this into consideration when voting but I do not think that would change the way people have voted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->