Injury Report: Brodie collapsed in practice

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Other tweets from Francis and Steinberg indicate it was a seizure of sorts. You'd have to think TJ won't be on this road trip and may be out for a while until they get to the bottom of things.

That’s going to really f***ing suck if true. For a team that already has had its struggles with transition, this is just twisting the knife.

His health is paramount though, so no question it’s for the best even if it hurts.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
What a bum! Now he's worthless on the trading front! Fire Treliving! Fire Peters! ... And somebody get me a drink!

Here's to a full and speedy recovery!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Sounds awful....

It was a terrifying scene at Scotiabank Saddledome on Thursday when TJ Brodie collapsed during the Calgary Flames’ practice.
The 29-year-old defenceman was standing by himself during a drill at the blueline when he fell to the ice and started convulsing. There was a moment of confusion when he landed, as the coaches and players — at first — weren’t exactly sure what was happening; the convulsions looked to have paused and Brodie had been lying motionless on the ice before the movements, that looked like uncontrollable muscle contractions, started again.

https://calgarysun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/calgary-flames/flames-defenceman-tj-brodie-taken-to-hospital-after-collapsing-at-practice

Get well soon....

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
First and foremost I hope he gets back to 100% health as fast as possible, but if that one rumour over the summer is even 20% true (that he's going to retire after his current contract), I wonder if this pushes it up more. Dude has already made a ton of money and with his wife's illness and now this, I wonder if he calls it quits and decides to spend time with his wife and family. Sure it sucks for the Flames, but who gives a f***. I'd rather him be healthy and happy with his family than keep playing hockey just for the sake of $.

I wonder how long they keep him out, who's to say this doesn't happen again during a game? Though him being sent home so early is obviously a good sign as well. Going off of nothing I just hope its minor and we'll see what happens tomorrow when they're supposed to update us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad