Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We hate everyone at yahoo that writes about us. They try to sensationalize for hits and know nothing. Roy told the media in Montreal today absolutely not.

Injuries are supposed to be short term. Varly was just a precaution thing. Only if Varly went down for a good while. Voukon is the one that's been a legitimate rumor.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Absolutely not. Neither Varly or Berra are out long-term. Plus, Brodeur isn't good.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Brodeur would still be a better option than Sami or Pickard if the injuries to Varly and Berra were long term

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
If worse came to worse - meaning major injuries - I think Vokoun is a much better fit. He has thrived while getting lit up, which is inevitable in Colorado. :dunno:

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway
Firstly. Brodeur being Coached by Roy? not going to happen in a million years.

Secondly, and most importantly Brodeur has absolutely NOTHING to offer NHL, and especially Colorado with his outdated playstyle.
I'd say if anyone, give Bryz a chance. he's been trained very well by what i see as the best Goalie coaching team in the world in Minnesota.

He's cheap, he doesent have any high hopes but he brings an "Ill do my best" effort where ever he goes. Absolutely something Roy needs.

That being said i highly doubt we will see Berra and Varly out for long. Varly only had a slight groin injury unless something else happend.
And Berra looked to be just a safety thing as he walked off just fine and isnt ruled out for Saturdays game.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Absolutely not. Ending the year with Pickard and Aittokallio would probably yield better results, too.

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway
Best option without a doubt would be Bryzgalov. Yes i know queue the universe jokes.

He's a goalie that is happy to come in and play a few games, he has no high hopes that he will get to stay with Avs. He knows hes a temp and is more than happy to help out.
He's flexible as we've seen when he went to Minnesota.

The time he spent in Minnesota he played well, and hes been trained by the best Goalie Coaching staff in the world over there (dont argue. Just see the goalies they have.)
He's also cheap, and he will always put in 110% effort and he never steps on anyones toes, very easily liked by everyone. (except Avery that he almost killed in AHL, but thats alright.)

That being said. There is no need when the injuries berra and Varly has is so "small". For now Roy has said it well, its still only 5 games into the season.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC · 27m 27 minutes ago
3) @DamoSpin reported Ilya Bryzgalov contacted COL, but Avs declined.

----

Honestly, after tonight, I would rather just stick with Pickard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->