OT: Brodeur shoots...he scores!

Ron*

Rich-Chere_normal.JPG

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Martin Brodeur is credited with his third career goal when Jordan Staal passes the puck off the boards and into an empty net.

Will link to video when it becomes available.

Ron*

Probably, but how often do they blow the puck dead when the goalie doesn't stop the put and only blocks it?

That was the correct call by the refs, I am going to have to disagree with you Tony. He didn't have possession. He just chipped it, and referees aren't (usually) going to whistle a play dead if its just tipped or chipped by a player.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
That was the correct call by the refs, I am going to have to disagree with you Tony. He didn't have possession. He just chipped it, and referees aren't (usually) going to whistle a play dead if its just tipped or chipped by a player.

It's really one of those gray areas. Most teams that are on the delayed penalty probably don't want that blown dead. But it is that old question of what is control? Since a player doing that not a goalie would be control. And was he just blocking the puck anyway, or did he send the puck to exactly where he was trying? And one could argue that the first would not be control and the second could be. Of course if he was asked that was exactly where he wanted the puck to go.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
The Coyotes should trade for him. Maybe they'd score more then.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
So does it go against the Canes' goalie as far as GAA and save percentage goes?

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Now if he could get an assist and a fight...that would be awesome.

Edit: not that a goalie scoring isn't awesome already ;)

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
That was funny. Have to admit that I was expecting a real goal. It turned out to be an own goal.

So does that goal count against Ward's GAA (or whoever the goalie is tonight for Carolina)?

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
That was funny. Have to admit that I was expecting a real goal. It turned out to be an own goal.

So does that goal count against Ward's GAA (or whoever the goalie is tonight for Carolina)?

Yes because Ellis was still on the ice, didn't get off the ice before puck went in, he tried to get back but couldn't get there in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad