Player Discussion Brock Boeser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Part of me wants him to play with Horvat again, this is where having a winger like William Nylander would do wonders for this team as Pettersson could play with skilled and dynamic. In my view, for Pettersson and Boeser to work the third winger on the line has to be skilled puck distributor and Ferland clearly isn't that. Boeser is a trigger man, not a play driver.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Part of me wants him to play with Horvat again, this is where having a winger like William Nylander would do wonders for this team as Pettersson could play with skilled and dynamic. In my view, for Pettersson and Boeser to work the third winger on the line has to be skilled puck distributor and Ferland clearly isn't that. Boeser is a trigger man, not a play driver.

I think it’s too early to over think it. Give these guys some time, it will start to click. If anything move Miller up, recall Baertschi, and put him next to Horvat where the two have had proven chemistry.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I think it’s too early to over think it. Give these guys some time, it will start to click. If anything move Miller up, recall Baertschi, and put him next to Horvat where the two have had proven chemistry.
Brock Boeser has played his best hockey with Bo Horvat. If Pettersson / Boeser is going to be successful they need a skilled winger, not a grinder like Ferland. Pettersson played great hockey early last season with Goldobin and Baertschi, two skilled wingers.

Baertschi / Pettersson / Boeser
Miller / Horvat / Pearson
Ferland / Gaudette / Virtanen
Leivo / Beagle / Sutter

Reactions: pomorick and MarkMM

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Brock Boeser has played his best hockey with Bo Horvat. If Pettersson / Boeser is going to be successful they need a skilled winger, not a grinder like Ferland. Pettersson played great hockey early last season with Goldobin and Baertschi, two skilled wingers.

Baertschi / Pettersson / Boeser
Miller / Horvat / Pearson
Ferland / Gaudette / Virtanen
Leivo / Beagle / Sutter
I think that looks pretty solid, although I wouldn't mind switching Baertschi and Miller.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Boeser is somewhat of a notorious slow starter...if it isn't rehabbing an injury in the off-season or being involved in a contract hold-out then it's a concussion in the exhibition schedule. It's always something. But he'll be fine.

The bigger issue is whether he belongs on Pettersson's line long-term. I have no problem with pairing them on the first unit pp, but their chemistry five-on-five has been lacking so far.

Reactions: VintageBure

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Imagine being surprised that a guy who sustained a concussion less than two weeks ago is having a slow start.

Last season he was dealing with an injury from the summer, same situation this season.

Reactions: Peter10

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Imagine being surprised that a guy who sustained a concussion less than two weeks ago is having a slow start.

Last season he was dealing with an injury from the summer, same situation this season.

Imagine making excuses constantly for bad play

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
He does look slow/injured compared to a few stretches over his career when he's mysteriously had more energy in his legs and shot. But maybe that's what we get with him. There have been periods, particularly in his rookie season, when he's looked dangerous, almost explosive at times, and then it just disappears. He's still incredibly skilled and has good positioning in the zone and gets his chances.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Best game of the year against St.Louis. Looked fleet dangerous and was hard on pucks. good sign

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
I miss the first 40 games rookie season boeser. The guy who looked electric and seemed to score every game.

This cement skate, pass forcing, hold the puck for too long and shoot a crest-muffin boeser isn't fun to watch.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
He looks fine when his feet are moving and has time to get going. The problem is quick movements from a standstill and edge work. He looks clumsy and drunk often.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Vintage Boeser moment today? Cool as a cucumber and beating top tendies from the slot. Hopefully the start of something for him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->