Player Discussion Brock Boeser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Your statement got me curious actually, so I looked up their 5-on-5 zone start % as a line, which actually turns out to be completely average:

2017-18: 42.33%
2018-19: 49.77%
On aggregate: 45.18%

Basically they start in their own end of the ice more often the other.

It's true that Konecny plays a lot with Giroux and Couturier, though just not in the cushy kind of role this might suggest. They aren't being fed the sort of prime offensive minutes like the Sedins in 2011 when they were pushing 70% offensive zone starts either, so perhaps there's something to be said about him actually being able to produce in deployment that isn't pillow-soft.

OTOH Boeser hasn't seen fewer than 60% zone starts in any of his most common line combinations with Horvat or Pettersson over the last 2 seasons, though of course those 2 are not quite where Giroux and Couturier are (yet?).

Either way Konecny's 5-on-5 performance in comparison to Boeser is definitely something worth keeping an eye on over the next 1 or 2 seasons.

Konecny's on the fly starts are highly offensive and he plays far more when the team is behind, benefitting from score effects.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Konecny's on the fly starts are highly offensive and he plays far more when the team is behind, benefitting from score effects.

What do you mean by the bolded? Almost all OTF shifts start after a dump-in so I’m not sure how one players OTF starts can really be more ‘offensive’ than another’s

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I'm not really sure what this means actually, could you explain?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Don’t most offensive offensive players play more when the team is behind? Be interested to see these stats

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
What I don't understand is the double standard for hits from behind vs hit to head or face when leading to injury. A hit from behind is every bit as dirty and is 100% avoidable while a square on hit to head can be a lot more a result of incidental contact or a well intentioned hit gone bad. We get it for minor hockey but not in the pros.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Boeser back at practice with a 'non-contact' jersey....if he's symptom-free for the next 24 hours, he shows up at practice on Monday with a regular practice jersey......which basically means he's a lock for the opening against the Oilers on Wednesday.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
Boeser back at practice with a 'non-contact' jersey....if he's symptom-free for the next 24 hours, he shows up at practice on Monday with a regular practice jersey......which basically means he's a lock for the opening against the Oilers on Wednesday.

That's pretty good news, crossing my fingers for him!

lawrence

May 19, 2012

just read on reddit, hes already playing without the non contact jersey and have a shot at starting against the Oilers.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
just read on reddit, hes already playing without the non contact jersey and have a shot at starting against the Oilers.

The way I understand it is, he was in a none contact jersey, and was fine. He'll practice with contact on Monday, and if he's was symptom free, he'll again be monitored for symptoms on Tuesday, and if he's ok he'll play Wednesday. However, if he's still none contact tomorrow, then we won't see until at least Saturday.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Great that Boeser is ready to go. He sounded pissed in the interview today when asked about the hit. Like duh no shit it was dirty..

Last edited:

HotFnBroad

Oct 1, 2019
GifMeme17120901102019.gif

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Boeser continues to play like someone who would rather play anywhere else, preferably in a location south of the 49th parallel...

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Im not too worried about anything other than his shot.

Its still not there. That wrister that could beat goalies clean. :(

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Boeser continues to play like someone who would rather play anywhere else, preferably in a location south of the 49th parallel...

I don’t agree with that, Boeser has shown no signs on not wanting to play here, Canuck fans really need to stop this type of thinking, it’s been apart of our fan culture for way too long.

it’s frustrating seeing our top line coast but it’s only 2 games and Boeser had a concussion as well as personal issues so a slow start is understandable.

Reactions: sexydonut

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
He's been like a zombie so far. His contract dispute and concussion might have something to do with it, but I'm still worried about his explosiveness and edging in his skating. Regardless of his start this season, he still needs to become more dynamic and explosive to remain a top liner in the NHL, not named the current Canucks.

The real problem errupts when neither Boeser nor Ferland seem to click with Pettersson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad