Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Still Unsigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Brock has been mostly painful to watch this year. He’s so slow and doesn’t seem to read the play as well as he did.

It’s mind blowing how he was the future a year ago, and then we get EP and see what a true franchise player looks like. They’re not in the same tier.

Not sure if Brock is injured or what but he just looks terrible out there.
New nick name
Terrible Brock Boeser, somehow still on a 50s pts pace and usually one of the better player on this team every game
Truly terrible

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
New nick name
Terrible Brock Boeser, somehow still on a 50s pts pace and usually one of the better player on this team every game
Truly terrible

Lol good one. He’s on pace for 12 goals and most nights he’s one of the worst players on the ice.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Certainly didn’t struggle tonight. He’s full marks for the 4 points he got.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
For whatever reason, he seemed to have almost all his speed back tonight. I was not predicting this.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
He looked like he was skating a bit gingerly after that cross check to the back.

Really hope he’s getting all the necessary medical attention and physiotherapy to help him get his body fully healthy.

He was just starting to show flashes of last year too.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Only one game, but hopefully he's bringing it back

Wow, for once the swear filter not being a thing ruins my Brock nickname or I'll collect another infraction. Nice.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Only one game, but hopefully he's bringing it back

Wow, for once the swear filter not being a thing ruins my Brock nickname or I'll collect another infraction. Nice.
I think it was more important that brock broke out than EP did. Good to see him get a multi point game and look dangerous.

I think big picture that we want him to have at least a solid season. One where he’s doesn’t feel that he isn’t leaving money on the table going for a long term deal.

Contracts I always believe in paying the player for what he is expected to do over the term of the deal and using his age and prior performance to give you comfort in your expectations.

It’s better to do a 6 plus year with brock since they have plenty of cap space rather than do a bridge and pay him more once EP starts his second contract.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Certain posters being kind of quiet tonight...
Yeah was out last night, what a stud game he had AGAIN. Brock Boeser has RE ARRIVED!!!!

His fake and early shot on that first goal was so overshadowned by Petterssons magic but was crazy impressive that he did that on the fly so quickly

Man I love this player :yo:

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Am I the only person that doesn't mind if Brock falls into a sophomore slump? His contact is up this year so we don't have to pay him as much and gives us a better chance at Jack Hughes.... Plus more cap flexibility down the road.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Am I the only person that doesn't mind if Brock falls into a sophomore slump? His contact is up this year so we don't have to pay him as much and gives us a better chance at Jack Hughes.... Plus more cap flexibility down the road.

I don’t think anybody would be upset at one bad season. As you say it’s probably better long term for the team. The worry is that he never gets back up to speed.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Glad the team, but especially Boeser and Marky to get 3 days off here... 6 was already making some strides to looking like last yr.. these three days of game rest should be significant.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Rather pay him 8x8 this summer than a a 5x2 then 10+ once salaries rise in the future

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

He's not obligated to sign a long-term contract after this season. He could struggle and could just decide to go with a one or two-year bridge contract to repair his value.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
He looked like he was skating a bit gingerly after that cross check to the back.

Really hope he’s getting all the necessary medical attention and physiotherapy to help him get his body fully healthy.

He was just starting to show flashes of last year too.

It's almost like you wish he is hurt. Your hating of the regime is out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad