Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Still Unsigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Much like his ground breaking hybrid retool-rebuild-neither-and yet-both-at-the-same-time team plan Mr Aquilini's cap management system must be similarly revolutionary in that even the most sophisticated observer cannot discern it. They'll be talking about these sports management innovations for years to come. We're fortunate indeed to have a front row seat as sports management history is made.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Bennings management of the cap is the #1 reason he should have been let go. So much wasted space... How can aquillini be happy with throwing away money?

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Perhaps Mr Aquilini has cracked the salary cap code so to speak. Imagine if he has devised a method of going over the salary cap in plain sight? I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation of our great leader's next move. This is exciting dammit!

Reactions: vanuck

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
A writeup from last month. Obviously the author was not aware of Mr Aquilini's top secret cap circumvention lab ;)

Salary Cap Deep Dive: Vancouver Canucks

Boeser is one of the more notable RFAs out there although he’s not at the top of the market. He’s also not eligible for an offer sheet. Earlier reports suggested that Boeser was seeking $7MM per year with Vancouver coming in at $6MM per with a longer term. While that means there’s still some work to be done, it serves as a reasonable range to project from and anything in that range will result in them needing to jettison players to get back into cap compliance before even considering Goldobin. The inconsistent winger actually finished seventh on the team in scoring last season despite not playing in 19 games. It wouldn’t be surprising if Vancouver was pointing to Virtanen’s deal as a possible comparable but Goldobin may be seeking more than that as his 31 points are more than Virtanen has had in a single season. No matter what, a short-term deal (no more than two years) is probable just to lessen their salary cap strain.

Reactions: Jack Burton

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't know about you guys, but I'm absolutely stunned that spending $11.5 million/year long-term in the summer of 2018 on three bottom-6 forwards + a winger with a career high of 35 points in Baertschi would come back to bite us in the ass the next year.

Who could possibly have seen this coming?

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Boeser is the last guy I would have picked to be a hold out. I thought that the Canucks did right by him bringing him straight in after his NCAA season finished and burning the ELC year and so there would be goodwill between them. It doesn’t mean Boeser is a bad guy, but I just didn’t expect this contract situation to go this way. Also with his injury history, I thought a long term contract on his side would be something he would want.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I don't know about you guys, but I'm absolutely stunned that spending $11.5 million/year long-term in the summer of 2018 on three bottom-6 forwards + a winger with a career high of 35 points in Baertschi would come back to bite us in the ass the next year.

Who could possibly have seen this coming?
Shhhhhhh!

It doesn't matter!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Boeser is the last guy I would have picked to be a hold out. I thought that the Canucks did right by him bringing him straight in after his NCAA season finished and burning the ELC year and so there would be goodwill between them. It doesn’t mean Boeser is a bad guy, but I just didn’t expect this contract situation to go this way. Also with his injury history, I thought a long term contract on his side would be something he would want.

It's not really Boeser's fault that Benning has signed so many bad players to so many bad contracts that the team is in cap hell and has no flexibility.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
A long term contract would come with a higher cap hit as it means he hits UFA status later.

The Canucks don't have the cap space this season for a high cap hit. So a long term contract is out of the question at this moment.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

I don't disagree with you and I have nothing to back this up with, but I would say that his agent is pulling more than Boeser is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad