Player Discussion Brock Boeser | "Back" in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Depending on what his agent is asking for I'd actually be okay with a more moderate 4 year $6 million per kind of deal. Neither side is getting that short of a stick and it's unlikely Boeser isn't worth that kind of deal even if his plateau is a 30 goal 60 point player.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Depending on what his agent is asking for I'd actually be okay with a more moderate 4 year $6 million per kind of deal. Neither side is getting that short of a stick and it's unlikely Boeser isn't worth that kind of deal even if his plateau is a 30 goal 60 point player.
4 years would make him a UFA at the end of that deal. 3 year deal would make much more sense.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
My hope is Boeser hits the potential we see in him and we are paying him top salary in the NHL, this kid is the weapon this team needs and I don't really care what it costs to have him on this team, if he is worth 10 million in 3 years and we are paying him 8 I don't care, I've had enough of the overpayments for shitastic players, this guy is the real deal.

Benning get it done

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
My hope is Boeser hits the potential we see in him and we are paying him top salary in the NHL, this kid is the weapon this team needs and I don't really care what it costs to have him on this team, if he is worth 10 million in 3 years and we are paying him 8 I don't care, I've had enough of the overpayments for ****astic players, this guy is the real deal.

Benning get it done
I’d go 6.5 * 7 personally. Could be a steal in a few years

Feb 24, 2017
4 years would make him a UFA at the end of that deal. 3 year deal would make much more sense.
If a player wants out by that time he will maneuver himself out. If he wants to be here passed his first UFA chance he will keep signing here. People here worry too much about that magic date where a player can bolt. Whether you make it easy for them or slightly more difficult, they’re gonna get their way.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
If a player wants out by that time he will maneuver himself out. If he wants to be here passed his first UFA chance he will keep signing here. People here worry too much about that magic date where a player can bolt. Whether you make it easy for them or slightly more difficult, they’re gonna get their way.

You still need to make it difficult, it’s just bad management not doing so. For that reason I do a 2 year bridge, or, minimum 6 year contract.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Boeser will only sign a long term deal reflecting that of a 40 goal scorer, PPG,all star. He won’t sign a long term deal as a 30 goal scorer, it just won’t happen.

Why not wait one more year? If he scores 40 goals and is at a point per game, then you give him the type of long term deal at the amount he is looking for, and you are more comfortable doing so because he has an additional year of success.

The idea that you can get a bargain deal right now just isn’t reality in my opinion. A young high end player like Boeser isn’t signing any long term deal right now unless he is getting paid like a 40 goal, point per game, all star.

I know, it's like people ignore the fact that there are two parties to a negotiation every time. Why would Boeser want to get locked up max years based on his rookie season production?

Reactions: Pip

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Boeser's team wins the DaBeautyLeague final; Brock lead the league in assists (18) and points (33), and was one off the lead in goals (15) - all in 8 games.

Also won MVP.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009

I was sort of hoping for a Horvat type of deal before the season started, still hope he can score +35 goals, but it's going to be expensive if he does...

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Still feel like we should've just taken the slight risk and tried to get a discount on a long-term deal. If his career falls off a cliff we're totally screwed anyways.

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Hmm this could get expensive but I can see the reason on wanting to see how he does in a larger sample size.

However, you are willing to risk on Beagle but not Boeser.... seems a bit backwards

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Still feel like we should've just taken the slight risk and tried to get a discount on a long-term deal. If his career falls off a cliff we're totally screwed anyways.

Don't you think Boeser is wise to an attempt to get a discount on a long term deal? Why would he be jumping to get locked up long term unless it was for what he thought he would be worth 2 to 3 years down the road?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Don't you think Boeser is wise to an attempt to get a discount on a long term deal? Why would he be jumping to get locked up long term unless it was for what he thought he would be worth 2 to 3 years down the road?

Long term security is a major factor. If he has a career ending injury before securing a long-term lucrative contract, he's screwed.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

I was sort of hoping for a Horvat type of deal before the season started, still hope he can score +35 goals, but it's going to be expensive if he does...

Great to hear! Just fantastic news! Boeser is BEAST! Boeser is LIFE!! :yo:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Boeser looks like he added a lot of strength in the off season, his shot is going to be insane.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Probably a good idea to see if his wrist is going to be a long term issue before giving him the big bucks long term.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Probably a good idea to see if his wrist is going to be a long term issue before giving him the big bucks long term.

looking at the goals he scored in the beauty leauge, his wrist doesn't look like an issue. just look at that shot my gosh i'm jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad