Player Discussion Brock Boeser | "Back" in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
What an idiotic management making him do that. Even if he says yes you have to STOP him. Pack a morons :rant:

Feb 24, 2017
I wonder if the Canucks will bring Brock Boeser to the draft lottery this year. One year I remember Linden having some kind of Pat Quinn item(hockey card?) with him “for luck”. If anything in this Canucks organization is actually worthy of being looked at as lucky or bringing good vibes, it is obviously number 6. I am sure this isn’t an original thought around here, but I wouldn’t know where to start to check.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I wonder if the Canucks will bring Brock Boeser to the draft lottery this year. One year I remember Linden having some kind of Pat Quinn item(hockey card?) with him “for luck”. If anything in this Canucks organization is actually worthy of being looked at as lucky or bringing good vibes, it is obviously number 6. I am sure this isn’t an original thought around here, but I wouldn’t know where to start to check.

irony of sami salo, the least luckiest man alive, telling us that the inheritor of his unlucky number, whose season ended due to a freak bench door accident, is lucky.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
JP: Now (Canucks GM) Jim Benning surprised a lot of people on Monday when he announced you had already gone home to Minnesota to have your wrist looked at by a doctor? What can you tell us about that?
BB: Obviously, I hurt it against Tampa a couple of months ago and it was still hurting when I was playing. I wanted to see my own wrist doctor, so that’s why I came home to see the same doctor that did my wrist surgery last year. It’s not the same injury. I just have to do some treatment and rehab with that. I think I’m going to do a *PRP injection and then I’m going to have to immobilize my wrist for about four weeks.
* (PRP is platelet rich plasma therapy designed to use a patient’s own blood to help stimulate healing)
JP: So a different injury, but the same wrist?
BB: Yes, it is.

https://www.tsn.ca/season-to-remember-for-boeser-future-looks-brighter-1.1054441

I find it kind of worrisome that he has had 2 seemingly significant injuries on his wrists already. His shot is his bread-and-butter. :(

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Quite a day fro the future of the Canucks, first Elias Pettersson and now the NHL makes it official with Brock.

Vancouver Canucks‏Verified account @Canucks
29 goals. 55 points. NHL All-Star MVP. And now @BBoeser16 is nominated for the Calder Memorial Trophy! Congrats!

DbaLtgFUwAAa6kl.jpg

NHL‏Verified account @NHL

These finalists for the Calder Memorial Trophy became household names around the League. They are @Barzal_97, @BBoeser16 and @ClaytonKeller37. Find out the winner in @Vegas! #AwardWorthy #NHLAwards
DbaKM9wW4AAszIA.jpg

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It said he went to see his own doctor so I assume that doctor said it was ok to play through

Doesn't it say he did it now? Not during the season.

The best way to get chronic joint issues is to strain them while they are injured.
In a season where we are going to be a lottery team, please don't do that to our best player.

That shouldn't be even debatable. Calgary, as soon as they were out of playoff contention, shut Monahan down with his wrist injury. Thats what you do if you want to invest long term. If you are trying to win now you play with painkillers and cortisone shots and deal with the injury off season.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Assuming Boeser comes back fully healthy, what's his ceiling?....has he got another level to reach?.....some hockey people feel he's just scratched the surface of what he'll become in the NHL. He's fine with Horvat, but if they ever find him a decent playmaking center, he could easily hit 40 goals imo....maybe Pettersson will eventually be that 'go'to' guy down the middle.

Reactions: Index

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Assuming Boeser comes back fully healthy, what's his ceiling?....has he got another level to reach?.....some hockey people feel he's just scratched the surface of what he'll become in the NHL. He's fine with Horvat, but if they ever find him a decent playmaking center, he could easily hit 40 goals imo....maybe Pettersson will eventually be that 'go'to' guy down the middle.

Players who primarily play their draft year and draft + 1 year on the wing very rarely make the switch to an impact NHL center.
For now we should assume we have a elite wing prospect in Pettersson and be positively surprised if he turns in to a center.

Can you link to what the hockey people are saying (and who they are).

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver

Well was he not on pace for 40 before that wrist injury? He could get 50 with an improved slap shot and a play making center

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Would love to see a future 1st line of Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser. Horvat can centre the 2nd line.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Players who primarily play their draft year and draft + 1 year on the wing very rarely make the switch to an impact NHL center.
For now we should assume we have a elite wing prospect in Pettersson and be positively surprised if he turns in to a center.

Can you link to what the hockey people are saying (and who they are).
A couple of names that come to mind are Craig Button, who's always been a huge booster and the recently deposed Flames coach Glen Gulatzan, who said he couldn't believe what he was seeing out of Boeser at one of his first prospects tournaments he showed up at, and thinks he'll be even better next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->