Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Still Unsigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I’m hoping for a 7m x 6 year deal. Canucks will point to two injury shortened seasons where he didn’t eclipse 60 points, they will say there is risk in term with him and that should keep costs down.

I dunno... I don’t see him getting 8mil...

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I’m hoping for a 7m x 6 year deal. Canucks will point to two injury shortened seasons where he didn’t eclipse 60 points, they will say there is risk in term with him and that should keep costs down.

You could also argue from Boesers side that injury was holding him back and now that he's healthy he could be twice the player he is when he's 22-27.

His ppg in the two years equates to 69 points/82 games. His ppg basically is on the level of Laines. Considering Nylander just got 7 and Nylander isn't even the top 6 in the leafs most important player list it's safe to say Boeser is getting more than 7.

Boeser is arguably the second or third most important Canuck moving forward.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
You could also argue from Boesers side that injury was holding him back and now that he's healthy he could be twice the player he is when he's 22-27.

His ppg in the two years equates to 69 points/82 games. His ppg basically is on the level of Laines. Considering Nylander just got 7 and Nylander isn't even the top 6 in the leafs most important player list it's safe to say Boeser is getting more than 7.

Boeser is arguably the second or third most important Canuck moving forward.

I don't think it's a good idea to pay a player based on his (current) importance to the team, although I can see that it would be used as an argument.

Personally, I am comfortable with giving Boeser a long term deal as I think his production is repeatable. But I think we did see some concerns this season in that injuries that slows his skating can impact his game quite a bit, not to mention injuries that impact his shot.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
One of the biggest off season stories is what we can get Boeser to sign for. Whatever we do we can't get into a mess like Toronto did last off season.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Hoping for a loooong term deal for Boeser. This is our chance to get him at a discount. Do you think anyone regrets signing Horvat to a long term deal instead of a bridge?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
From Botchford's piece in The Athletic today:

64151ea46a62b6e246a893d41c1e76b9.png

Reactions: Grantham

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
It’s incredible how this keeps happening with young players over and over again.

Its incredible. Its not really rocket science this stuff. Your body adapts to what you do. Train for Hockey.... balance, core strength, explosive exercise, hand eye etc.

Wake boarding and doing bicep curls with your buddies is probably not the best off-season plan for a hockey player

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
This contract prediction model projects a 7-year, $7.4 million contract for Brock Boeser

Didn't know if this was posted earlier.

Other than the draft, I think this will be the biggest talking point this summer. I actually wouldn't mind a 7.4 million a year contract. It's exactly market value, really. I'm scared that Marner's contract will artificially inflate the market.

Marner's contract is completely irrelevant to Brock Boeser. Marner can get paid 9M, or 12M, or anything in between and it won't matter at all.

Marner's career low in points, set in his rookie season, is higher than Boeser's high. Marner is coming off a 94p season where he finished 11th in the league in scoring and easily led his team in scoring. Brock has never finished within the top-75 of league scoring. Marner has missed 5 games in 3 seasons combined, Brock has missed 33 games in 2 season combined. They're just a completely different caliber of player right now. Marner is a franchise winger and Brock is a great 1st line winger.

Boeser should get somewhere between 7-7.5M x 8 years.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Lock him up - 7 years. Takes him to 29 which should still be in his prime or just past it.
7 million would be idea but i could see 7.5 million happening and thats okay

He

Jul 2, 2015
Winnipeg
I'd imagine contract doesn't get done for awhile... Understandably so, when dealing with cancer in the family you couldn't possibly spend enough time with them :(

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'd imagine contract doesn't get done for awhile... Understandably so, when dealing with cancer in the family you couldn't possibly spend enough time with them :(

I think most players let their agents handle the negotiations but Benning has in the past chosen to wait and re-engage when the player is ready.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax

Agreed on the last point. On the first point I don't really agree. Why does Boeser take a haircut on a long term deal because he was injured? I think it would be a bridge deal in that case.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think most players let their agents handle the negotiations but Benning has in the past chosen to wait and re-engage when the player is ready.
The agent needs to talk to his client about options between bridge and selling ufa years plus structure of the contract.

Heavy lifting done by the agent but he’ll need to keep brock in the loop once he feels they are close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad