Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Still Unsigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

I thought he sucks?

We’ve seen a big change in his effort levels in just the past week. I think it was the Vegas game last week where he was total ass and then came out next game with a big chip on his shoulder because media and fans were talking serious smack about him quitting on the season.
His defensive effort still needs improvement overall, but the last 2-3 games he’s been a lot better

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Well, there were sure a lot of “nobody” in the GDT thread for he past few months

Criticizing his defensive play and effort level was completely justified. Wanting the coaching staff to punish lazy play was completely warranted. That doesn’t mean he sucks. He’s one of 3 long-term core pieces currently on the roster and the team needs to get the best out of each of them.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Criticizing his defensive play and effort level was completely justified. Wanting the coaching staff to punish lazy play was completely warranted. That doesn’t mean he sucks. He’s one of 3 long-term core pieces currently on the roster and the team needs to get the best out of each of them.
Let’s not pretend that every criticism he got on this board was well deserved.
Some were not only ridiculous but laughably non-sense

Reactions: Catamarca Livin

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Can you be more specific?
Just out of my memory without searching:
Boeser took a tripping penalty last game because a Vegas player got his skate stuck with Brock’s stick. And some how Brock was criticized for being lazy...

The leafs game, Granlund screw up so badly on pp and caused a shg. Somehow Boeser got criticized for “sucking” because he screwed up too like 20 secs ago, which had nothing to do with the shg.

Now these were only a couple posters, but still....ridiculous to read

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Boeser took a tripping penalty last game because a Vegas player got his skate stuck with Brock’s stick. And some how Brock was criticized for being lazy...

The leafs game, Granlund screw up so badly on pp and caused a shg. Somehow Boeser got criticized for “sucking” because he screwed up too like 20 secs ago, which had nothing to do with the shg.

That doesnt seem too bad.

I own a Boeser jersey and I can say his effort has been subpar this year overall.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

There are a couple posters that think gudbrandson was gonna be a 30 point dman with Hughes next year; you don’t see anyone pairing everyone with that brush

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011

:whine:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
There was a span of about 3 consecutive overtime games where he was unplayable lol.

I think next season is gonna tell us a lot about how much he cares about improving his motor/skating.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I wonder what his contract is going to be - I wonder if they push for him to be paid at the 9 million dollar level( or higher) long term and the canucks balk at it.

He’s in the market category as he provide a much higher percentage of the teams goals and has a better g/pg

I wonder if they agree on a 2 year bridge deal in the end of it

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
I wonder what his contract is going to be - I wonder if they push for him to be paid at the 9 million dollar level( or higher) long term and the canucks balk at it.

He’s in the market category as he provide a much higher percentage of the teams goals and has a better g/pg

I wonder if they agree on a 2 year bridge deal in the end of it
They need to skip the bridge deal and lock him up long term. He's going to up his stock next season after a full healthy offseason, better conditioning, and more experience. I'd put money on it.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
They need to skip the bridge deal and lock him up long term. He's going to up his stock next season after a full healthy offseason, better conditioning, and more experience. I'd put money on it.

Oh I agree but I’m not sure about the contract from Brock’s perspective; he’s dealt with injuries which have hampered his numbers a bit so a bridge deal could allow him to hit the 40 goal mark and then negotiate. He’s going into this negotiation with a 29 and possible 30 goal season on his resume. Taking a bridge deal and putting up a 35 and 40 goal season would easily put him in the 10-11 million mark right?

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Oh I agree but I’m not sure about the contract from Brock’s perspective; he’s dealt with injuries which have hampered his numbers a bit so a bridge deal could allow him to hit the 40 goal mark and then negotiate. He’s going into this negotiation with a 29 and possible 30 goal season on his resume. Taking a bridge deal and putting up a 35 and 40 goal season would easily put him in the 10-11 million mark right?
He has no arbitration rights, so his only leverage is signing an offer sheet. That's the benefit of giving them a cup of coffee in their first year where the team 'burns' a year off their ELC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad